Author Topic: Conan Show SDCC 2017  (Read 126315 times)

Offline mattytreks

• Ballroom 20
    • mattytreks on twitter
  • Liked: 233
Re: Conan Show SDCC 2017
« Reply #1170 on: August 02, 2017, 03:01:53 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Conan was fun and I'm happy to finally get tickets, but I don't know if I would do it again. It took up so much time on friday and it was so hot in the theater. I did enjoy it but might skip it next year and let others have a chance.

This year was a bit unorthodox with Thursday getting two shows.  If they do end up doing that again, I would definitely attend a taping later in the evening that doesn't interfere with my daytime at the con.

Otherwise I absolutely agree with what you said -- the time it would take me away from the exhibit floor/panels + the heat inside the theater would be enough for me to say: "Cool, I did that once.  I'm good."
Star Wars | LEGO | 1000toys | Batman | Voltron

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #1171 on: August 02, 2017, 03:22:53 PM »
Interesting, the time I went it was comfortable inside the theater. For the Friday show, I could feel the AC hitting me where I was sitting. The hallway even had cold air going through there nicely. It was strong, too! Now because they over did it with the tickets for Thursday, which messed up the Friday show (the good seats already being half gone), I was up in the balcony, but in the first row. Yes, it felt nice up there. It looks like Wednesday was the bad day, but not the other two.

Btw, I was in line pretty early for Friday. So early that I was near the door where you get your ticket, but still got balcony. Still not happy how they did things with the tickets. For the Thursday afternoon show, my family members where further back in line, and got front row seats right next to the stage. They better make sure this problem doesn't happen again.

We were in the balcony probably about halfway up and it was very hot and stuffy. It could be the theater just does not have a good or consistent AC system.

We got in line about 7:30am and did not leave with our tickets until closer to 10am. A lot of time to dedicate for something that was supposed to be fairly painless. (Not complaining because I know it was something a lot of people wanted to do - but for me it was so much effort for not a lot of payoff)

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #1172 on: Today at 06:58:40 AM »

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #1172 on: August 02, 2017, 05:45:29 PM »
We were in the balcony probably about halfway up and it was very hot and stuffy. It could be the theater just does not have a good or consistent AC system.

We got in line about 7:30am and did not leave with our tickets until closer to 10am. A lot of time to dedicate for something that was supposed to be fairly painless. (Not complaining because I know it was something a lot of people wanted to do - but for me it was so much effort for not a lot of payoff)
That's true, the AC system is not the best. And I understand, but they are usually fast with that. For sure this year wasn't their best when it comes to handling the tickets. 

Maybe it was based on what table you went to? When walking through the line we were told to go to the one straight ahead towards the right.  I didn't ask for anything specific or say anything, they just handed them out and pointed on the map where they were. From what I could see at a glance they were all orchestra left, the table was giving out two groups at a time-side by side. And I was for sure behind you by quite a bit based on your line position.  Major shrug.
Went to that table, too. Lol So indeed a major shrug.
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #1173 on: August 04, 2017, 12:04:34 PM »
I had sent an email complaining about the overbooking and I'm glad they apologized for the situation.  They offered to send some shirts and while it doesn't make up for missing out, I am still glad they acknowledged the situation.   

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #1174 on: August 04, 2017, 02:54:19 PM »
I had sent an email complaining about the overbooking and I'm glad they apologized for the situation.  They offered to send some shirts and while it doesn't make up for missing out, I am still glad they acknowledged the situation.   

I appreciate you contacting them!   It was a good situation the first couple years and I would like them to focus on bringing it back to that!
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #1175 on: August 04, 2017, 03:08:33 PM »
I appreciate you contacting them!   It was a good situation the first couple years and I would like them to focus on bringing it back to that!

I was just happy it wasn't a form letter. I guess it helped I didn't swear at them or anything, but told them politely that we were very disappointed and that it threw our day for a loop as we planned around it.

I had also politely asked them why they overbooked given the substantial standby lines and they said they based it on last year's turnout and standby lines and the rate of redemption this year was a lot higher than they anticipated.

Offline Booker

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #1176 on: August 04, 2017, 03:36:57 PM »
I lined up around 9am on Thursday and got tickets right before noon, so almost a 3 hour wait.  Once inside, there were 2 tables.  We went to the table on the right and got balcony tickets - the very last row on the third deck lol.  Luckily for us, when we arrived at the venue, they split up our group and seated each of us individually wherever there was an open spot on the lower floor.  Even though we had to sit separately, I was grateful for the upgraded seat.  I was probably 10 rows back from the stage.

Offline Booker

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #1177 on: August 04, 2017, 03:42:20 PM »
Does anyone know if Conan had an autograph signing?  And if so, which days did he sign?  I see a lot of autographed Conan pops online, for all 4 versions.  But since the figures were only released at the end of each show, I wonder how people were able to get all 4 of them signed?

Offline Cut That Meat

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 176
« Reply #1178 on: August 04, 2017, 04:16:29 PM »
Does anyone know if Conan had an autograph signing?  And if so, which days did he sign?  I see a lot of autographed Conan pops online, for all 4 versions.  But since the figures were only released at the end of each show, I wonder how people were able to get all 4 of them signed?

No official signings, but he usually signs a fair amount when he leaves the theater after the taping. It's the same entrance the celeb guests enter and exit from:

SDCC 2008, 2010-11, 2013-19, 2022-23
WC 2014-16, 2023
D23 2015, 2017, 2019, 2022
ECCC 2019

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
  • Cheese and Carb Enthusiast
  • Liked: 302
« Reply #1179 on: August 04, 2017, 10:45:29 PM »
No official signings, but he usually signs a fair amount when he leaves the theater after the taping. It's the same entrance the celeb guests enter and exit from:

Can definitely confirm that Conan signs almost everyone's Funkos after the taping. He's really great with his fans and my sis, friend, and I all got our Funkos signed (and I also get a pic with him too)

Offline Rhoads

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #1180 on: August 06, 2017, 01:15:24 AM »
Exactly what I feared was going to happen, happened. Thankfully though not on my day. I had a Wednesday ticket and got there around 11:40 am. Was able to get my tickets from 1iota. I had balcony 4th row though. Seats were really uncomfortable and the theater was very hot. Don't know if it is worth the hassle next year. Overall the show was fantastic. Love my Spider-Man Conan too.

Offline force951

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #1181 on: August 07, 2017, 06:48:37 AM »
Showed up at 8am on Thursday to get our tickets. I had 4 for the early show and friend had the later show. Didn't get our tickets until shortly after 11am.