Author Topic: Celeb watching at hotels  (Read 6515 times)

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
Re: Celeb watching at hotels
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 09:51:19 AM »
I didn't see any celebs at the Omni, but then again, I am pretty oblivious during Con. I sometimes know their names, but DH rarely does. If we see someone, I have to give him a character name or at least a TV show/movie.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Ang

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 10:25:55 AM »
Last year one of our group went to a party at the Hard Rock.  While riding up in the elevator Chris Pratt got in and said he liked her shirt.  Then they he got off at the same floor she did and turns out he was going to the same party.  Mads Mikkelsen was at the party, too, so she spent 4 hours at a party with Chris Pratt and Mads Mikkelsen.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 03:08:00 AM »

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 12:57:15 PM »
Saw no celeb that i know of but thought i saw one wearing shades but he was was like walking fast kinda so i questioned to myself but didnt try to stop as if it was somebody i thought it was they might have been trying to get somewhere and wasnt in mood to sign or do pics any or may have not worn the shades on purpose. but did have chance to see and get a pic with Heather Lake with fox5 news of san diego which was cool, she was dress as Ren from last star war movie before rogue one came out. saw some other celebs by chance at con but didnt try take pics incase bug out cause some was charging for any.

Offline Quislings

• Room 6BCF
    • Nerdophiles
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2017, 02:47:33 PM »
The Hilton Bayfront is sometimes a good place to do this because they have a lot of the press rooms on the 3rd and 4th floor, although I did see the cast of Fear The Walking Dead using a service elevator this year - so they may try to avoid the crowds.

This year in the Hilton I saw Vincent D'onofrio hanging out in the lobby and no one approached him and I rode the elevator with Karen Gillan. Technically, I saw the cast of Bright, Fear The Walking Dead, and Mr. Mercedes but that was because I was doing press things and then would awkwardly run into them again after leaving the room.

In years past, I've seen Bryan Fuller, Josh Peck, the cast of Gotham, Jared Padalecki and Misha Collins, Nicholas Brendan, all at the Bayfront.
Managing Editor of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | SDCC (2013 - 2018) | NYCC (2014 - 2018) | Wondercon (2017) | AwesomeCon (2014)

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2017, 02:55:23 PM »
Stayed at the Hard Rock. Either rode the elevator, passed in the hallway, spoke to:

- The entire cast of Stranger Things, multiple times. Got photos, autographs, conversations. Natalia Dyer was two rooms down from us, and the rest of the cast was on our floor.
- The new Red Ranger. Apparently he's in Stranger Things 2.
- Jeff Goldblum was in the room next to us. Passed Karl Urban and Kevin Feige in the hallway. I am going to assume the rest of the Thor cast was on our floor.
- The entire cast of Fear the Walking Dead. Ran into them when checking into our room, and waited for the elevator with them. They were trying to talk to my daughter, but she was too star struck.
- Rode elevator with Lupita Nyong'o and Michael B Jordan, from Black Panther, at separate times.
- All 4 of The Defenders, and The Punisher. Got a photo only with Mike Colter.
- Ran into Jessica Henwick in passing. Asked her for a photo and she was excited to do so. I missed my chance to ask her out for drinks, though. (celebrity free-pass!)
- Also said HI to Rose McIver, but choked on asking her out. She was with Aly and AJ.
- My daughter saw Gal Gadot in the elevator.
- Stephen Amell, David Anders, and Will.I.Am were my annual drunk celebrity sighting this year. (I have photos with at least one drunk celeb 4 years running), and the rest of the Black Eyed Peas.
- The cast of Supernatural rode the elevator with my wife.
- Walked the hallway with the cast of Riverdale.
- Daughter selfies Sonequa Martin-Green, some of The 100, and Danielle Panabaker.
- Waited for elevators with the cast of Gotham, The Flash (photos with Grant), later ran into Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood hanging in the elevator alcove.
- Photo with Oscar from The Office
- My daughter recognized Drake Bell and got a photo with him.
- The new guy from Krypton.
- Rode elevators with the entire cast of Bright, sans Will Smith.
- Karen Gillan

That was just this year, and there are many more I don't remember. Also stayed in the Hard Rock 2016. I could post a separate list for that!  ;D

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2017, 03:05:34 PM »
Can't saw I saw any at The Bristol. Then again, if I did, I wouldn't recognize them.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2017, 03:34:18 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Stayed at the Hard Rock. Either rode the elevator, passed in the hallway, spoke to:

- The entire cast of Stranger Things, multiple times. Got photos, autographs, conversations. Natalia Dyer was two rooms down from us, and the rest of the cast was on our floor.
- Jeff Goldblum was in the room next to us. Passed Karl Urban and Kevin Feige in the hallway. I am going to assume the rest of the Thor cast was on our floor.
- The entire cast of Fear the Walking Dead. Ran into them when checking into our room, and waited for the elevator with them. They were trying to talk to my daughter, but she was too star struck.
- Rode elevator with Lupita Nyong'o and Michael B Jordan, from Black Panther, at separate times.
- Ran into Jessica Henwick in passing. Asked her for a photo and she was excited to do so. I missed my chance to ask her out for drinks, though. (celebrity free-pass!)
- Also said HI to Rose McIver, but choked on asking her out. She was with Aly and AJ.
- Stephen Amell, David Anders, and Will.I.Am were my annual drunk celebrity sighting this year. (I have photos with at least one drunk celeb 4 years running), and the rest of the Black Eyed Peas.
- Daughter selfies Sonequa Martin-Green, some of The 100, and Danielle Panabaker.
- Waited for elevators with the cast of Gotham, The Flash (photos with Grant), later ran into Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood hanging in the elevator alcove.
- Karen Gillan

That was just this year, and there are many more I don't remember. Also stayed in the Hard Rock 2016. I could post a separate list for that!  ;D

Are u by chance a celeb magnet lol, and guess that the key place to stay to see any celeb or just hang out at the hotel and act like u have a room and just roam around the place and see who u met and all at time lol.

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2017, 03:50:09 PM »
Are u by chance a celeb magnet lol, and guess that the key place to stay to see any celeb or just hang out at the hotel and act like u have a room and just roam around the place and see who u met and all at time lol.

You can't get into the Hard Rock without a key card, to avoid a massive amount of people just hanging in the lobby.

I don't think I am am magnet, but I have a thing with faces. I never forget them, and I can pick them out of a crowd. I saw a few walking around the gas lamp, not being bothered by anyone because they weren't recognized...but I can tell who they are.

Problem is, as good as I am with faces, I am equally bad with names. Even with celebs I may see that I am a fan of, I blank on not only their real names, but even their show/movie names. I can watch entire movies and never know the characters' names.

Offline indiglow

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 51
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2017, 03:56:22 PM »
You can't get into the Hard Rock without a key card, to avoid a massive amount of people just hanging in the lobby.

I don't think I am am magnet, but I have a thing with faces. I never forget them, and I can pick them out of a crowd. I saw a few walking around the gas lamp, not being bothered by anyone because they weren't recognized...but I can tell who they are.

Problem is, as good as I am with faces, I am equally bad with names. Even with celebs I may see that I am a fan of, I blank on not only their real names, but even their show/movie names. I can watch entire movies and never know the characters' names.

So handy that the HR does that! Definitely helps with how celeb-heavy the hotel is during sdcc, especially with all the parties.

I may have to try for the HR next year. I'm big on faces, names, and acting work. Not that I'm celeb crazy but I love pop culture. Sounded like fun to stay there.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2017, 06:30:18 PM »

- Karen Gillan

Did all those people have a reason to be at comic-con like a panel or press event?  Or do celebs just attend comic-con just like everyone else.  A few years back, I rode next to a b list celeb on the trolley.  I pretended to have no idea who he was, I don't know his name, but he looks familiar from TV shows and commercials.  So we just talked about the con and video games.  He didn't sound like he was attending for any work related reason.  He was just attending.

Offline indiglow

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2017, 06:49:04 PM »
Did all those people have a reason to be at comic-con like a panel or press event?  Or do celebs just attend comic-con just like everyone else.  A few years back, I rode next to a b list celeb on the trolley.  I pretended to have no idea who he was, I don't know his name, but he looks familiar from TV shows and commercials.  So we just talked about the con and video games.  He didn't sound like he was attending for any work related reason.  He was just attending.

Everyone [member=2639]Dubb[/member] mentioned was there for work except Drake (not sure what he's doing these days) and AJ - she was prob there to support Aly though.

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2017, 07:02:58 PM »
Yeah, they were all there for panels. Though, I did see NFL running back Deangelo Williams walking the exhibition floor, wearing his own badge!

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2017, 07:23:31 PM »
This year: had a short conversation w/Rachel Harris (psychiatrist from Lucifer) at Bayfront.  She is a *tiny* lil thing!
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2017, 08:31:54 PM »
Aaahh! Jim Lee!! I'm like 5 feet from him all con and I never get to talk to him.  :'(

I thought Joss was supposed to be MIA?!?!?!

Do you work one of the booths?

Offline Javier

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2017, 05:32:22 AM »
I was staying at the Manchester and saw Adam Scott and Craig Robinson in the lobby.
One at the Refields in Manchester I saw Adrianne Palacki and Scott Grimes.
Also in Manchester Zac Levi at his auction.
Leaving the Omni Future and Tech Pavilion Ben Affleck and the actor playing Cyborg where walking in.