Author Topic: WonderCon Tips  (Read 54764 times)

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 191
Re: WonderCon Tips
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2014, 07:52:21 PM »
Anyone know how the autograph tickets work?
For example on Friday at noon there is an autograph signing for both Revolution and Salem.
It says at the Wondercon booth and it's limited and winners randomly selected.

Also how early do people start lining up on Friday to be towards the front of the line.

Thanks

Yzrfan

« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2014, 08:22:47 PM »
Usually when the doors open, you have to go to the booth associated with the signing (WB, DC...) and get either a wristband or ticket for a lottery.   

Stay golden Ponyboy.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #62 on: Today at 10:43:12 AM »

Offline darkron9

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 106
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2014, 02:09:47 PM »
Really enjoyed my stay at the Anaheim Marriott.  Checkout on Sunday is 3:00PM.  Marriott Parking is good until Monday morning.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Offline geargirl

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2016, 07:03:49 AM »
So if you could only go to one, would Wondercon be a good one to try instead of San Diego? It is so hard to get badges and hotels for San Diego.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2016, 07:33:17 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So if you could only go to one, would Wondercon be a good one to try instead of San Diego? It is so hard to get badges and hotels for San Diego.

I think most people here agree that if you can only go to one, SDCC is *the* one. That being said, if you can't get badges to SDCC, then WonderCon is certainly a fun alternative. But it is nowhere near as big, as fun or as crazy as SDCC.

Offline sinester_1

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2017, 10:43:58 PM »
gear girl they are both great cons but SDCC is the ideal. It leaves the standard,(which isn't bad), miles and miles away. There is a reason why SDCC sells out every year. there is a seriously different vibe in San Diego. It is part of the city where as other conventions are in the convention center for a few days. SDCC is part of the culture in San Diego to compare it to other cons is unfair to the other cons. I haven't been to NYCC but that is suppose to be the next best con to go to. Wondercon (which I also attend every year) is a fun con but proportionately smaller. Will you have fun? Yes. All cons that survive have to have good points in order for them to survive. I'm sorry it's not a fair choice.

Offline acmtres5

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2017, 12:12:23 PM »
I have a question, does anyone know how the big movie panel & cast signing for the arena works? Like say last year at WonderCon 2016, they had Stephen Amell & Megan Fox for a signing for TNMT: Out of the shadows, but no where on there schedule did it say that they were there nor was there a raffle for the signing, just a listing of the panel with the producers. So in those cases, how does one get into the signing? Thank you, truly appreciate it. Same for like the SDCC panels, those big ones for like the DCEU or MCU, they don't list it on their signing schedule.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2018, 04:45:23 PM »
Alot of mixed comments, and guessing alot of tips. SDCC and WonderCon are owned or run by the same company or people as far as i know. i not sure how WonderCon is run, but can say from what i know is SDCC is widespread inside and out. the news of SDCC starts online do to con goers being aware and postings like this forum and any others. the hype train here is pretty quiet but is slowly going online since alot has been done sooner then or compared to last year. i know cons happen all year since i read about or told about by diffrent sites or groups. they start to post banners or signs around San Diego about -im guessing since i dont ask or check really- maybe a month or 2 before the con goes into play with offsite setups start weeks before con even happens. and places close by get their shops setup if any around the same time and get discounts on eats or whatever as the con is going on at time. so the city gets ready and banks alot for the 1 week event over time as every possible needs is met and checkd before the doors open i guess the nite before everyone possible goes and see what is going on who got a badge.

Offline vickyhope

• Freebie Table
  • Journalist, Editor in Chief and Tea Enthusiast. <3
    • Amelie Magazine
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2019, 10:32:24 AM »
Hey guys, it will be my first time at Wondercon! Are there foodtruck options there? Are they expensive? Are there cheaper options outside? I'm asking because I come from overseas!

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2019, 10:55:07 AM »
Hey guys, it will be my first time at Wondercon! Are there foodtruck options there? Are they expensive? Are there cheaper options outside? I'm asking because I come from overseas!
Yes, there will be several food trucks, but imo, they are expensive and I never eat at them. There is an excellent and low-priced taco shop on the NE corner of Harbor & Katella that I really like a lot. The strip mall it's in houses several affordable restaurants.

Marriott has a really nice dinner buffet that is around $25 and I think worth it as it's very nice food, not a typical buffet

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline vickyhope

• Freebie Table
  • Journalist, Editor in Chief and Tea Enthusiast. <3
    • Amelie Magazine
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2019, 11:02:53 AM »
Yes, there will be several food trucks, but imo, they are expensive and I never eat at them. There is an excellent and low-priced taco shop on the NE corner of Harbor & Katella that I really like a lot. The strip mall it's in houses several affordable restaurants.

Marriott has a really nice dinner buffet that is around $25 and I think worth it as it's very nice food, not a typical buffet

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thank you very much <3 Fortunatelly, my best friend lives there, so I'll stay at her home the whole week and I'll try to have lunch there as well, so this way I can save a lil more money for the con itself *-* I'll definitely try the Tacos!

Offline pyxidis

• Exhibit Hall
  • If anyone asks, say it fell from the sky.
  • Liked: 25
Re: WonderCon Tips - Parking
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2019, 09:40:35 AM »
Not sure if this is asked elsewhere...

Any tips on parking?

If I'm driving in, what are my chances of parking at the convention itself (the parking lot that is part of the convention center)?

What's a optimal time to arrive?

Thank you :)
"We know a little about a lot of things, just enough to make us dangerous."
SDCC 07-13, 15, 16, 18-21, 22 | SDCC SE 21 | WC 12-23 | LC&E 12