Author Topic: Hall H advice and tips  (Read 18657 times)

Offline Angel_

• Pre-Registration
  • Victor Nikiforov Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 500
Re: Hall H advice and tips
« Reply #240 on: November 10, 2017, 06:09:18 pm »
This post hasn't been commented on in two and a half years. YIKES.

Well I'm about to resurrect it from the dead with a question.

I've been doing Hall H since 2011 and I feel like the time we are actually let into the room has always been sort of vague.  In 2016 when I did Hall H Saturday they said 8:00am.  That came and went.  Then 8:30 am and that came and went. I don't think we moved until some time around 9? It's been a while so it's hazy.  I used to do Sunday before and I remember that also being sort of up in the air and nobody really knowing when they'd let us in.

So my question is, is it always this vague?  Or is there an actual time that it is SUPPOSED to happen and things just... don't?

The reason I'm asking this question at such a weird time of year is because I'm writing little tips for friends who want to attend (and possibly an article) and this is the one piece of the big Hall H puzzle that I can't remember the details about.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tsnyder

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 50
« Reply #241 on: November 11, 2017, 12:46:17 am »
I'm pretty sure they start filling hall h an hour before the first panel.  The last 2 years on sat that hasn't been till well after 9 because they haven't had a panel until WB. Friday is a lot earlier like at 8 because they usually have a 9 panel.  Not sure about thur & sun as I've never lined up those days, just walked in later in the day.  I seem to remember sats used to have something before wb but my years get hazy.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Offline FBS

• Hall H
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 358
« Reply #242 on: November 11, 2017, 05:28:58 am »
Sunday was an hour before the first panel.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline cabler30

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 17
« Reply #243 on: November 11, 2017, 09:22:56 am »
I guess lines form the day before for any panel, but there are panels for big time shows and small time ones. then there are panels for misc stuff that u dont have to wait to get in i guess, i not sure since i not gone to any since been able to get back in and try to check out stuff downstairs and around outside if not try get swag inside or any singings at time lol. i can see with this past con my first year back after so many not gone to, i adjust and dont try to do so much and still try get free swag and whatever else free i read about before con and while i was there at time. but panels not sure what to suggest unless a way to get in any big ones and not have to wait in line all day lol.

Offline perc2100

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 393
« Reply #244 on: November 11, 2017, 11:09:17 am »
I'm pretty sure they start filling hall h an hour before the first panel.  The last 2 years on sat that hasn't been till well after 9 because they haven't had a panel until WB. Friday is a lot earlier like at 8 because they usually have a 9 panel.  Not sure about thur & sun as I've never lined up those days, just walked in later in the day.  I seem to remember sats used to have something before wb but my years get hazy.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
IIRC It's typically almost always an hour or so before the first panel, though I think on Saturdays maybe they should for 75/90 min. before if the first panel starts late.