Author Topic: Introductions/Welcome Thread  (Read 90065 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1614
Re: Introductions/Welcome Thread
« Reply #1185 on: April 20, 2018, 12:18:28 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yeah, someone else actually started calling me it and it reminded me of E.T. too, so no worries. I like it either way.

Sorry, I mentioned Vikings because last year they had a funeral procession or something that forced the latter half of the Hall H line to be relocated along the harbor towards the Sea Port village--it was a whole thing that added to the confusion of the Hall H line. I don't actually watch Vikings:-[

In general, I just like a good story and fun characters. If something has that, I'll probably be into it.

[...]

Ahhh, gotcha.  No worries about Vikings, ha ha.  ;p

Some points here and there I want to hit on, since you mentioned them (ha ha), You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login:

I love The Lord of the Rings!  I'm a big fan of the novels as well as the movies.  I still think they were better than The Hobbit films, despite the more advanced CGI the latter ones have, ha ha.  I love movie and video game scores, and The Lord of the Rings is still one of my favorites to this day.  There's something about the theme for the Fellowship of the Ring and "Concerning Hobbits" that's so moving.

I'm a pretty avid gamer, much to my dismay at times.  One might even say I'm addicted to them, ha ha.  (See, I would respond with "No, not addicted! I'm just dedicated!"  Ha ha.)  Kingdom Hearts, The Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Persona, Castlevania, and the Batman: Arkham series are among some of my favorite series.  I too am a little burnt out by the level-grinding in some turn-based RPGs, but I'm currently playing Kingdom Hearts Union Cross on my phone.  Because its game play system is very similar to Chain of Memories, I'm not particularly fond of it, and there are too many raid boss events these days.  It's rather tedious now >__<.  I personally prefer a more action-based RPG like the original Kingdom Hearts PlayStation console games themselves or even Batman: Arkham games and Prince of Persia, but I'm curious to see how this Kingdom Hearts prequel story line goes.  I also enjoy interacting with my party/guild members.  ^__^ Ha ha.

Oh, Fullmetal Alchemist is a good one!  I recommend that to my ESL/EFL students when they want to try reading more in English for fun.  I especially liked the Brotherhood anime, which was basically word-for-word from the manga.  Ha ha.  I'm actually super behind on my anime right now though.  I've heard many good things about One Punch Man.  A lot of my friends really liked that series and said it was hilarious. 

These days, I've mostly been watching American movies or sticking to a few current TV series because of lack of free time.  I like watching movies nowadays because it's done in two or so hours.  They're not like a TV or anime series, which requires a larger time commitment, ha ha.  However, there are a ton of anime series and TV shows on my "to-watch" list.  Also, you can't go wrong with Studio Ghibli and Pixar either.  Visit the Studio Ghibli museum in Japan if you ever do some traveling in Japan.  It's so cool!

As for reading books for leisure... I haven't done that since high school.  The last book I read was a textbook on forensic pathology for my grad school classes.  *laughs*

That's all for now.  ^__^/

Hello :)

My name is Cynthia. I've been attending SDCC since 2007,  WC since its move to Anaheim. I attended Latino Comics & Expo in Long Beach once too. I live in California, north of LA in the valley. I actually joined this forum back 2013 and then forgot my login information. Lol.

I have a lot of Fandoms across books and comics, film, and television: Harry Potter, LOTR, The Walking Dead, The Sandman, The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, B5, SG1, Star Trek and Star Wars, X-Files, and so much more. These are just off the top of my head. I LOVE science fiction and fantasy. I'm a science nerd, too.

I appreciate this forum. So many of you ready to help with questions and advice.

Welcome back to the forums, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login!  It's great to have you join us again.

I love sci-fi and fantasy too!  Yay for another fellow science nerd.  *high fives*

(I'm two seasons behind on The Walking Dead... :X Ha ha.  Shhhh, don't tell anyone.  XD)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 04:39:07 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline puppy

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #1186 on: May 22, 2018, 10:32:59 PM »
Hi, all.  Didn't know about this thread.  I'm relatively new here.  Been going to SDCC since 2012, if I remember correctly.  This year, I've finally settled on a housing strategy I will be using for the rest of my years going to SDCC, unless OnPeak changes things up. 

Last year, my daughter and I got really good seats at a panel she wanted to see.  Our strategy worked, so we hashed out our plan for this year. 

For whatever reason, I'm super excited about this year, even though I'm guessing the my beloved Star Wars won't be in Hall H.  :(  I did get my chance to be in there when they were there last.  That was super awesome.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #1187 on: May 22, 2018, 10:46:49 PM »
Hi, all.  Didn't know about this thread.  I'm relatively new here.  Been going to SDCC since 2012, if I remember correctly.  This year, I've finally settled on a housing strategy I will be using for the rest of my years going to SDCC, unless OnPeak changes things up. 

Last year, my daughter and I got really good seats at a panel she wanted to see.  Our strategy worked, so we hashed out our plan for this year. 

For whatever reason, I'm super excited about this year, even though I'm guessing the my beloved Star Wars won't be in Hall H.  :(  I did get my chance to be in there when they were there last.  That was super awesome.

Welcome to the forums, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login!  (Officially, ha ha!)  Glad that you could join us in our community.

What panel was it that your daughter was excited to see last year?

For me, as it gets closer and closer to Comic-Con, I'll be more excited.  Right now, I've been mostly focusing on researching for and writing my thesis paper, so.... I'm not really feeling the excitement yet.  XD  Ideally, when it's around Comic-Con-time in July, I hope to be relatively done with my research project and thesis, so that'll help too, ha ha!

Other than Star Wars, what are some other things you're a fan of?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline ceddyced

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 39
« Reply #1188 on: May 23, 2018, 10:37:56 AM »
Hello :)

My name is Cynthia. I've been attending SDCC since 2007,  WC since its move to Anaheim. I attended Latino Comics & Expo in Long Beach once too. I live in California, north of LA in the valley. I actually joined this forum back 2013 and then forgot my login information. Lol.

I have a lot of Fandoms across books and comics, film, and television: Harry Potter, LOTR, The Walking Dead, The Sandman, The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, B5, SG1, Star Trek and Star Wars, X-Files, and so much more. These are just off the top of my head. I LOVE science fiction and fantasy. I'm a science nerd, too.

I appreciate this forum. So many of you ready to help with questions and advice.

Welcome fellow Valleyite. We are all one big happy family here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Distruct sequence 1 code 1 1 A.
SDCC 2000-2017

Offline puppy

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #1189 on: May 23, 2018, 04:13:23 PM »
Welcome to the forums, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login!  Other than Star Wars, what are some other things you're a fan of?

Star Wars!  LOL. 

I can't remember what we went to see last year, because really, it was just for her.  I have no idea who the guy was, but it was fun all the same.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #1190 on: Yesterday at 05:07:44 PM »
Star Wars!  LOL. 

I can't remember what we went to see last year, because really, it was just for her.  I have no idea who the guy was, but it was fun all the same.

Bwuhahahahahaha!  XD  Nothing wrong with that, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.  I think if SWC 2019 were in Anaheim, I'd probably go... ^__^;

Gotcha, ha ha.  I hope this year you can see some things you'd like to check out this time around.