Author Topic: NYCC Pre-Show Lotteries....  (Read 22557 times)

Offline karatekid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 149
Re: NYCC Pre-Show Lotteries....
« Reply #180 on: October 03, 2017, 01:37:39 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I actually just got an e-mail and I won a shot at the Lego exclusive so whatever they did worked.
Anyone else "win" in this second round?
"Wax On, Wax Off"

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #181 on: October 03, 2017, 01:49:36 PM »
Not me. Again. :(

Does anyone know if they're going to do a second lottery for people who didn't confirm panel spots, or do you think they'll just allocate them to the Queue Hall line?
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #182 on: Today at 09:12:43 AM »

Online NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #182 on: October 03, 2017, 02:07:38 PM »
I just read online from someone they took their 2nd spot away and then they won again. 

They are failing!
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline blainewad

• Sails Pavilion
  • lurker without the creepiness.
    • my Twitter
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #183 on: October 03, 2017, 04:19:21 PM »
I just read online from someone they took their 2nd spot away and then they won again. 

They are failing!

on the funko board! hey, fellow funatic. yeah, i didnt get picked again either, but i kinda gave up hope on that one and am still holding out for the Mashima luck fairies instead. i'll take that sig over pops this year. that superman pop, tho! want it!! good luck with the second chance lottery, all!

- P
hi. i'm priscilla.
"and when i'm lying in my bed
i think about life and i think about death
and neither one particularly appeals to me."
- the smiths

Offline everlastingwhy

• Exhibit Hall
  • TV nerd + GIFmaker
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #184 on: October 03, 2017, 06:02:05 PM »

They are failing!

woaaaa wtfffffffff

Online NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #185 on: October 05, 2017, 04:53:56 AM »
Hi Guys I wrote a blog on my view of the Pre-lottery You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

@Skeetersez on twitter had a few discussion points I wanted to hit.

1.  They say that very few neighborhoods are unsafe in NYC.   I think this is up for interpretation of safe.  I have been told by several people living in the city that they would not do it and these are braver people than me!  Last year we had a forum member get up early to line up for Madison Square Guardian.  It was not a pleasant experience and she was very scared by an individual that would not leave her alone.  Luckily other people were in line.  They had to wait until MSG opened to get security involved.  At this time I am not comfortable stating anywhere  is safe to sleep out and would say do so at your own risk.

2. They said the results were late due to the Jewish Holiday.   It is my understanding based on the email we received from NYCC that results were due to a large amount of data and had problems processing it.  The Jewish Holiday was a concern for some people though because they wanted to ensure they had enough time after receiving the results to assign things since they would not be online.

3. No wristbands for panels, it's a lottery, badge taps or FCFS.   I apologize  a few years back they use to give wristbands for the panel but as of now they do tap your badge.   I should more clear on tht and mixed up my processes from year to year.

Whats your guys thoughts? 

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #186 on: October 05, 2017, 05:04:23 AM »
I did MSG last year both days and got there really early each day. There's no reason to camp out. The people sitting in the very front got there between 4 and 5 am.  I didn't witness any issues on my side, although one guy wanted us to be impressed that he'd gotten his picture taken with Chucky. A strange way to break the ice. But honestly, if you get there around when the ReedPop folks do, between 8 and 8:30, you'll probably still have a good seat.

Online NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #187 on: October 10, 2017, 07:29:56 AM »
I think there is also a big difference between being a female and male in lines at those hours.   

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #188 on: October 10, 2017, 07:43:39 AM »
I only did the early morning thing on Friday this year, but the only two issues I saw were really confusion as to where the line was supposed to be before 8:30, and where ReedPop has us line up initially we had to leave a gap because there was puke, but the facilities people cleaned that up.  Otherwise, nobody really bothered us at the front of the line.  I got there between 5-5:15 and there were about 10 people ahead of me.

I will say this though -- at that hour of the morning, I did not want to walk there.  And there are a lot of homeless people around there, so it helps to know exactly where you're going.  And to see some other people in line there already.