Author Topic: Have Fun at SDCC 2017 Thread!  (Read 4737 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Have Fun at SDCC 2017 Thread!
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2017, 07:15:20 AM »
Heading down to San Diego this morning! Whoo hoo!

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2017, 07:20:22 AM »
Heading to SFO in a few hours :) I may have even slept a little last night.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 05:08:26 AM »

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2017, 07:30:26 AM »
I'm so excited/nervous, that my normally blissful morning cuppa is making me nauseous! Heading to the Convention Center in 30 minutes for my pre-con volunteer shift, then going to buy my trolley pass, meeting [member=3906]dcuodust[/member] for tacos and THEN heading to the Bayfront meetup. What a day!
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2017, 09:24:13 PM »
I have officially done nothing to prep for SDCC.  I'm totally screwed.  :)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2017, 10:02:08 PM »

You're in good company :) I am so completely underprepared.

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2017, 11:56:54 PM »

YEP, basically except mostly lists. I can't legally drive at the moment, they're still trying to rule out seizures from post-surgery. So I'm a bit limited/dependent on other people to get anywhere to take care of things. Luckily, tonight I was able to, finally, knock out my list from the pharmacy and grocery. I'll be going again tomorrow, with my friends who arrive in town tomorrow afternoon, just to make sure I have everything and to buy snacks.

In the morning, thanks to a crazy basically pharmacy at my parents house, I'm going to knock out the yearly first-aid kit. Then I'll be baking snacks, snickerdoodles, and the cupcakes <3. I can't wait for apple-cinnamon cupcakes, caramel buttercream frosting, and caramel apple chips for the top. Though, after I finish baking I almost never want to eat the product for at least a day.

I need to start pulling out all my camping stuff (I already washed and aired out my sleeping bag,) but I've still not packed. I guess I'll figure that out and start packing a bit while the oven is running tomorrow...

[member=4270]mark[/member]

Though I do always feel completely underprepared and then it turns out that I might be overprepared... I do this every year.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 12:04:56 AM by Iris_aya »
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2017, 06:22:57 AM »
I'm pretty much just going to wing it this year and try to minimize the number of double copies.  :)

Offline vocalise

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2017, 06:48:20 AM »

I've only gotten as far as having loose Thursday plans. A few set Saturday plans due to set times of shows, etc. But ... I have barely touched Friday or Sunday. Haven't even looked at what panels are going on yet -_-. Haha I'm definitely not going to wing it though. Going to sneak some planning at work today. Last year I winged it and ended up doing not much of anything lol (but note that I also didn't feel like really waiting in line for anything which in SDCC is well, impossible to do anything and not wait in line...). Introvert by nature, doing SDCC by oneself was an epic failure. I tend to become even more shy and more "ahhh can't deal with people" when I'm alone. So, trying not to be an old fogey this year and forcing myself to be more extroverted hahaha!!

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2017, 08:13:58 AM »
I was making up my panel schedule whenever I went for a walk at work yesterday. Luckily, we have long walkways conducive to looking at your phone. My slogan is "If it wasn't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!"

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Ang

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2017, 09:56:56 AM »
COMIC-CON 2017 TOUCAN TIP OF THE DAY! #30: Welcome to Comic-Con 2017!

Just one final tip as we begin Comic-Con International 2017 with Preview Night …

Comic-Con is an amazing “big tent” show, bringing many elements of pop culture under one roof in a veritable city built just for its attendees for a brief, shining moment of just a little over 4 days. And then you have to wait for another year until it returns.

Whether you come for the comics (programs, publishers, dealers), or movies, TV, and animation or to go to the programs or cosplay or people-watch or see the Masquerade or the Eisner Awards or view Anime or play Games or go to the offsite events or just to hang out with like-minded fans and bask in the glow of the stuff you love most … your Comic-Con experience is what you make of it. YOUR show is different from any other person’s show, even the friends and family that came with you.

And that’s what makes the event so great: A personalized experience in the midst of 129,999 other fans. We close with this bit of common sense advice: Don’t sweat the small stuff. Make new friends in line. Pace yourself. Be kind, courteous, and respectful to your fellow fans. We’re all here for the same reason: we love this stuff! Enjoy this amazing array of awesomeness while you can and make some memories of your own.

Have a safe, fun, great Comic-Con 2017 … and remember, we couldn’t do this without you!

« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 11:21:47 AM by AzT »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2017, 07:11:09 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaand.... Go!

I really hope everyone at preview night is having a great time!!!!

Please post your stories, pics, swag hauls, etc!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2017, 09:43:40 AM »
Yes I'm cross posting

But help me have a good time today in my first attempt at cosplay

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2017, 10:52:47 AM »
Yes I'm cross posting

But help me have a good time today in my first attempt at cosplay

Violation of Form Policy!  ::Bee doh, bee doh, bee doh!::

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2017, 01:06:07 PM »
Rebellions are built by Alyssa!!!   (Isn't that how the line goes?)

Was just noticing the other day how few Jyn Ersos there were.  I saw only one.  Yours turned out great!  I especially like that you got your phone to look like the data disk - don't lose it!   ;)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2017, 03:16:57 PM »
My biggest purchase this year was the ridiculously awesome 1/6 scale Siegmeyer from gecco.jp. My son never buys anything at SDCC, or even lets me buy him anything, but when I showed him this in the preorders page he lit up, he's been playing a lot of Dark Souls and it's his favorite character but he wished it would have been more affordable.  Without him knowing we preordered it as a reward for a great finish to a tough school year, and on preview night I suggested we go by the booth, (making a big show of trying to figure out what booth it was,) so he could take pictures. While he was doing that I slipped the voucher to the guy at the booth and then handed my son the box. Even better, and this is very cool of gecco.jp, the figure didn't quite come out the way they wanted and there are a few flaws so they are going to make a new batch and send us another one for free in a few months.