Author Topic: CCI 2015 Room Sharing Thread  (Read 26377 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
CCI 2015 Room Sharing Thread
« on: August 16, 2014, 05:22:19 PM »
Kindly follow this format.

Please don't post anywhere else on this site looking for a roommate for San Diego Comic-Con.  ONLY POST HERE! 

Please post only once in this thread (to be considerate of your fellow forum members and to avoid spamming the thread).  Duplicate posts will be deleted without notice.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS THREAD FOR DISCUSSION.  In an effort to keep things organized and easy to read through, this is for room sharing requests only.  Conversations in this thread may be deleted without warning.

Please edit/modify your post if the spaces in your room have been taken.
This is so that people can see which rooms are available and which aren't. 

You can also use the strikethrough feature to indicate that your request is closed: [ s]text goes here[/ s]     
Remove the spaces, so it will look like this ==> text goes here

IDENTIFY THE TYPE OF REQUEST (Select one): LOOKING FOR A ROOM   or   LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES
Name: (This is optional; you can use your forum username instead)
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: (What is your preferred hotel or area to stay in?)
Days: (Include which days.)
Price Per Night: (Include calculated hotel tax and the like.  If you're looking for a room, just write "N/A" here.)
Smoking/Drinking: (Yes or No)
Spaces: (If you're looking for a room, how many people do you want to be in your room?  If you're looking for roommates, how many spaces are available in your room?  Don't forget to include yourself.)

Preferences and Description:
Age Preference of Roommates:
Gender Preference of Roommates: (Type in "all-male," "all-female," or "co-ed.")
Include a brief description about yourself: (Ex: I am a cosplayer, so I have props and other cosplay items that will take up a portion of the room.)
Additional preferences for roommates: (Ex: I prefer someone who is organized and clean.)

NOTE: Do not add your phone number to your post.  To protect our forum members from potential phone scams, phone numbers will be removed without notice.

DISCLAIMER:
The forum administrators and moderators do not vet individuals or agencies that post here!  This thread was created with the intention to provide a designated venue that allows interested individuals to initiate contact with each other for the possibility of sharing a hotel room at San Diego Comic-Con.

Please use your best personal judgement and common sense, and as always, please proceed with caution when arranging any agreements (especially with strangers).  Discuss payment details and rooming expectations thoroughly.

Just a quick word about condo shares:
If you book the condo for a good price, you will find people to share the cost. 
Make sure you understand the *total cost.*  This includes taxes and cleaning fees.

HOW TO CONTACT SOMEONE FOR ROOMS OR ROOMMATES
Go to the person's post in this thread.
Under the profile photo (or avatar), click on the icon that looks like this:
Fill out the "Subject" box with "Comic-Con Room Sharing."
Type in your message to the other person.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 01:49:21 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline alishabmarie

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Re: SDCC 2015 Room Sharing Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 10:00:26 AM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM

Name: Alisha
Hotel Area: Downtown
Days: July 8th-12th
Price Per Night: N/A
Smoking/Drinking: No
Spaces: flexible
Age Preference: N/A
Gender Preference: All-female
Brief Description: I am a 27-year-old woman who will be cosplaying but with no large props. This will be my 2nd year at Comic-Con. I just need a place to sleep and shower as I will be at the convention all day, Thursday through Sunday (last year I stayed a full 12 hours every day except Sunday). I'm looking for fun, easy to get along with con attendees to share a room while in San Diego.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 04:50:26 PM by Zero »

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: CCI 2015 Room Sharing Thread
« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:56:06 AM »

Offline ninahkiin

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 01:46:34 AM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM

Name: ninahkiin
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: anywhere close by
Days: 8-13
Smoking/Drinking: no preference
Spaces: no preference

Age Preference of Roommates: none
Gender Preference of Roommates: none
Include a brief description about yourself: I am a 22 year old female and this is my first attendance to SDCC.  I am planning on volunteering for the duration of the convention.  I am also a cosplayer, but I will not have large props.  I just need space to do makeup, sleep, and shower.
Additional preferences for roommates: none really, if we are able to get a room situated, I just need successful acts of communication on room status.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 04:50:36 PM by Zero »

Offline rocket2knowhere

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 12:57:24 PM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES

Name: Amanda
Hotel Name/Area: Comfort Inn Gaslamp/Convention Center
Days: Wed 7/8 - Mon 7/13
Price Per Night: ~$433.00 (this is total, it will be less per person depending on how many people)
Smoking/Drinking: No
Spaces: 5
Age Preference: N/A
Gender Preference: All female
Brief Description: I'm volunteering for the entire weekend, and will be using the room just to sleep and shower, etc.
This was the cheapest room I could find within a half-mile radius of the Convention Center.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 04:50:59 PM by Zero »

Offline ironmima

• Exhibit Hall
  • I am gold-titanium alloy.
  • Liked: 43
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 03:23:03 AM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM

Name: Mima
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Downtown/close to Convention Center
Days: July 8-13
Smoking/Drinking: No smoking please
Spaces: N/A
Age Preference: None
Gender Preference: All female

Brief Description: I'll be 24 by Con time, and I'll be flying all the way from the Philippines (volunteering for the first time). Just really need a place to sleep and shower. Won't be cosplaying so I won't have any big items or luggage.

EDIT: Already in a group!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 07:27:32 AM by ironmima »

Offline Six2midnight

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 10:48:44 AM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM

Name: Jessica
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Downtown
Days: 7/7-7/13
Price Per Night: [/b] N/A
Smoking/Drinking: I do not smoke, but do not mind a smoker. I am a drinker (not the drunken type) and plan on going out at least one night
Spaces: 2-3

Age Preference of Roommates: None
Gender Preference of Roommates:[/b] Female
Include a brief description about yourself: I'm a 26 y/o female. This will be my first time attending, travelling solo. I will not cosplaying. I will be attending Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Additional preferences for roommates: Just be honest, and respectful of others property.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 07:12:39 AM by Six2midnight »

Offline mlgagne

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • By what right does the wolf judge the lion?
    • FoCC Blog Articles - mlgagne
  • Liked: 882
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 11:18:18 AM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM

Name: Melanie
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Downtown (as close as possible to the convention center)
Days: 7/8-7/13
Smoking/Drinking: Please no smoking in the room (outside of there is not an issue). Drinking okay as long as it doesn't get too loud  :)
Spaces: 4-5 all together. We currently have 3 and are looking for 1-2 more.

Age Preference of Roommates: any
Gender Preference of Roommates: All female
Include a brief description about yourself: This is my first year going to SDCC, and it will be my first time in California (and traveling completely by myself). I will be 24 by the time the con rolls around. I am doing one cosplay, with no large props - it does not need much room! I am attending the con on Thursday, Friday, and Sunday, and I plan on being there as much as possible on those days, including attempts at Hall H and/or autographing. For those days, I will probably just be using the hotel room to shower, sleep, etc. I will probably go to some offsite areas on Saturday, too.
Additional preferences for roommates: Anyone who is clean, not too loud, respectful, and easy to get along with! I am planning on participating in the hotel lottery, so someone who is willing to participate in that would be preferable so we have options.

Edit: Group full for now. Waiting on hotel lottery for final confirmation.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 06:46:46 AM by mlgagne »
SDCC: 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019
WonderCon: 2017 | 2018 | 2019
NYCC: 2012 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016
Walker Stalker Con: 2015 (San Diego) | 2017 (Atlanta)

Offline ohmyj07

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 09:35:25 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM

Name: Jocelle
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Near the Convention Center
Days: 7/8-7/12 (or 7/13)
Smoking/Drinking: I don't mind drinking or smoking, but I don't smoke and can't drink since I'm underage
Spaces: 3-4

Age Preference of Roommates:
Gender Preference of Roommates: All-female
Include a brief description about yourself: This is my first time traveling alone and this is also my first Comic Con so I will be a newbie with things. I will be 20 when Comic Con starts. I will not be cosplaying and I'll probably be out most of the time trying to go to panels and figuring things out. I do hope you guys will be able to help or guide me as well.
Additional preferences for roommates: Someone who is respectful and not too all over the place.

Edit: Already in a group
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 04:32:40 PM by jocelle011 »

Offline Sarahharas

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 07:20:46 AM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM

Name: Sarah
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Downtown / I'd prefer walking distance but I don't mind taking the shuttle for a short ride
Days: Arriving on the 8th and leaving on the 13th
Smoking/Drinking: I don't smoke and would prefer you didn't in the room. Drinking is fine but maybe don't get annoyingly drunk? I won't know you if you do.
Spaces: I'd prefer not to have to share a bed

Age Preference of Roommates: Don't really mind
Gender Preference of Roommates: All female
Include a brief description about yourself: I have badges for thursday, friday and sunday but I don't want to spend all day at the convention center. I want to go to nerdhq and offsite events but I also want to do touristy things in San Diego. So if there's someone who wants to do touristy things with me that would be cool. Also, extra points if you're a Castle fan and really hoping there will be a Castle panel (It has to be our year sometime, right?)
Additional preferences for roommates: Nice people who are easy to get along with. (I really don't want to have to walk around SD by myself.)
I plan on doing the hotel lottery so maybe we can all do it and have more chance? Also, I don't really mind where you're from but if you're from Europe (especially Belgium/Netherlands/UK/France and haven't booked your flights yet maybe we can fly together?)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 04:54:35 PM by Zero »

Offline cuellar

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 03:11:08 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM

Name: Cuellar
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Anything Close by
Days: 8th -12th, maybe the 13th if roomate needs
Smoking/Drinking: Doesnt matter
Spaces: 3-4, 4 if the other 2 do not mind sharing a bed. My wife and I will be 2 of the 3/4.

Age Preference of Roommates: 21+
Gender Preference of Roommates: Coed
Include a brief description about yourself: New to cosplay, not hardcore. 1st time to San Diego Comic con. May have outfit but no props. Will be spending most of our time getting lost in comic con, will be using the hotel mostly for showering, changing clothes and catching a nap if possible. Will be attempting Hall H and maybe 1 night hitting up a night scene. Will be driving from Texas, so will have a car available to drive to places to eat and drink if not too tired :p
Additional preferences for roommates: Will be getting autographs and some gifts for family and friends, so someone trustworthy and clean would be preferred.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 04:55:46 PM by Zero »

Offline admiral-lira

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 46
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 04:20:12 PM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES

Name: admiral-lira
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Town and Country Resort (On the shuttle route and with trolley stop across the street)
Days: wed 7/8 to mon 7/13
Price Per Night:  $100/night
Smoking/Drinking: My friend smokes but she will do it outside. We probably go out to eat and drink a couple of times but very lightly.
Spaces: There are 2 of us (male and female), one space available.

Age Preference of Roommates: 25 and up
Gender Preference of Roommates:  co-ed
Include a brief description about yourself: We are both first time SDCC attendees in our late 30's and want also to explore San Diego a little.
Additional preferences for roommates: We will use the room to sleep every night, showering and dressing. Not planning on camping for the lines so we are looking for quiet roomates. Maybe nap a little on the afternoons and get up not so earlier. My friend is very organized so neat roomates will be great.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 05:43:44 AM by admiral-lira »

Offline chris1989hernandez

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 12:42:01 PM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES

Name: Chris
Hotel: na
Days: July 8-12
Prices: na
Smokedrink: I don't do either, but don't care if others do.
Space: Just enough for me and the bit of luggage.

Age preference: doesn't matter to me
Gender preference: doesn't matter either

I'm a 25 year old guy and this is my first ever time going and doubt I'll be in the room too often except for cleaning up and sleeping occasionally.

Edit:
I've booked a room at the Best Western seven seas if anyone wants to share. It's just a one bedroom, but can change it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 04:56:24 PM by Zero »

Offline Ness2813

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 10:02:01 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM

Name: Vanessa
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: downtown/close to the convention center
Days: 7th to 13th
Smoking/Drinking: Non-smoker, not the biggest drinker but wouldn't mind going out for a few during the con or at the end!
Spaces: 3 or 4 including myself

Gender Preference of Roommates: not too bothered
Include a brief description about yourself: This will be my 2nd time at comic con, I will be volunteering again so will hardly be in the room! I mainly plan on getting into Ballroom 20 most days and want to try Hall H one of the days, so it would be great to room with people that also want to do this so we could tag team in regards to lining up all night!  :) No cos-playing, will just be wearing a lot of cheesy t shirts to do with my tv shows!
Also, I'm fromNZ and was hoping to do a bit of travelling around America after the con (like towards florida and nashville), is anyone else thinking of doing a bit of a roadtrip!?  8)

Edit: Already in a group. But still looking for someone to travel with after!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 04:58:09 PM by Zero »

Offline eserei27

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 04:11:29 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM

Name: Sara
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Downtown, hoping for Hilton Bayfront or Marriott Marquis
Days: July 7 through July 13
Smoking/Drinking: I'm a non-smoker, but have no problem with smokers. I drink occassionally, but not much.
Spaces: 2-3
Gender Preference of Roommates: all female
I am 35 years old and this will be my 8th SDCC. I spend most of my con in Hall H, Ballroom 20, or NerdHQ. Love getting to know new people. I tend to be an early riser for SDCC, but am always quiet and respectful when any of my roomies are sleeping.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 04:57:55 PM by Zero »

Offline joinesge

• Sails Pavilion
  • I am success. Possible Victory.
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 03:04:55 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM

Name: Grayson
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: N/A
Days: July 8-12 (Badges for Thurs & Sun)
Smoking/Drinking: I am cool with either. I don't smoke but I do drink.
Spaces: Just myself and 2 bags (Backpack and Travel Suitcase)

Gender Preference of Roommates: No preference
Include a brief description about yourself: Looking for people to split the rooms and hang out if they want to. I understand personal property, personal space and proper housing etiquette. I wouldn't mind finding people willing to go out. Please note that if you just want to share a room and not interact, that isn't a problem. Also, if we get along, I'd be cool hanging in the lines with you... for a bit anyways.
Additional preferences for roommates: Be respectful and up for fun.

EDIT: As of 3/5/15 Still looking and hoping to find a group prior to Hotel Lottery.

EDIT: As of 06/15/15 Had to bail out. Unexpected circumstances ran rampant. I apologize for leaving this up and forgetting to edit.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 07:02:32 AM by joinesge »