Author Topic: Midnight, Texas  (Read 2893 times)

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
Midnight, Texas
« on: July 31, 2017, 09:49:32 AM »
Starting the conversation on this series.

Check out my article covering the press room at SDCC along with my review of the series thus far on the FoCC blog - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login .

« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 10:09:21 AM by DRWHO42 »
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
Re: Midnight, Texas
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 11:26:56 AM »
Enjoyed the pilot. I am looking forward to seeing where it goes. The article was a good read. Will have to watch the video when I'm at home.

I didn't realize Jason Lewis was in it. DH pointed it out "Isn't that Smith Jared?" Yes-he watched every episode of SatC with me (poor guy, although I didn't make him watch it). I love shows with angels in them (Dominion, Lucifer, etc.), so I don't know how objective I will be! :)
Ang

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:56:06 PM »

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 03:39:32 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Enjoyed the pilot. I am looking forward to seeing where it goes. The article was a good read. Will have to watch the video when I'm at home.

I didn't realize Jason Lewis was in it. DH pointed it out "Isn't that Smith Jared?" Yes-he watched every episode of SatC with me (poor guy, although I didn't make him watch it). I love shows with angels in them (Dominion, Lucifer, etc.), so I don't know how objective I will be! :)
Thanks for the feedback.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 01:13:27 PM »
I wasn't sold after the first pilot.   I started to lose interest after the first 5 minutes which is odd for me.   I'll give it 4 episodes though, the premise has potential.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline rushfanyyz

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 01:52:55 PM »
I finally watched the first episode last night and have the next on my dvr. The first episode interested me enough to keep going. It kinda reminded me of old school Supernatural.  I wasn't blown away but it did seem unique enough and as a plus a few actors that I like from other things.  Will keep watching for at least a bit.

Offline Quislings

• Room 6BCF
    • Nerdophiles
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 02:25:40 PM »
I watched the pilot at Wondercon and, assuming they didn't change anything between then and now, can we talk about the TWO Black Keys songs they played in the first episode and how True Blood also has some fairly prominent use of The Black Keys?

I think that was the biggest thing to take me out of it.
Managing Editor of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | SDCC (2013 - 2018) | NYCC (2014 - 2018) | Wondercon (2017) | AwesomeCon (2014)

Offline Keyframegirl

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 42
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 06:41:19 AM »
Wow, I had no idea they started airing this already. That's early in the Network schedule.

Are they trying to burn through it before the fall season?? Or are the Networks finally realizing we want programming year round (doubtful).

I'll have to catch up and add it to the DVR!

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 10:41:38 AM »
Wow, I had no idea they started airing this already. That's early in the Network schedule.

Are they trying to burn through it before the fall season?? Or are the Networks finally realizing we want programming year round (doubtful).

I'll have to catch up and add it to the DVR!

I actually feel like we get programming year round now days.  I guess it depends on what you watch but it seems I always have a show with new episodes now days.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Ansel001

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 10:24:37 PM »
 ;DI haven't watch this yet.It's talk about Texas's midnight.0
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 06:39:28 PM by Ansel001 »

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 04:46:42 AM »

I actually feel like we get programming year round now days.  I guess it depends on what you watch but it seems I always have a show with new episodes now days.
That is the new norm.

Offline BenEatsRice

• Gaming Lounge
  • Waiting In Line
  • Liked: 150
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 07:50:34 AM »
I wasn't sold after the first pilot.   I started to lose interest after the first 5 minutes which is odd for me.   I'll give it 4 episodes though, the premise has potential.

I've discovered that I should be giving all shows at least 3-4 episodes before giving up on them. I wasn't interested in Walking Dead or Game of Thrones when I first saw them. After two seasons of Walking Dead passed, I decided to give it another shot since soooo many people loved it. Once I started to see the character development, I was hooked.

I recently started watching Season One of GoT (I can hear a bunch of people sighing in disbelief) and was hooked on it after a couple extra episodes. At least I can binge watch them now instead of having to wait for the next episode to come out :).
What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 11:18:59 AM »
I've discovered that I should be giving all shows at least 3-4 episodes before giving up on them. I wasn't interested in Walking Dead or Game of Thrones when I first saw them. After two seasons of Walking Dead passed, I decided to give it another shot since soooo many people loved it. Once I started to see the character development, I was hooked.

I recently started watching Season One of GoT (I can hear a bunch of people sighing in disbelief) and was hooked on it after a couple extra episodes. At least I can binge watch them now instead of having to wait for the next episode to come out :).
Very good point.

Offline Keyframegirl

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 42
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 11:31:16 AM »

A lot of the time if the Network has put it in the Spring slot, Friday nights or hasn't spent any advertiser dollars on it, I'll wait until it's renewed for Season 2 to watch it. I don't want to fall in love with something to have it canceled after 1 season. It makes me mad I wasted my time.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 11:01:39 AM »
DH just declared this his favorite new show. I was a little surprised, since this is more my type of show (and he doesn't usually make sweeping statements like that). I am enjoying it too.
Ang

Offline darkron9

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 106
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2017, 07:12:40 AM »
I'm way behind on this series.

I watched the panel and didn't think about the show until after I'd caught up with most my other TV obsessions.  Only at episode 2 right now and I am hooked now.  Going to watch more tonight.