Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There seems to be one use case missing there. I have two tickets that I purchased in the same order so I think that I have only one confirmation number. How do I handle that? Does it know that I have 2 Sunday tickets on that number? Can my girlfriend enter with the same number?

from twitter

Q: If I'm requesting 2 tickets, but both badges are part of the same order, I only have to put the confirmation ID once, right?

A: Correct, they have the same ID. Thanks, and no worries :)

"You only need to provide one confirmation if you both have the same one. Also, your friend can enter, too!"

Q: ...or do I just put my own info and request 2 tickets (he would do the same). The wording makes it seem I need to submit his info on app.
A: You only put your info and then just the one confirmation ID since you both have the same one. If he enters, he'll put his info & that ID."

Both people can put in separate lotto entries for 2 tickets.   

Off-Topic Chat / Re: FoCC Fantasy Football league 2017
« Last post by corgikohmander on Today at 01:33:39 pm »
Alright, I went through the clue one more time and figured out who Alyssa played in the Badgers league, so I know 4 of the 6 matchups now.

The only ambiguities I have left:

Which "J" WR Mel and Karate Kid had?
Who did Mark and MickeyJack3 face off against (between Mel and Karate Kid)?
Which QB SassaFrass and Mel.I.AM had (both are from Cali).

I tried to go back through the thread to gleam any hints from comments or week 1's recap.  No luck.
Ugh. Nassau Colisseum is not exactly easy to get to.

Depends on where you are coming from.  For me, it's a 23 minute drive.

Is this a new convention?  I've not heard of it before.

I'm wondering if it's a full-fledged convention or an "autograph and photo op" money grab with a few panels tacked on to make it pretend like it's a real convention.

That being said, it's so close to me, I could buy a 1-day general admission just to check it out.
« Last post by mark on Today at 01:01:47 pm »
I've figured out the Otter League logic puzzle.

As for the badger complex, I know who all the upstairs tenants and all the downstairs tenants.  I know the upstairs/downstairs pairings of three of the matchups.  However, with the clues given I cannot pair off the other 3 matchups.   I know the favorite player of 8 of the 12 tenants.

Am I missing something in the clues that signifies which "J" WR player You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login actually has?

As for assigning which QB to Sassasfrass and Mel.I.Am its another toss up.

Wow! I didn't think anyone would actually try to solve it :) When I was at the end of it, there were still 3 ambiguities I had to resolve, and those you listed were the last two. I left my notes at home, so I could be wrong, but I think "The favorite players have the same number of characters in their name in only one unit" comes into play for one of those. (I could also have made a mistake of course.)
There seems to be one use case missing there. I have two tickets that I purchased in the same order so I think that I have only one confirmation number. How do I handle that? Does it know that I have 2 Sunday tickets on that number? Can my girlfriend enter with the same number?
ConventionExclusive.com Booth: 2654, 2655

from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"1st exclusive is a Ladies of #Overwatch lanyard! Pre orders are now open on our website if you can not make it to the show. $10 ea ltd 1kpcs"

"2nd exclusive is a #Supernatural pewter pin set. Limited to 600pcs numbered and sporting the #NYCC logo on the box. $30 for the set."

"3rd are excl #StarWars pins. 6 different ones to pick from. They each come in a clamshell case and vintage cardback art.$12ea or $50 for set"
set shows as $59.99 on website

"4th exclusive is a #Figpin the pin you can stand!#JimLee #Rebirth #Batman comes in a display box & made of blk nickel w/wht polished finish."
$14.99

"The 4th & 5th will be announced in the next days. So make sure to check our facebook & site for details. All will be available for preorder"

NYCC preorder You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

PRE-SALE ITEM! ALL ORDERS WILL BE SHIPPED WEEK OF OCT. 9,2017
« Last post by corgikohmander on Today at 12:44:32 pm »
I've figured out the Otter League logic puzzle.

As for the badger complex, I know who all the upstairs tenants and all the downstairs tenants.  I know the upstairs/downstairs pairings of three of the matchups.  However, with the clues given I cannot pair off the other 3 matchups.   I know the favorite player of 8 of the 12 tenants.

Am I missing something in the clues that signifies which "J" WR player You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login actually has?

As for assigning which QB to Sassasfrass and Mel.I.Am its another toss up.
Off-Topic Chat / Re: Thor: Ragnarok World Premiere
« Last post by dkd on Today at 12:27:33 pm »
According to the email and invitation it says the screening and the after party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool.  My own experience with premiere screenings is from Film Festivals.  At those, the red carpet stuff is usually happening at the same time as attendees are in line to get in.  It's hard to see the celebs at the red carpet because so many press are in the way.

Inside the theater, there are usually different types of tickets and many seats reserved that you can't sit in.  The cast and crew usually have their own section to sit in.  It's usually easy to guess where by the locations of the reserved seats.  Film Festivals usually have Q&A's with the filmmakers afterwards, but I don't know if the kind of premiere you are attending will have that.

I've only been to one film premiere party.  Lots of people, free booze and food.  It was so long ago, I can't remember if the cast was roaming around or in their own VIP area.  Just be cool either way.  Most of the people there will probably be industry-types.

All this being said, this may be different or it may be the same.
NYCC Guests, Exclusives, and Everything Else / Re: NYCC 2017 Exclusives
« Last post by alyssa on Today at 12:17:27 pm »
Yep, the FF w/DDoom wasn't offered at SDCC You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

comparing them,

the regular edition of FF AE has a different cover (issue #89) and sells for $125 You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

the NYCC variant of FF AE preorder sells for $200 You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and has "a variant Jack Kirby cover, and an extra bound in plate unique to this version that is SIGNED and NUMBERED by legendary inker JOE SINNOTT."
it has already been on the market, and is Vol 1 of Fantastic Four reprints issues 71, 82, 83, 84 & the An#6
i know because i have #52 of 125 signed by Sinnott. I do not remember where i got it from. it was either sdcc or nycc '16

Regular FF SS sells for $150 You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
this is the regular edition of FF Vol 2, reprinting issues 33,45,47,60

SDCC FF SS edition sold for $150
this is the Fantastic Four Silver Surfer Vol #2 convention exclusive sold at '17 sdcc

NYCC FF SS edition preorders for $200
This seems to be a second printing(???) of the sdcc convention exclusive edition. but maybe they found some or didn't bring them all to sdcc, idk
I do not see any apprechable difference between the SDCC & NYCC convention exclusive- if anyone spots the difference please let me know.

^^^^ Just in case anyone else is confused by the 2 different volumes of FF
thanks You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for doing the leg work on this one- these can be confusing. I've encouraged idw to include a photo of the table of contents in their on-line pages for these AE's- that would help keep it straight!

eta: when i went to buy the Wrightson AE, the check out process indicated that I was paying CA sales tax even tho i live in a tax free state & am picking it up in NY state .... I talked with TJ at the store & he's going to investigate & see what's up

I do not fully understand how I apply for two people.

Here is the text from the page:
There is only room for one set of information. I also have only one confirmation code but I did purchase two Sunday tickets. One is fan verified to my girlfriend though.

Am I missing something or is this confusing?

They just responded with this on Facebook.

New York Comic Con- if we're putting in for two tickets:
1) how do we enter the two codes? There is only space for one. Do you wan them separated by comma or just a space (does it matter?)
2) If i'm going with a friend and I put my code and his code but then HE enters and puts his code and my code does that double our chances, or are they negated? Or let's say I put a friend, but then ANOTHER friend puts herself and me. How will that work? Will it even let them? (if not, I'd hope for a warning and not just being disqualified).

New York Comic Con Good questions!
1) As long as you make it clear there are two different codes in there, you'll be all set. Formatting doesn't matter as long as they're not connected :)
2) You and your friend's entries would NOT be negated. As long as you have a Sunday badge and a confirmation ID, you're free to enter, even if it is your buddy's ID and they already entered :)

Best of luck, and may the Force be with you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10