Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
CCI General Discussion / Re: San Diego Convention Center Expansion
« Last post by AzT on Today at 12:19:18 pm »
sdconventionctr #nofilterneeded We have proudly debuted our latest enhancement to an already iconic exhibit space: our #SailsPavilionLiggts are up and running! These are the same LED fixtures used to light the Empire State Building!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
here's a great article about food and dieting
it's the Quality vs. Quantity hypothesis tested.

The Key to Weight Loss Is Diet Quality, Not Quantity, a New Study Finds
By ANAHAD O’CONNORFEB. 20, 2018

This is HBO's experience for SXSW.  If they had this in San Diego....

Sweet! I saw that Shameless was doing a SXSW activation, so I knew there would more news for other shows soon! This does look awesome!

edit: Womp womp! Sold out. Oh well. I hope someone here gets a chance to experience it and report back.

Their twitter posts say badgeholders only, so double womp womp. They do say reservations will be available during SXSW. I really wish they would do a TV badge for SXSW!
If it helps any, it was on a Wednesday last year.
I did just buy a bottle of febreeze!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

SDCC Registration and Badges / Re: SDCC, 2018 --Scalpers
« Last post by cabler30 on Today at 10:52:45 am »
I think it sad that those who really wanna go but cant because u got others who get and try to bank more by resaling a badge. not sure how many would really pay the crazy price for those who try to sale any for profit if they dont get caught and blocked for future cons. i am glad and thankfull i find ways to go even if i have to give up a few hrs of time to help, atleast i able to get in and enjoy and do what i can before and after any job. if the volunteering wasnt a option then i have no clue how i would be able to go unless i had any connections possible to get every year.
This is why I carry a travel bottle of Febreeze in my bag at cons. ;D

I look forward to watching you Febreeze You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
WonderCon / Re: WonderCon 2018: March 23–25
« Last post by AzT on Today at 10:13:36 am »

WonderCon Anaheim features an amazing (and giant!) Exhibit Hall, filled with comics, art, books, action figures, apparel, and much, much more. It's one of the best pop culture shopping experiences at any convention in the country!

And now you can see who's filling up this year's hall: Our Exhibit Hall map and the complete list of exhibitors is now online! Maximize your weekend by checking out the Exhibit Hall in advance and map out your plan of attack. (Map out … get it?)

We have provided two options: Click on the image below for an immediate look at the Exhibit Hall or click here to download the full-sized PDF. We suggest the latter because you can zoom in on exact locations.

Here are the links to the individual exhibitor pages on our website:

Exhibitors
Artists’ Alley
Fan Groups
Small Press Area
Start planning your trip to WonderCon Anaheim 2018 now!

Click here for info on how to buy your WonderCon Anaheim 2018 badges!
Badges are available online only and will not be sold onsite at the Anaheim Convention Center.

Click here for WonderCon Anaheim 2018 hotel reservation information!
Make it a WonderCon Weekend and stay at one of our hotels with special rates!

Bookmark the WonderCon Front Page and Toucan for up-to-date information on WonderCon Anaheim 2018!

Posted on Feb 22, 2018
I found this unit a while ago
I’ve got my AA edition below and my slabs up top

Nice! Beats my towering piles of oversized books. Some of my books are in the 22x16 inch range too.

Hmmm...a special Gallery Edition of his Dreadstar stuff...that'd be killer.

Keep an eye out for the Starlin art book being republished by Aftershock comics in May. I think the IDW one will just be Marvel stuff. (I'm a big Dreadstar fan too.)

It's hard to describe how awesome these books are, part of it is you can really see how incredible some of the artwork is, with all of these details that you can't really see in the final product. Part of it too is the behind-the-scenes aspect, since you can see notes, little fixes, etc. Another plus is that IDW often has the artists there at SDCC for signings.
SDCC Registration and Badges / Re: SDCC, 2018 --Scalpers
« Last post by Iris_aya on Today at 10:06:28 am »
They will probably try to get the site to take them down, I don't know how the legality would work though. I know they DO get on it when they know about things like this.

As far as I know, CCI has been able to get sites, like ebay and craigslist, to remove posts about selling badges that are against their policies. So reporting it is always the best step to take. Of course, the website may or may not immediately comply, but at least with notice CCI can try, as said above they're really good about acting on these.

Of course, they may or may not be able to tie it to a specific individual (should the badges actually be authentic badges) to put a ban on their MemberID, but the listings should theoretically be able to be taken down. That way hopefully desperate people to go to SDCC don't pay outrageous prices...

Not to mention, I don't imagine many sites want to be associated with aiding an unlawful (I suppose) sale when the organizer actually contacts them.

As far as I know, we've just used the main contact form for anything like this in the past, just make sure to put that it's about scalped badges/etc. in the title and I think it gets forwarded pretty quickly to the people who need to handle it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10