Author Topic: Omni Playback Room for 2015?  (Read 6040 times)

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
Omni Playback Room for 2015?
« on: June 28, 2015, 04:55:00 AM »
Last year, the Omni was used as a delayed playback room all day on Friday and Saturday - with just one hour or so delay for Hall H and Ballroom 20 events for those that couldn't get in - However, so far on this year's schedule announcement it says that the Omni will only be playing back Hall H and Ballroom 20 panels at night from 6:30pm to 9:30pm - Does anyone have any additional info on this - I took advantage of the Omni playback room during the day on Friday and Saturday last year which was very convenient (except for the lack of film footage) - but if I can't get into Hall H or Ballroom 20 this year, I didn't want to have wait until night time to see them played back.

Offline ahbbb

• Room 6BCF
    • autograph hounds blah blah blog
  • Liked: 46
Re: Omni Playback Room for 2015?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 10:51:08 AM »
I like the idea of a 'best of' later in the day. It allows people to see something they missed.
However, I really liked the 'overflow' aspect too.
It would be TOO awesome to combine both aspects.

I guess that degree of awesomeness is not possible. :(
A Brave Man Likes to Feel the Weather on his Face
A Wise Man Knows When to Get Out of the Rain

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:24:35 AM »

Offline dancetomusic

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 115
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 11:02:29 AM »
Actually on yesterday's Toucan Blog post it says the Playback room will be open all day Thursday, Friday, and Saturday!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The Playback Room at the Omni will be open Thursday (11:00 AM—9:00 PM), Friday (10:30 AM—10:45 PM), and Saturday (10:30 AM—10:30 PM). Each of the 3 days will end with our famous “Playback Freeplay,” where you get to vote from a selection of Hall H and Ballroom 20 panels to decide what to view!

I think it's only the Playback Freeplay part that shows up on the schedule. So it looks like they'll have playbacks running all day, the audience just doesn't get to choose? I don't know how it would work.

I didn't get a chance to go last year, and I don't have much time to this year either but I'll probably try to at least catch the end of Saturday night!

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 01:31:12 PM »
Playback schedule is up--

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login