Author Topic: 2017 SDCC Lego Exclusives  (Read 9992 times)

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
2017 SDCC Lego Exclusives
« on: May 08, 2017, 03:54:58 PM »
Discuss upcoming Lego Exclusives.

Personally I'm hoping they go back to sets like a few years ago. Was not a big fan of the brick headz but neither was I a big fan of the mini-build sets. If the celebration Detention block set is anything to go by they are moving in the right direction.

Just as an FYI the celebration exclusive packaging was the more rectangular brick headz packaging from last year as opposed to the more square box from 2015 and below.

Finally any thoughts on if they go full lottery like Celebration. I hope not! They would never be able to handle the overflow line.
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
Re: 2017 SDCC Lego Exclusives
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 04:20:11 PM »
Lego goes really smooth in the mornings for tickets to purchase the sets. So I don't see them moving to the online lottery, unless CCI implements a system for them to do so.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:43:55 AM »

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 05:11:30 PM »
Really hope they go to online lottery. Line was easy last year just because no one wanted the Brick Headz. If they have any sets like celebration did...it would be right back to a 2 hour line waiting.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 05:24:19 PM »
Really hope they go to online lottery. Line was easy last year just because no one wanted the Brick Headz. If they have any sets like celebration did...it would be right back to a 2 hour line waiting.

I don't think so, the year before when they implemented the tap and win/lose ticket distribution with the mini sets it was quick too. It moves super fast and they have a LOT of tickets. It's like people go for all the other stuff first, then hit the Lego line. Minifig line is another thing b/c once the tickets for the sets are gone, folks literally start lining up for the minifig and it just gets out of control. I almost think they should just immediately start the minifig and and the madness that is that line building for hours.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
My Twitter

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 05:40:58 PM »
agree with [member=2226]Mel[/member] plus when people don't pick up after having won the lottorey then they have to have hours long lines like at celebration. people ion sunday were on line just for the lego beginning at 10AM, who wants to kill an entire day waiting in line in hopes of getting one.

lotto should be held on site so a) they know you have a ticket b) likely less people not showing up
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline nootheroptions

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 02:04:37 PM »
Have they announced actual exclusives or brick headz again? I hated those brick headz. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 02:15:58 PM »
Lego is always super late in announcing their exclusives. Talking like just a few days prior.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
My Twitter

Offline joyful_314

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 82
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 03:46:19 PM »
I don't think so, the year before when they implemented the tap and win/lose ticket distribution with the mini sets it was quick too. It moves super fast and they have a LOT of tickets. It's like people go for all the other stuff first, then hit the Lego line. Minifig line is another thing b/c once the tickets for the sets are gone, folks literally start lining up for the minifig and it just gets out of control. I almost think they should just immediately start the minifig and and the madness that is that line building for hours.

This would be so ideal!!!

Last year was a minor crap shoot for me. I really wanted my Hydra Cap, and was just at the bottom of the steps in line, and it was like by the time I got there, they were already out.. and I sat there for aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeee

I just can't justify waiting in line all morning for lego anymore. (for the lottery mini figs) If they did it right after the first lottery, that would make a huge difference and keep that line even moving faster

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 05:37:50 PM »
Lego is always super late in announcing their exclusives. Talking like just a few days prior.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

From last year:

Thread opened 4/7, first minifig reveal 7/12 for convention dates 7/20 - 7/24 You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If that pattern holds, plenty of chatter in the meantime we have...

Offline EightiesKid

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 09:41:56 AM »
My little guys have become huge Lego fans in the last two years, and we will be trying for some of the Lego exclusives.  The main ones I'm hoping to get are the Lego Exclusive mini-figs.  From looking at what happened in years past it looks like the drawing is around noon, and we will need to line up around 9-10?  It may be tough to do that with my little guys, but I'll try to keep them entertained while in line.  I'll keep monitoring this more often as we get closer to the time of the show. 

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 08:30:47 AM »

Finally! LEGO's first #SDCC exclusives is a #Spiderman and Venom BrickHeadz set: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Our spidey-senses have detected something awesome! #LEGOBrickHeadz @Comic_Con exclusive has dropped in, Spider-Man & Venom! #LEGOSDCC #SDCC pic.twitter.com/KLhfvRB9qa 8:03 AM - 26 Jun 2017

$40
Available July 20 and 22
One set per attendee per day

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 11:55:26 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline GusGus23462

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 108
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 08:43:41 AM »
Oh no. That's not how I wanted the Lego exclusives to start. I'm not a big fan of the Brick Headz line!

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 08:58:49 AM »
Brickheadz equal a nice short easy line again hopefully!

Offline EightiesKid

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 09:24:29 AM »
I'm not a fan of the Brickheadz, but am happy for those that like those.  I think the Lego mini-figs are perfect show exclusives - they are small and compact, easy to carry around, and totally awesome.  I'll be lining up to try and get some of those. 

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 10:28:23 AM »
More Brickheadz and notice, they are available on 2 days. So I'm guessing just 2 sets of Brickheadz this year. One for Thursday/Saturday and one for Friday/Sunday. We stopped seeing 4 minifigures 3 years ago and they did those this way last year just 2 of them alternating days........now just 2 sets instead of 4. Lego really seems to be ramping down their SDCC offerings.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
My Twitter