Author Topic: comic books only get a larger fan base after a tv show or movie?  (Read 1241 times)

Offline matthew

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 16
i was a big iron man fan. book was almost cancelled half a dozen times. the number one issue was only 50 bucks for a mint copy. then iron man the movie dropped, and iron man was bigger than the x-men ever were.

wtf.

p.s. not a fan of iron man comics anymore. the first 2 iron man movies were okay.

can any comic book property be big if done well?

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: comic books only get a larger fan base after a tv show or movie?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 11:50:32 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
can any comic book property be big if done well?

I see the same thing with books. I think any property can become big as a movie *if* it has a compelling story and that story is carried forward to the movie/TV adaptation. There are many examples of books/comics that were done *right* and were successful on film, and there are many examples of the opposite as well.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Vantlin

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 09:26:26 AM »
I agree that turning a book or comic into a movie could make it more appealing as a written piece. This happens many times in many books turned movie stories.

Offline matthew

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 02:35:15 PM »
game of thrones, walking dead....

oddly lord of the rings inspired dungeons and dragons, which made people think there was a demand for a cartoon of lord of the rings? or the other way around?  lord of the rings movies got game of thrones greenlit to be made?

working out marketing. seems alot of marketing has been taken over by special interests, and lazy marketing to net the most money (which has boiled down to be a simple list.)

since nothing happens without marketing's approval.........