Author Topic: Post Con Hauls  (Read 4939 times)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
Post Con Hauls
« on: July 23, 2017, 05:17:03 PM »
Now that SDCC 2017 is officially over, lets see what everyone's hauls were:  Comics, statues, swag, posters, all of the above, etc

I got around two short boxes of comics for around a dollar each average.  I managed to find a NM/VF Uncanny for 5 bucks.  :)

Offline daveruby

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 55
Re: Post Con Hauls
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 06:33:59 PM »
Here's the free stuff we got!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:57:15 AM »

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 08:00:34 PM »
Mine minus books

Offline ripresa

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 62
Post Con Hauls
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 08:47:35 PM »
Here's mine. The crown jewels are the deadpool Lego mini, the Westworld hat and the Steven Universe lion I got for spotting the unofficial sdcc blog's prize mule. I was trying to be minimal this year.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 07:57:44 AM »
Turns out a good place to have picked up goodies was the Pinball Lounge. I only stopped by twice, but both times I got there just as they were giving away prizes to the top 3 players in the mini tournaments they had. The lounge was pretty empty both times, it only looked like 8 people were waiting around to see if they won. 3 out of 8 is pretty good odds. The prizes were good as well. The one that stood out for me was the 1/2 scale Bandai BB-8.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 03:06:50 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Turns out a good place to have picked up goodies was the Pinball Lounge. I only stopped by twice, but both times I got there just as they were giving away prizes to the top 3 players in the mini tournaments they had. The lounge was pretty empty both times, it only looked like 8 people were waiting around to see if they won. 3 out of 8 is pretty good odds. The prizes were good as well. The one that stood out for me was the 1/2 scale Bandai BB-8.

We walked by there when they were still setting up and I had meant to get back there but totally forgot! Ah well, even though I thought my purchases were pretty minimal this year I still managed to cover the dining room table. This picture doesn't have our biggest purchase which I will post in a different thread.

My favorite items were the Sienkiewicz New Mutants portfolio and the Simonson IDW Artist's Edition. (And of course that most exclusive item of all, the FoCC Fantasy Football bookmark made by [member=3906]dcuodust[/member] , and I know how you can get one next year ...)

Didn't buy too many comics, maybe 20 or so, and mostly from small publishers where I was able to chat with the creators.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 03:55:51 PM »
I have stuff in transit to my house, but I didn't ship my favorite part of my haul. I wanted it here with me. Now to figure out how to read the ARC without messing up the book...

Bought the hard copy of The Martian, but the ARC for Artemis was handed out with the signing. Was in line for really only about 30 minutes. It was the signing for the Space, the Final Escape panel (I think that was the name). You have no idea how excited I am that I got these, and got them signed.

Ang

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 08:30:31 PM »
You were there? I wish I had known! I was first in line for the Saturday signing! That ARC of Artemis was one of my 2 must-have exclusives!

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 09:28:02 PM »
All my stuff is still just in a crazy disorganized mess that looks like a trash heap in my dining area.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 09:38:14 PM »
I'm trying to figure out whether to post all the comics in a pile, in a box, or one pic/post for around 250 photos total.  :)

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2017, 11:16:51 PM »

This was just my Preview Night haul!   I'm proud that I was able to hit 5 different lines in 3 hours - Funko, EE, IDW, Diamond and Hallmark.   Got really, really lucky with Hallmark because a bunch of us were still in line with 5 minutes to go before 9 and they told us that they would be willing to sell to us until security comes by to shut us down which they never did.  Probably used up my con luck right then and there too.   

I did get more stuff but don't have photos yet. 

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 07:44:21 AM »
You were there? I wish I had known! I was first in line for the Saturday signing! That ARC of Artemis was one of my 2 must-have exclusives!
I got in line just as the first part of the line filled up. I ducked out of 6A right at the beginning of the Sponge Bob panel, and was able to get back in before they started the table read. I didn't even think to scan through the people in line-I should have known there would be at least one FoCC cult member in line. We had been by the booth in the morning and they were talking about it, and as we walked up to get in 6A, I scoped out the location. When the first panel in 6A ended, I decided to go check it out. I thought it would be packed, but the line worker said it had not split off yet, so I lined up.
I had asked for a hard copy of The Martian for Christmas, and no one got it for me, so I took the opportunity to give myself a little Christmas in July, and now I have a signed copy. I told Mr. Weir about my favorite line about Aquaman, and he laughed, and said he was bummed that it didn't make it into the movie. I agreed, as I was hoping to hear that line when I went to the movie.

For something so awesome, it was fairly easy to get. Maybe because the signing was listed with the panel title, and not just Andy Weir.
Ang

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2017, 08:44:56 AM »
It was much easier than a lot of things, that's for sure! My daughter went to the panel, but I skipped the panel to get in the autograph line. If you bring your 'SDCC skills' to these author signings, you can usually get what you want.

Although in this case, they only had 75 copies of Artemis, so you got lucky to be in that group!

Offline rushfanyyz

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2017, 09:52:36 AM »
also regarding Artemis:
I went to the booth Sunday to see what free books I could pick up from the publishers and saw they had a con exclusive Artemis shirt and it was 20% off. So I went score! and decided to buy it. Then they said as they were giving me the shirt "there's a surprise wrapped up in the shirt" and what do you know, it was the ARC of Artemis.  Not signed or anything, but that was a pretty sweet surprise :)

Offline dcuodust

• Hall H
  • To me, my board!
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2017, 10:10:57 AM »
I don't have photos since I left my stuff in San Diego, because I'll be heading back to SoCal. But I got:

- Entertainment Earth Nintendo 2-Pack, TNG Enterprise Monitor Mate, and X-23 Funko
- Funko Luna Lovegood with Glasses and GoT Dorbz 2-Pack (thx [member=2226]Mel[/member])
- Loungefly Star Wars Stormtrooper white & purple backpack
- Funko Ahsoka Tano signed by voice actress Ashley Eckstein
- Fallout 4 backpack
- A s**t ton of t-shirts - I think 13 all together: 2 from Graffiti Design of WW (where I saw [member=1617]Miss Kitty[/member]), 2 from WeLoveFine - Star Trek Captains & X-Men, 4 from Super7 - Snake Eyes, and they were selling last years exclusives for $10 - Stormtrooper, Daredevil, RoboCop, "What Happens at Comic-Con Stays at Comic-Con", an awesome mustard All-New Avengers - I only got it cause it has Kamala, Classic X-Men with Magneto fighting them, Fallout Pipboy Vault-Tec, and an awesome one of Han and Leia sitting on a couch with a half-dozen baby Wookies and Leia looking really nervous bottle feeding one of them.
- Lego MiniMates 2-Pack of Ms. Marvel & Kang the Conqueror (gift from [member=4270]mark[/member])
- Grantland book of essays with Iceman poster (gift from [member=4270]mark[/member])
What are you, Worf? Do you tremble and quake with fear at the approach of combat? Hoping to talk your way out of a fight like a Human? Or do you hear the cry of the warrior, calling you to battle, calling you to glory like a Klingon?
- Gowron, Chancellor of the Klingon High Council