Author Topic: Dragon Con 2017: September 1-4  (Read 5499 times)

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
  • Liked: 200
Re: Dragon Con 2017: September 1-4
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2017, 09:01:02 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Who's ready for Dragon Con? Five weeks away! Can't wait!!!

I spent my days off working on cosplay and then coming up with way more ideas that I need to trim down.

Is anyone else planning on cosplaying?

I am also looking forward to the wynonna earp stuff since I did not get to see them at SDCC. Well if you don't count accidentally walking by the IDW booth when they were signing.

Offline Kevin Bachelder

• Exhibit Hall
  • My Twitter - @kbachelder
    • DragonConNewbies.org
  • Liked: 28
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2017, 11:38:42 AM »
I am also looking forward to the wynonna earp stuff since I did not get to see them at SDCC. Well if you don't count accidentally walking by the IDW booth when they were signing.

Here's a link to one of my tweets that has a graphic listing the Wynonna Earp events taking place at Dragon Con as well as a link to the Urban Fantasy track schedule. 

Of course, this far out everything is very subject to change. :)

Take care,

Kevin

New to the awesomeness that is Dragon Con?

Tuning In To Scifi TV podcast (covering all genre TV shows)

Tales Of The Black Badge - A Wynonna Earp fan podcast

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 06:41:58 AM »

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2017, 12:42:12 PM »
Here's a link to one of my tweets that has a graphic listing the Wynonna Earp events taking place at Dragon Con as well as a link to the Urban Fantasy track schedule. 

Of course, this far out everything is very subject to change. :)

Take care,

Kevin

Do you know if the whole cast attending will be at all events or is that not decided until closer to the con? Thanks!

Offline Kevin Bachelder

• Exhibit Hall
    • DragonConNewbies.org
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2017, 01:12:10 PM »
Do you know if the whole cast attending will be at all events or is that not decided until closer to the con? Thanks!

Baring flight delays getting in or a change of the days that they will be at the con all of the Wynonna Earp cast members who are at con should be on all panels.

As with all things Dragon Con this is subject to change especially this far out from con.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kauthor

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2017, 07:11:27 AM »
This will be my first time attending Dragon Con! I have heard great things about the disability services!

Offline Kevin Bachelder

• Exhibit Hall
    • DragonConNewbies.org
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2017, 09:27:37 AM »
This will be my first time attending Dragon Con! I have heard great things about the disability services!

I've seen them in action and they do a great job for folks.  Be sure to reach out to them ahead of the con if you have any questions.

We have lots of resources for newbies listed here...

Enjoy,

Kevin

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2017, 09:55:24 AM »
>:D

sdcomicfest So, caffeinated coffee is not quite legal here at the con suite at #DragonCon. Um, OK. #scifi #convention

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2017, 01:04:46 PM »
No reports on DragonCon? Well, I went and had an absolute BLAST!! I met a ton of good people, many of whom are now friends via social media and had an overall good time. Although I was disappointed that Jessica Camacho and Lena Headey cancelled, I still got pics with a few celebs, picked up a few t-shirts and some props for my next cosplay venture.

My friend and I went to the Aquarium soiree dressed as Men in Black and I had Frank the (stuffed) Pug on my shoulder who was the hit of the group. The other days, I was dressed as Morpheus from the Matrix and Future Static Shock. Perhaps some of you seen me wandering around the Marriott on Friday and Sunday night. The Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt were the places to be for cosplay!

I went to the parade for the first time which was pretty fun, although the spot we were in left much to be desired. We had a garbage truck behind us and a sewer to the left of us, so the smell wasn't too pleasant. We ended up leaving early.

My gripes are that the shuttles aren't frequent enough. We stayed at the Omni, which is somewhat within walking distance if you're in decent shape, but if you're in costume and the sun is beating down on you, it can be tough with that humidity. After a 30 minute wait, I hopped on a shuttle and the driver told me that his bus was the only one on the route. For a convention this massive, there should be at least two shuttles on the route. My other gripe is that restaurants (except for the Waffle House) close too early during the convention. Omni's food court closes at 8pm and so do many of the eateries around the area. We ended up eating fast food junk during most of the trip.

All that said, I still had fun, which is what counts most. I took plenty of pics, participated in a couple of organized photoshoots and captured video footage which I will post here somewhere and on my Facebook cosplay page when the editing is completed.

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2017, 05:27:18 PM »
No reports on DragonCon? Well, I went and had an absolute BLAST!! I met a ton of good people, many of whom are now friends via social media and had an overall good time. Although I was disappointed that Jessica Camacho and Lena Headey cancelled, I still got pics with a few celebs, picked up a few t-shirts and some props for my next cosplay venture.

My friend and I went to the Aquarium soiree dressed as Men in Black and I had Frank the (stuffed) Pug on my shoulder who was the hit of the group. The other days, I was dressed as Morpheus from the Matrix and Future Static Shock. Perhaps some of you seen me wandering around the Marriott on Friday and Sunday night. The Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt were the places to be for cosplay!

I went to the parade for the first time which was pretty fun, although the spot we were in left much to be desired. We had a garbage truck behind us and a sewer to the left of us, so the smell wasn't too pleasant. We ended up leaving early.

My gripes are that the shuttles aren't frequent enough. We stayed at the Omni, which is somewhat within walking distance if you're in decent shape, but if you're in costume and the sun is beating down on you, it can be tough with that humidity. After a 30 minute wait, I hopped on a shuttle and the driver told me that his bus was the only one on the route. For a convention this massive, there should be at least two shuttles on the route. My other gripe is that restaurants (except for the Waffle House) close too early during the convention. Omni's food court closes at 8pm and so do many of the eateries around the area. We ended up eating fast food junk during most of the trip.

All that said, I still had fun, which is what counts most. I took plenty of pics, participated in a couple of organized photoshoots and captured video footage which I will post here somewhere and on my Facebook cosplay page when the editing is completed.
I thought I saw your Future Static Shock! I was on my way somewhere, but I told DH that I follow your cosplay page on Facebook. I wish I had time to stop and say hello.
We had a blast, but I am still recovering (and catching up at work). I hope to report in over the weekend. Maybe I will even get my photos together the same month, for once in my life. I don't think I even posted any last year.
Ang

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2017, 08:58:38 AM »
I thought I saw your Future Static Shock! I was on my way somewhere, but I told DH that I follow your cosplay page on Facebook. I wish I had time to stop and say hello.
We had a blast, but I am still recovering (and catching up at work). I hope to report in over the weekend. Maybe I will even get my photos together the same month, for once in my life. I don't think I even posted any last year.

I still have cosplay photos and parade shots that I haven't posted from DragonCon, although I didn't take too many this time around as I was more focused on cosplay video. I guess I should get on that. I did finish one of my videos, though. Still working on the other. The timing and editing process takes quite a bit of time.