Author Topic: San Diego Convention Center annual report  (Read 1035 times)

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
San Diego Convention Center annual report
« on: December 09, 2017, 01:32:55 PM »
They estimate Comic Con’s economic impact to be 143 million, including 3 million in hotel sales

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Oh and they tweeted that they’re adding charging stations for next year.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
Re: San Diego Convention Center annual report
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 04:33:55 PM »
Is the Sails Pavilion still naked?  Someone put a coat on it. It looks cold.  :'(

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:27:43 AM »

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 07:05:22 AM »
Charging stations would be amazing! I'm sure they will be well utilized.

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 09:11:06 AM »
How about decent WiFi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 10:49:52 AM »
I use a tablet for any safe wifi and pictures or vids any. i have learned over time if u able to leave it in airplane mode then it dont drain ur battery as fast. not sure how many know that if at all. and wifi, i have apps but they always warn to make sure the wifi is safe so i have chance to think twice before using if any free at all. but with so many cells roaming around in guessing it can be a pain traffic wise cause u never know what everyone try do at time and can clog up wifi im guessing.

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 11:57:29 AM »
I use a tablet for any safe wifi and pictures or vids any. i have learned over time if u able to leave it in airplane mode then it dont drain ur battery as fast. not sure how many know that if at all. and wifi, i have apps but they always warn to make sure the wifi is safe so i have chance to think twice before using if any free at all. but with so many cells roaming around in guessing it can be a pain traffic wise cause u never know what everyone try do at time and can clog up wifi im guessing.

This is excellent advice! At conventions, I always keep my phone in airplane mode (unless I have to send an email or check something--then I switch it and put it right back). Otherwise it kills the battery too quickly, trying to connect to a signal with 100,000 other people.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 02:09:02 PM »
This is excellent advice! At conventions, I always keep my phone in airplane mode (unless I have to send an email or check something--then I switch it and put it right back). Otherwise it kills the battery too quickly, trying to connect to a signal with 100,000 other people.

Yep, so i be sure to have any notes handy and use tablet most for pics and vids any. then also if want got tunes on it so if want chill to side for lunch or break can zone out kinda lol from all the chaos around to recharge lol.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 10:24:27 AM »
Yep, so i be sure to have any notes handy and use tablet most for pics and vids any. then also if want got tunes on it so if want chill to side for lunch or break can zone out kinda lol from all the chaos around to recharge lol.
Exactly; I use my iPad almost exclusively for watching movies/reading comics or books while waiting in lines.  Or if I want to shut off the world a little bit.  Last year I was in a line group so waiting in line was (relatively) minimal & I mostly talked to people in the group: I barely used my iPad.  But it is great when I'm tired, not really in a social mood, and want to sit down for a bit and just shut the world off