Author Topic: Autograph Tips and Tricks for SDCC  (Read 138177 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Autograph Tips and Tricks for SDCC
« Reply #315 on: August 05, 2017, 08:25:29 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I always think that there are people that draw a ticket for a show they don't like. Go through the autograph queue and then throw away the poster etc. Does that happen?

By chance a couple of years ago I got into a signing for Attack on Titan. I don't know much about it, so I just took the autographed posted and thanked the creator and left. I figured someone at the FoCC Sunday dinner might want it. Lo and behold, less than 30 minutes later I ran into DrWho42 on the exhibit floor and sure enough, he wanted it!

So if anyone ever wins a signing they don't want, I would suggest giving back to the community and offering it up to FoCC people. You never know when you will brighten someone's day, and I can attest that Con Karma is real: what goes around comes around.

Offline Loliiz

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #316 on: August 05, 2017, 08:50:27 AM »

I always think that there are people that draw a ticket for a show they don't like. Go through the autograph queue and then throw away the poster etc. Does that happen?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I guess this happens a lot for the WB signings because is the same line for all the shows. Doesn't feel fair to me, a lot of the signed posters are on eBay now. I wouldn't sell one or.buy one EVER., I'd rather have the whole experience of meeting the cast of a show I love, like I did with Gotham. Buying a signed poster won't give me the hug that Robin Lord Taylor gave me, that is a priceless moment!

Enviado desde mi XT1563 mediante Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #317 on: Today at 01:08:27 AM »

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #317 on: August 05, 2017, 09:13:11 AM »

I guess this happens a lot for the WB signings because is the same line for all the shows. Doesn't feel fair to me, a lot of the signed posters are on eBay now. I wouldn't sell one or.buy one EVER., I'd rather have the whole experience of meeting the cast of a show I love, like I did with Gotham. Buying a signed poster won't give me the hug that Robin Lord Taylor gave me, that is a priceless moment!

Im the same way with anything i got signed. have it be a picture, collector card, or comic or anything. those who sale after they get something i call those flippers, they are what caused some comic book makers to start charging to sign a comic over the last years. because i know some and seen or actually met them in person and got lucky to get some signed for free in past but know may have to pay down the line later. but u do find those who try get a stack of comic signed and willing to pay for it at time to flip later. so to me a picture , hand shake , signed comic is priceless. but guess some have had to do so cause financial reasons and others do just to profit. buy i do have a variety of stuff signed and to me that is priceless.

Offline CptMyCpt24

• Hall H
  • myth of the chupacabra is just that - utter crap
  • Liked: 115
« Reply #318 on: August 05, 2017, 04:50:46 PM »
I just had my brother in law see my Heavy Metal poster signed by Grant Morrison and he was all over it. It sat in the tube for over a year and I rearranged it after getting a new Hellboy 2018 poster from Dark Horse.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SDCC: 2011-2014, 2016-2019, 2022-| ECCC: 2015-2018, 2021 | WonderCon: ? | DragonCon: ? | NYCC: ?

Zim: Ummm, is it supposed to be stupid?
Tallest Purple: It's not stupid; [sarcastically] it's advanced!

Offline azul120

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #319 on: December 06, 2017, 09:54:57 PM »
I know it's way off season, but assuming I end up with a regular pass rather than a professional one for this year, how hard are the Marvel ticketed signings (typically for their TV shows/movies) to get for people who have to go through the standard throngs? Being pro certainly gives an (admittedly unfair) advantage.

Offline Loliiz

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #320 on: December 06, 2017, 10:06:05 PM »
I know it's way off season, but assuming I end up with a regular pass rather than a professional one for this year, how hard are the Marvel ticketed signings (typically for their TV shows/movies) to get for people who have to go through the standard throngs? Being pro certainly gives an (admittedly unfair) advantage.
I'd like to know too. I have a friend who tried last year. I don't know how many people were in front of us in the everything else line on Saturday but we lined on Friday morning (around 9-10 am) and by the time CCI allowed entrance to the exhibit hall of course the line was already caped for marvel

Offline ArkhamNightmare

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #321 on: December 06, 2017, 10:08:13 PM »
I've had pro the past two years, pro for 2017 & I have not known about these advantages. Care to share? The only thing I know of is early entry into preview night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline azul120

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #322 on: December 06, 2017, 10:17:58 PM »
I've had pro the past two years, pro for 2017 & I have not known about these advantages. Care to share? The only thing I know of is early entry into preview night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a separate line for pro people in the mezzanine area that is allowed inside 15/30 minutes earlier.

Offline Roshawn

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #323 on: December 30, 2017, 11:27:55 AM »

Forget it, you will be wasting your time.  Marvel will run out of tickets. You may make the line, but you wont have the opportunity to draw. The first 450 people are SDCC retailers using regular badges. How do I know this? I was the first one in the pro line. I raced to marvel booth and there was already a line.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #324 on: December 30, 2017, 01:14:44 PM »
Forget it, you will be wasting your time.  Marvel will run out of tickets. You may make the line, but you wont have the opportunity to draw. The first 450 people are SDCC retailers using regular badges. How do I know this? I was the first one in the pro line. I raced to marvel booth and there was already a line.

I can see but might be wrong, we are in the world of part ebay and part own private collectors who value a anything signed by a star or comic maker to get stuff signed and actually keep it. i for one from all i have read and know dont waste time trying to get anything signed unless planned ahead and know to get to the signer early before the crowd start to form any line cause times have changed and now u gotta be aware if it free signed or a charge any so if u know u can afford to for a signed item and that is anything at all then go ahead and wait in line. i miss the old days when it was alot less traffic and u can easily just roam around and get stuff signed by stars by chance and be no lines.

Offline PlasticManJr

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #325 on: December 30, 2017, 01:55:09 PM »
The first 450 people are SDCC retailers using regular badges.

Does Marvel even have a policy of excluding attendees with exhibitor badges from their autograph drawings?

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #326 on: December 30, 2017, 02:30:32 PM »
The way i see it, instead of waiting in a long ass line for ticket to get whatever they are given to sign that i wait till they at some point are set up in sails area to where u pay a one time fee and can get a picture the star has any and picture with and lines are alot shorter at time. that is how i use to meet stars years ago compared to now.

Offline darlenealderson

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 75
« Reply #327 on: January 31, 2018, 07:26:45 AM »
My tip would be to be nice to the people working at the booths! After getting shut out from the Legendary signing in 2015 (Crimson Peak) due to exhibitors rushing the booth, I was upset, but I went to the Lionsgate booth to get my face photoshopped into a Hunger Games poster. I chatted with the security guard there and he gave me a signing wristband (I didn't ask, it was a complete surprise). I did the Marvel swag giveaway at the very end of the con on Sunday of 2015, which happened to be the day before my birthday. Chloe Bennett showed up at the booth and gave me a hug because it was my birthday.

Another instance of being nice/enthusiastic. In 2016, I was chatting with the manager of the Nickelodeon booth, telling him how much I loved All That back in the 90s. He gave me a signing ticket even though they weren't distributing them til the next day.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #328 on: January 31, 2018, 11:26:13 AM »
Yes, always try be nice to any workers. i went to SDCC 2017 and scored some goods i didnt expect to get cause by chance worker saw a top i wore and liked, so got free bob burger hat, poster tubes at random , and variety other stuff free. yes i can see a booth close cause vendors try get stuff to resale for profit. i saw a news segment about how some stuff in past was worth bank if anyone wanted but wasnt able to go to con at time. people can be vultures i was warned and saw lol. so i be happy anything i want and get anytime. if not get then less gotta carry around lol.

Offline ozzz

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 289
« Reply #329 on: April 24, 2018, 09:56:20 AM »
Does anyone know how does it work for the CW show signings?