Author Topic: I have an idea for a comic book.  (Read 39 times)

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 363
I have an idea for a comic book.
« on: January 19, 2018, 01:58:06 pm »
First off, I have no prior experience publishing a comic book or even putting together a comic book.  As a pre-teen, I used to draw cartoon stories in my notebooks in school when I was goofing off and not focusing on my studies.  I also took animated film classes on Saturdays at that time and put together four short animated films.  That was 40 years ago.

Just this week, with all the stuff going on these days, I just came up with a superhero idea.  Actually, it would be a satirical superhero that would either make you laugh or cry depending on how you feel.  I can definitely write a decent-sized story, but I suck at drawing.  I would need someone to draw illustration panels for me, but I assume that alone would cost a lot of money and I'm still paying off debts for the short documentary I filmed last year.  Of course, this is something I would share credit with.

I was thinking this is something I could bring to portfolio review for this year's Comic-Con.  Any idea how I could go about finding a good and affordable cartoonist that can draw illustration panels and how to physically put together a comic book that I could bring and show to portfolio reviewers at this year's Comic-Con?  My ultimate goal is to put together a single comic book or comic booklet that could be sold in bookstores and on Amazon.

If hiring someone to draw illustrations is too expensive for me, I could draw characters using a see-through paper on still pictures of people I find on stock photos on the Internet.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
NYCC 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
SDCC 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016