Author Topic: Signed, Graded and CGC Chat  (Read 8273 times)

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
Re: Signed, Graded and CGC Chat
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2023, 12:57:49 PM »

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2023, 02:33:40 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It’s here: the first CGC 10/10 Day! Starting on October 10, 2023, through the end of the month, CGC is celebrating the greatest grade with the greatest deals, including $10 specials on services, memberships and more. CGC is recognized worldwide as the gold standard for grading pop culture collectibles, ensuring every collectible receives a precise and consistent grade, and this exciting day is all about commemorating the pinnacle of excellence that CGC and its best grade represent.

What is CGC 10/10 Day?
CGC 10/10 Day is a day for collectors to celebrate the pursuit of perfection. Whether you're passionate about comic books, TCGs, sports cards, video games or home video, CGC 10/10 Day is for you. It's a day to showcase your prized possessions and learn more about the benefits of authentication, grading and encapsulation, with the bonus of special deals and giveaways!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 02:11:14 PM »

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2023, 04:06:06 PM »

The @CGCSigSeries team is excited to announce another In-House Private Signing with @denyscowanart! In addition to signing, he will be offering Remarques for purchase. Submissions due by Friday, December 22, 2023. Click You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for more info!

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2023, 06:44:41 PM »
I've never had anything graded before, so this is a competely noob question: if I wanted to get trading cards graded -- like Pokémon and a couple of baseball cards -- should I go for PSA or CGC? I've searched for this answer, and I'm not sure if there is a consensus. Right now I'm leaning towards PSA. So I'm asking you guys what your opinion is.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2023, 07:17:34 AM »
I'm more familiar w/CGC than PSA.  I've also seen CGC cited as reference for things when looking to be bought via sites like ebay, or shortbox.  But that's entirely circumstantial.  Both those companies have their own forum areas as well, so might be good to peruse those too.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2024, 10:55:21 PM »
From: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Updated: CCG and CGC Comics Statement on Holder Tampering Incident

Posted on 1/3/2024

Updated January 3, 2024. The Certified Collectibles Group is aware of an incident involving an individual tampering with CGC Comics holders. Scroll below for a list of impacted certification numbers.

The Certified Collectibles Group® (CCG®), which includes Certified Guaranty Company® (CGC®), has released updated information related to the incident involving an individual tampering with CGC Comics holders.

Based on current information, we believe that approximately 350 comic books are affected. A list of the impacted books has now been posted on the CGCcomics.com website.

If you purchased one of the comic books included in this list, you can submit it to CGC Comics for review. (Instructions to submit an eligible book for review are below.) If your book is determined to be correctly graded, it will be reholdered with a new certification number and returned to you at no charge. If your book is determined to be incorrectly graded, our support team will contact you. You may be asked to submit certain additional documentation as part of the review process.

The list of impacted comic books will be periodically updated as books are submitted for review. Our goal is to remove all impacted certification numbers from the market and ensure that anyone who purchased one of these books is appropriately compensated for losses arising from any failures in our services.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2024, 09:28:33 PM »

No more paper submission forms for CGC Signature Series show signings! Now, collectors can complete orders ahead of time using CGC’s online submission process. Just follow the steps in the video found in this article.

CGC Signature Series collectors can now use the CGC online submission form to submit collectibles at show signings! After filling out the easy-to-use form, simply bring your collectible to the show you’re attending to get it signed in the presence of a CGC Authorized Witness and graded with the iconic CGC Signature Series label. Plus, up to 75 signatures can be added to each collectible in your submission, making this a great option for fans to stack their collectible with all of their favorite signatures.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2024, 08:55:47 PM »