Author Topic: Deals on comics...one day digital specials...News....chat  (Read 65994 times)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Re: Deals on comics...one day digital specials...News....chat
« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2017, 08:29:01 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Why did I click on the link...
Must. Resist. I need SDCC funds!

Love the Greg Hildebrandt covers!!

Sorry :) but I know what you mean, I had to grab some a couple of the 70s issues.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #136 on: July 12, 2017, 05:02:26 PM »
Who is the AD signed by? Is it Snyder, Lemire, or both? I can't seem to find it on the page.

Sorry for the late update, but my copy just arrived to day and it is signed by both.

There is also an SDCC exclusive version at the Image booth, but all of the Snyder and Lemire signings are wristbanded. Snyder could be tricky since his Batman books are so popular, (I can never predict these things though.)

I hate to post this this close to SDCC but Folio Society is having a rare sale on some of their (always beautiful) books.

These ones are super expensive, but I like to go through them and drool.  "Tales from the 1001 Nights" with Salvador Dalí’s watercolors is down to $1055  :(

If nothing else FS tends to publish interesting stuff, so if you see a title you don't know in a field that you are interested in it's probably worth checking out in a more affordable edition.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #137 on: Today at 12:45:41 AM »

Offline RTFirefly

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 35
« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2017, 12:40:35 PM »
Sorry for the late update, but my copy just arrived to day and it is signed by both.

There is also an SDCC exclusive version at the Image booth, but all of the Snyder and Lemire signings are wristbanded. Snyder could be tricky since his Batman books are so popular, (I can never predict these things though.)

Awesome! I just ordered a copy as well (even though I have the three issue series)! Thanks for letting me know.

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2017, 12:48:22 PM »
today only (i think)6.22.14
free on itunes, Warren Ellis' new book Trees

I'm loving the concept altho i haven't read it yet 'cuz my dealer is an hr & a half away... yeah, i realize how that sounds
but i've always been spooked by Treebeard & his crew too

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From BotCon

New TF series DRIFT: EMPIRE OF STONE by @Shane_McCarthy & @Guido_Guidi Cover by @markerguru & @jcburcham #BotCon2014

Trees is a great book!  I also visit my LCS every couple of months so I'll have issues to catch up on when I return from SDCC
Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2017, 11:38:10 PM »
Batman Day Harley Quinn 2017

September 23, 2017

the details of the “free” comic books being given away

BATMAN DAY 2017 SPECIAL EDITION #1 reprints BATMAN #16, the first chapter of “I Am Bane,” written by Tom King with art by David Finch. This issue’s cover art is by Ryan Sook and features Batman and Harley Quinn in a homage to THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS #1. This issue also includes a new, three-page original story written by Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti with art by Bret Blevins. It includes a digital download code.

HARLEY QUINN BATMAN DAY 2017 SPECIAL EDITION #1 reprints HARLEY QUINN #11, the first chapter of “Joker Loves Harley,” written by Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti with art by John Timms and a cover by Amanda Conner. It also includes a digital download code.

DC SUPER HERO GIRLS BATMAN DAY 2017 SPECIAL EDITION #1 features a chapter of the upcoming all-ages original graphic novel DC SUPER HERO GIRLS: OUT OF THE BOTTLE, starring Harley Quinn and written by Shea Fontana with art by Marcelo DiChiara and Agnes Garbowska and a cover by Yancey Labat. And, you guess it, includes a digital download code.

There will also be four new paper masks for stores to give away

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2017, 08:46:20 PM »

Lots of all ages comics from @IDWPublishing are on sale for up to 50% off until 8/14! You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2017, 04:36:38 PM »

In celebration of the 25th Anniversary of WildStorm Studios, DC Entertainment announced today that nearly 200 individual WildStorm issues will be on sale for digital download for $.99 each from August 22-29.

Including almost 150 issues available digitally for the first time ever, fans can experience the universe of WildStorm that showcased masterpieces from creators Jim Lee (WILDC.A.T.S), Warren Ellis (THE AUTHORITY, THE WILD STORM), Garth Ennis (MIDNIGHTER) and more. Individual titles include issues from popular series including GRIFTER, WILDC.A.T.S, STORMWATCH, THE AUTHORITY and many more.

Comic fans can take advantage of this special anniversary offer from DCE across all digital platforms including readdcentertainment.com, ComiXology, Amazon Kindle Store, Google Play, Nook Store, and iBooks.

The 25th Anniversary celebration will continue throughout the Fall, with a special collection releasing in October. WILDSTORM: A CELEBRATION OF 25 YEARS will include reprints of WildStorm’s greatest stories, behind-the-scenes looks and brand-new material from some of comics’ legendary creative teams.

For more information on DC’s digital comic offerings, and for details on the anniversary collection please visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #142 on: October 22, 2017, 03:06:12 PM »

In honor of the holidays, IDW Publishing is hosting our HORROR SALE featuring your favorite haunting titles, including Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez's Locke & Key! Dare to take a closer look - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #143 on: October 22, 2017, 05:45:20 PM »
Just picked up the Locke & Key series...been told it was great, so this was timely.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #144 on: November 07, 2017, 06:45:57 PM »
Right now on comixology you can preorder a digital release of what looks like a pretty cool project. Harvey Kurtzman had started an adaptation of Dicken's Christmas Carol in the 50s and some other folks (Gideon Kendall, Shannon Wheeler and Josh O'Neil) just finished it. Releases tomorrow.

It's on sale for $2.99 right now

Story about the project here

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2017, 01:20:04 PM »
Entertainment Earth is having a special today. If you buy $49 of in-stock items they will include their exclusive Diana Prince pop for free. They are also having a buy 4 funkos and get the 5th one free, plus free shipping for funkos if you spend $49 or more.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #146 on: December 19, 2017, 07:24:18 AM »

The only thing that’s better than a shiny new tablet for Christmas is a shiny new tablet that’s loaded with digital comics. Fortunately, you can make that happen with these massive Comixology holiday sales. Thousands of comics are up for grabs with huge discounts, and the biggest deals are broken down into the following categories:

- Get up to 80% off Marvel comics
- Get up to 88% off DC comics
- Get up to 78% off Star Wars comics
- Save 50% Boom Studios comics using the code 'BOOM50' at checkout
- Save 55% on IDW comics using the code 'IDW' at checkout
- Save up to 65% on Titan comics hits

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2018, 10:36:19 AM »
One day discount on ebay, 20% off with the code PSPRING20, ends 8pm Pacific 3/9/2018.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2018, 03:06:03 PM »
i got my biological dad's pulp sci fi collection when he passed- I'm trying to stablize them before i put them into storage--- wow...... I am amazed at the classic stories--
It's like a window into the writing process- a lot of these were published here first before then went into print-

if anyone is selling a collection of old pulp books- i'm in the market <yes, one more thing i am collecting ;) >

« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 03:10:55 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2018, 08:31:15 PM »
I love those old pulps, don't really collect them in any organized way but pick them up whenever I find them cheap. I always find it fun to read something in the manner it was first published, plus all of the other things like book and film reviews, even the ads.

If you have any of the early 60s Science Fantasy books (why are so many of the journal titles so search engine unfriendly?) look for early Moorcock/Elric issues, he's at SVCC this year.