Author Topic: Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi ***SPOILERS***  (Read 9675 times)

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
Re: Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2017, 09:21:35 PM »
Night, won by Carrie's Gary:

garyfisher Just watched the new trailer of The Last Jedi and my mom looks more beautiful than ever.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2017, 05:50:34 AM »
Managed to get tickets for my husband. I'm going to give them to him on his birthday in a couple of weeks.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi ***SPOILERS***
« Reply #17 on: Today at 12:48:31 PM »

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2017, 06:56:21 AM »
Already got my ticket for Irvine, California for Thursday, December 14 at 9:30 pm for a 3D IMAX experience
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 01:47:29 PM by Andrew Costa Mesa »
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline TheOtherMel

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 125
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 11:47:03 AM »
Bought my tix for the fam for the first Sat.

Anybody else like the energy of major movies on the first weekend? I just enjoy the vibe, it kinda feels like a mini, mini Comicon waiting in line with like minded folks.
Twitter feed: @mel641

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2017, 03:26:22 PM »
Got my tickets for a double feature The Force Awakens/Last Jedi event opening night with commemorative popcorn bucket and "other prizes." Cost $30 but heck yeah this sounds amazing. The theater has huge reclining chairs and the biggest theater screens in Hawai'i.

Offline BenEatsRice

• Gaming Lounge
  • Waiting In Line
  • Liked: 150
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2017, 07:09:49 PM »
I can't stop watching the trailer. I just keep watching it over and over.
 :o :o :o
What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2017, 09:48:22 AM »
Bought my tix for the fam for the first Sat.

Anybody else like the energy of major movies on the first weekend? I just enjoy the vibe, it kinda feels like a mini, mini Comicon waiting in line with like minded folks.

Totally, a good crowd makes everything better.  Even if it's not a new movie, we've been doing more of the special screenings at the SF Alamo Drafthouse (Sean of the Dead in a few weeks :) ) and the people that attend these are such great fans that, even though I've seen some of the movies a ton of times,  I enjoy it even more.

Got my tickets for a double feature The Force Awakens/Last Jedi event opening night with commemorative popcorn bucket and "other prizes." Cost $30 but heck yeah this sounds amazing. The theater has huge reclining chairs and the biggest theater screens in Hawai'i.

I'm a big fan of this trend, especially when you can reserve the seats. One of the Cinemark theaters close to us just upgraded to recliners.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2017, 03:16:09 PM »
We got tickets for Thursday in a new AMC theater that just opened up less than a mile away from us. They have reserved seating and the recliner seats too. We think we got tickets because people didn't know it was already open. We got Alamo Drafthouse for Friday, but DH tried AMC and there were tons of seats left, even well after we bought ours. I am looking forward to checking out this theater (and the recliners!).
Ang

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2017, 08:18:39 AM »
Our AMC got remodeled also and so it was odd grabbing tickets.  Tons of showings but they are all small theaters.  I haven't been since they made it reserved so I wonder if the large theaters are still being remodeled.  I hope they kept them.  Imax doesn't have a showing until 11pm which is also odd.   So small theater for me the first time around.

I can't do Alamo Draft House for these films.  I want no interruptions, plus it's just too dam expensive for a movie there.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2017, 11:55:24 AM »

Offline lilredrubi74

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 141
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2017, 07:13:07 AM »
We were able to snag tickets on the IMAX for Friday my daughter has finals that week so she didn’t want to go on Thursday night since she has Pre-Cal final Friday morning. We also have tickets at the Alamo Drafthouse for Sunday afternoon. I’m trying so hard to stay away from spoilers and its killing me 😂

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2017, 07:56:12 AM »
What is it with these movies coming out right when the kids have finals? :) We're in the same boat. I also realized that I had bought 4 Alamo tickets for Saturday but that I have my mom flying in that day for the holidays.  (I don't know if anyone else has this problem, I seem to make these different sorts of plans with completely separate parts of my brain, and end up with scheduling issues since they don't talk to each other :( )

So now I have to choose between being a bad father or a bad son. And I'm already bad since I bought a 9am Friday IMAX ticket just for me.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2017, 01:27:45 PM »
Our AMC got remodeled also and so it was odd grabbing tickets.  Tons of showings but they are all small theaters.  I haven't been since they made it reserved so I wonder if the large theaters are still being remodeled.  I hope they kept them.  Imax doesn't have a showing until 11pm which is also odd.   So small theater for me the first time around.

I can't do Alamo Draft House for these films.  I want no interruptions, plus it's just too dam expensive for a movie there.

Hopefully you get an AMC Prime out of the remodel, more of a major "sonic upgrade" to the smaller theater venue. Price about same as Imax showings.  I'm planning on doing an early morning Harkins showing with a group then solo at AMC Prime showing in the afternoon.

• Pre-Registration
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2017, 09:27:56 PM »
This is an article that was just published tonight on the Los Angeles Daily News website.

Here's a link to the article:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Los Angeles Daily News, Monday, December 4, 2017, 5:06pm PST

HERE'S WHY "STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI" STAR DAISY RIDLEY SAYS REY IS MISSING HAN SOLO, WORRIED ABOUT FINN

By ROB LOWMAN, Los Angeles Daily News

With less than 2 weeks until the opening “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” Disney and Lucasfilm have kept the film tightly under wraps.

Castmembers got to see it last week, but the press won’t see director Rian Johnson’s film until Dec. 9 and are embargoed from reviewing it until the 12th. The official description of the movie is “an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.”

Still, despite the director and cast being extremely guarded about the film, we gleaned information about it from the press day for “The Last Jedi.”

Here’s the first:

Many of the character’s who were together in “The Force Awakens” won’t have as much screen time together in the new film.

Daisy Ridley, who plays the trilogy’s heroine Rey, says she was taken by the fact that many of the characters of “Force” are off on their own adventures.

At the end of “Force,” we see Rey arriving with R2-D2 on the planet where Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) has been hiding out. While either of them could be the “Last Jedi” of the title, it’s expected that, like in “The Empire Strikes Back” where Yoda trained Luke to become a Jedi knight, Luke will train Rey.

Hamill was coy about this. But when asked if his character would miss Harrison’s Ford’s Han Solo, who was killed at the end of “The Force Awakens,” John Boyega, who plays Rey’s pal Finn, indicated he would have other things on his mind.

“Rey is off training. She’s got stuff to do,” says Boyega. “Finn’s got stuff to do. I can’t think about Han at the moment.”

Ridley looked at it differently. She had earlier noted that “people had responded so well to John and I as a team” and that when she read the script for “Jedi,” “I was a little bit nervous about not being a team so much in this one.”

“For me, the film was a challenge because of the different combinations of people,” says the 25-year-old actress. “There are new people we’re learning about and meeting for the first time.”

While the others may not miss Han, Ridley’s Rey saw him as a father figure.

“The beauty of the storylines happening in tandem is that Rey is very much affected by (Han’s death),” she says. “In the first film, Rey has been alone for a very long time and she is really open to love and friendship when Finn comes along, and there is this amazing adventure.”

When Han enters Rey’s life, “Rey seeks something from him, because he’s a sort of figure she’s never dreamed of, and everything is new to her,” Ridley says. So she begins understanding things in a different way. “There’s an intimacy and there’s a sort of figure of something she’s never dreamed of for her that gets snatched away.”

Apparently alluding to the new film without letting out too much, Ridley says that Rey is trying to get grip on everything that’s going on “while everything is moving forward. She has some time to think about questions about what would lead someone to do that. So I’d say she’s a little more affected, at least emotionally, onscreen.”

Adding, “And she’s worried about Finn at home."

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi” opens Dec. 15.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 01:22:36 PM by Andrew Costa Mesa »
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017

• Pre-Registration
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2017, 01:09:19 AM »
I should add I noticed in the trailer there appears to be a light saber battle between Finn and Captain Phasma.  Gwendoline Christie appeared on "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" this evening and he asked her if she takes her mask off in the upcoming film.  She wouldn't say but alludes to the fight her character has with Finn.  Also at the end of the trailer, it appears Rey is tempted to allow Kylo Ren to coerce her to join him and the Dark Side.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 11:52:22 AM by Andrew Costa Mesa »
D23 Expo 2017