Author Topic: NYCC 2017 Changes to Ticket Buying Process  (Read 14270 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
NYCC 2017 Changes to Ticket Buying Process
« on: March 17, 2017, 07:56:09 AM »
NYCC Fans,
It's that time of the year again and we've got a few NYCC updates for you. (Nah, sorry, no dates for on-sale yet!)

First: We will be requiring Fan Verification again in order to buy a NYCC 2017 ticket or have one purchased for you. Fan Verification will open on April 19, 2017 for anyone who didn't create a profile last year. Anyone who fills out a Fan Verification profile will have access to the limited quantity ticket on-sale at a later date. If you're new to NYCC and have questions about this process or just need a refresher, check out our FAQs.

Second: Anyone who created a Fan Verification profile in 2016, your profiles will carry over in 2017. Hip-hip hooray! As an extra thank you, we're giving fans with NYCC 2016 profiles first crack at a limited number of tickets with a special NYCC 2017 ticket presale. Only fans with NYCC 2016 Fan Verification profiles will be able to purchase tickets during the presale or have one purchased for and assigned to them. Quantities for the presale will be limited and if you're unable to get the tickets you want, you'll have another chance during the general on-sale happening at a later date.

Keep an eye on your inbox - our fam at ShowClix will be sending you a note (from [email protected]) to either confirm that your 2016 details are correct or allow you to update them. This is important. If you don't update or confirm your details, you could miss out on the presale. If you had a Fan Verification profile in 2016, but don't receive that email by Tuesday, March 21, please email [email protected] with the email address you used last year to Fan Verify and our customer service superheroes can assist.

Third: We're going to be real with you, this is a very bittersweet announcement - we are eliminating 3-Day and 4-Day tickets. We will only be selling single day Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Sunday Kids tickets to NYCC 2017.

You may or may not know that the Javits Center is going to be under construction. This means we'll be working with some space limitations and we want to make sure as many people have the opportunity to buy a ticket and come to the show as possible. Selling only single day tickets will give more fans the chance to buy a ticket for at least a day to experience the fun of NYCC.

Fourth: We hear you and we want to make the ticket buying process as smooth as possible. This year, tickets will go on sale during the weekend. We polled our Facebook event and you answered saying Saturday and Sunday were the best days for us to launch tickets. We'll do what we can to choose the most requested day and use the second choice as a backup. (And yes, we hear that you don't like the virtual queue, but unfortunately it isn't going away. Despite popular opinion, it keeps our website from crashing. We're working with ShowClix to improve the queue.)

As always, thank you for your commitment and passion for NYCC. We're looking forward to giving you even more amazing content across fantastic venues to experience with us. We can't wait to reveal more of what we've been working on for you.

If you have any questions, please reach out to our team via email [email protected] or submit questions through our NYCC Facebook page (take a look at our timeline for the exact photo to comment with your questions). We'll be hosting a Facebook Live Q&A with our team to answer your burning questions and provide any clarity around these changes and the upcoming on-sale. Our Facebook Live Q&A will be going live on Monday, March 20 at 3:30 PM EDT.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 01:17:32 PM by Devorah »

Offline Transmute Jun

Re: 2017 Ticket changes
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 07:56:42 AM »
So they're moving to a single days tickets only model like SDCC, and they're having a pre-sale for everyone who actually followed the rules and fan verified last year. Nice!

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: NYCC 2017 Changes to Ticket Buying Process
« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:55:49 PM »

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 08:00:48 AM »
Well...this is an interesting development.  I like that you can participate in the NYCC presale even if you were unable to obtain tickets.
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 08:03:31 AM »
what are the prices of the individual days... 3 day were $65 which basically means they are going triple their profits. This shows attention to fans in regards to tickets does in my opinion get a bit weaker each year

will they combine tickets to one badge if you get all days like SDCC, carrying around 4 badges is pleh.

Assuming press and Pro will still just have one badge. just so many questions.
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 08:09:07 AM »
Third: We're going to be real with you..

You may or may not know that the Javits Center is going to be under construction. This means we'll be working with some space limitations and we want to make sure as many people have the opportunity to buy a ticket and come to the show as possible.

also can i be real back: will they bring the 3 and 4 day badges back after construction is completed

Offline zammap

• Exhibit Hall
    • www.zammap.com
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 08:10:04 AM »
Omg the whole badge thing is gonna piss off so many people yet at the same time you won't get people buying the weekend passes just to use them for sat

Still wondering about PRo passes

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 08:12:32 AM »
I mean the last 2 years I've been doing press so I intend to go press but I have family that needs tickets adn they go all 4 days, what are the buying limits on each ticket type....

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 08:14:13 AM »
Another interesting tidbit I almost missed...

"We'll be hosting a Facebook Live Q&A with our team to answer your burning questions and provide any clarity around these changes and the upcoming on-sale. Our Facebook Live Q&A will be going live on Monday, March 20 at 3:30 PM EDT."

...get your burning questions ready! --- while many of us will be at work or school.
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 08:30:15 AM »
And I just got my fan verification email.

We’ve got good news and bad news.

The bad news is this email is not going to tell you when NYCC tickets are going on sale. (Sorry.)

The good news is you’ll find out in the next few months. Until then, we need you to confirm your personal details from your 2016 fan verification profile so you receive 2017 ticket updates from us. Please either confirm the info below or click to update it!

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 08:33:00 AM »
And once I confirmed everything, this is the message I got.

Your New York Comic Con 2017 Fan Verification is complete!
You are now Fan Verified and will have the opportunity to purchase NYCC 2017 tickets when they go on sale. You will only hear from us if we have questions, so you can rest easy!

Please note: Fan Verification provides you the opportunity to buy NYCC tickets, but does not guarantee them. NYCC tickets will still be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Prior to NYCC tickets going on sale, you will receive a unique link to purchase NYCC tickets in your inbox. Make sure you add [email protected] and [email protected] to your contacts and mark it as safe so emails from us don't filter into your spam or junk folders. The unique link will arrive in your inbox approximately 48 hours before on-sale. We will not be announcing the on-sale date prior to 48 hours before tickets sales are live so continue to monitor your inbox and follow the NYCC social channels for updates.

If you have any questions please reach out to our team via email [email protected].

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 09:10:26 AM »

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 09:26:42 AM »
About a $100 mark up on tickets versus last year

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2017, 09:39:53 AM »
Got the same emails as TJ showed here.
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline mlgagne

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • By what right does the wolf judge the lion?
    • FoCC Blog Articles - mlgagne
  • Liked: 882
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2017, 09:42:22 AM »
I have received the e-mails as well. And I just confirmed my fan verification profile, too :)

Going to have to go through all of these changes more thoroughly tonight - busy day at work, haha!
SDCC: 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019
WonderCon: 2017 | 2018 | 2019
NYCC: 2012 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016
Walker Stalker Con: 2015 (San Diego) | 2017 (Atlanta)

Offline littlenemo

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2017, 11:55:14 AM »
For NYCC attendees that really want all 4 days, we will have to work together through buying groups on the day tix go on sale.