Author Topic: It's over, let the Post Comic-Con Depression begin.  (Read 10519 times)

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
Re: It's over, let the Post Comic-Con Depression begin.
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2017, 07:23:12 PM »
Was like a long busy week, and doing what can to catch up on rest lol. since discoverd a new comic shop can go and find any thing possible try plan for next year and get anything signed. besides try get any i tried to get before con but was trying to save get at con lol

Offline Lavendar

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 71
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2017, 07:42:47 PM »
SDCC has a tendency to keep your heart rate up, planning, anticipation, attending.  find things to get your heart rate going to minimize con depression.  I plan to keep walking as much as I can. 

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 08:42:59 AM »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2017, 08:27:05 PM »
Still slowly making my way home, but the depression is definitely setting in. The thing that's keeping me upbeat is that I am going to GenCon in 3 weeks!

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2017, 08:43:47 PM »
I.  Am.  Fried.  Took a four hour nap today.  It was bliss.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2017, 09:13:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I had a crown crack in half and fall out during the show.  I was at the dentist at 8 am.

I kept falling asleep in the chair and he was yelling at me to wake up.  :)

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2017, 09:16:50 PM »
I did not even have the energy to go through the mess that is my dining area where I threw everything at the end of each Con day. My apartment is a mess. I didn't shower until 4pm today. I'm glad I took tomorrow off too b/c I am still so tired and need to clean up this damn house. I think once my exhaustion wanes a bit, I will feel the depression.....for now, I am still recovering physically.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2017, 09:22:37 PM »
By the way, if folks are getting for-real depression, please talk to someone.  It's normal to feel a little deflated like the day after Christmas, but if it gets extreme or goes on for too long, please find someone to talk to about it.

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2017, 11:54:01 PM »
Yknow, I don't ever think I've experienced a con depression.  I usually keep a tight schedule and am walking from one end of the hall to another , back outside, then back into the hall.  After running on fumes by Sunday, I'm more exhausted and relieved that it's all over.  I had goals I set out to do and I executed my game plan and got 90% of what I wanted to do done.  I feel like there is nothing to be depressed about.

Plus now is the time I start going through all the things I grabbed and bought.  I think the number of books, magazines and art I collected over the past five days keep me from feeling depressed. 

Offline Keyframegirl

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 42
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2017, 07:28:13 AM »

Nap? What are these mythical things called naps?!  ;)

I'm back at work and jet-lagged and having trouble keeping my eyes open. And blue, I'm so glad I got to do everything I did, but sad it's over and that it will be another year or more until I get to go back.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2017, 07:38:11 AM »
Nap? What are these mythical things called naps?!  ;)

I'm back at work and jet-lagged and having trouble keeping my eyes open. And blue, I'm so glad I got to do everything I did, but sad it's over and that it will be another year or more until I get to go back.
This is me.

I tried going to sleep early last night, to get my bod back on east coast time...not...didn't get to actual sleep until 1:30a...4.5 hours of sleep...ugh...coffee is my friend this morning...well, it is every morning, but particularly post-con.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2017, 07:47:22 AM »
Back at work this morning. Taking a few moments to read posts helps keep the blues at bay. I am in denial about my work email right now. Maybe it will go away if I ignore it...

Now to get ready for Dragon Con!
Ang

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Instagram: @ComicConFamily
    • Comic Con Family
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2017, 07:49:57 AM »
I'm always a bit down for the first week after. I really should learn to take an extra day off to decompress, but we travel home on Monday and I'm back working today - with tons to catch up on. Exhausted, but I miss it already. Will take a few days for me to feel back to normal, but I try to make it easier by focusing on post-con articles I need to write.

I did not even have the energy to go through the mess that is my dining area where I threw everything at the end of each Con day.

YES! Same here.
SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2017, 08:02:41 AM »
This is me.

I tried going to sleep early last night, to get my bod back on east coast time...not...didn't get to actual sleep until 1:30a...4.5 hours of sleep...ugh...coffee is my friend this morning...well, it is every morning, but particularly post-con.

I have the reverse problem, I'm still waking up way too early.

I'm waiting for the various rights holders to put up video of their SDCC panels so I can watch the ones I missed. BBC America already did. No one else seems to have. Considering BBC America's panels were the last ones at CC, they were really fast. I know there are some up recorded by the crowd but I rather wait for the quality of the official ones.

Offline dcuodust

• Hall H
  • To me, my board!
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2017, 10:17:26 AM »
I was really depressed Sunday morning on the trolley ride down and walking the floor. I came down with Sinusitis Wednesday morning and Saturday in particular was hellish for me. I was thinking was it worth it this year, did I enjoy it, make the best of my time, etc. But Sunday turned out good and overall I enjoyed myself. I got a lot of compliments on my cosplay and attended some interesting panels.
What are you, Worf? Do you tremble and quake with fear at the approach of combat? Hoping to talk your way out of a fight like a Human? Or do you hear the cry of the warrior, calling you to battle, calling you to glory like a Klingon?
- Gowron, Chancellor of the Klingon High Council

Offline thelisalower

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2017, 12:11:16 PM »
I tend to start feeling anxiety about it being over on Sunday. Then walking around and seeing all the things vanish on Monday leaves me feeling so sad. Now that I'm home I'm longing for the escape again. SDCC is the only
place where I can truly feel like I belong and it's always SO HARD to come back to my life. I'm watching LOTR today and looking at all my pictures. I leave for another trip tomorrow and should help distract me. Thank god for this forum. I love that I'm not alone with this feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro