Author Topic: SDCC 2018 Returning Registration Buying Groups  (Read 7908 times)

Offline rocki09

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 9
Re: SDCC 2018 Returning Registration Buying Groups
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2017, 02:55:25 AM »
With the Comic Con prices coming out and Registration ending Oct 6 I think its going to be late Oct/Early Nov

Offline kihou

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2017, 09:53:36 AM »
My husband and I applied on the form, hoping that it is not too late to be considered at least (we know we aren't guaranteed).  This would be our third time at SDCC, and both years prior we just tried for tickets by ourselves, so we are interested in learning more about a buying group to increase our odds and hopefully help others out as well.  If we don't make it into a group this year, we will definitely be looking for more info next year :)  Thanks all for organizing it! 

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 02:19:18 AM »

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2017, 04:54:03 PM »
I clicked on the link in this thread earlier.  the buying group has 5 people max ?  is that true ?  I just don't want to misunderstand it. 

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2017, 06:21:54 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I clicked on the link in this thread earlier.  the buying group has 5 people max ?  is that true ?  I just don't want to misunderstand it.

No. I think what you saw was a question asking how many people are in YOUR group. So for example if you need badges for yourself, your spouse and your child, that would be a group of 3.

Offline angeladominguez

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2017, 05:44:50 PM »
My husband and I qualify for returning registration. That means we would have 1 spot left if we can get into anyone group!

Offline Praetorian011

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2017, 05:55:12 PM »
Returning Registration on 10/28, its official!! :)

Offline dixie626

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2017, 10:15:34 AM »
Can anyone share what your Google sheets doc looks like?  (The doc you use during the sale.) Trying to set up my own buying group with people I know from work, but I'm trying to figure out how the buying order is randomized so it's fair for everyone.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 10:57:42 AM by dixie626 »

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2017, 11:08:08 AM »
With the Comic Con prices coming out and Registration ending Oct 6 I think its going to be late Oct/Early Nov

You guessed right!

2018 SDCC Badge Prices

compare SDCC 2017 Badge prices at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

[member=314]Transmute Jun[/member]  just a quick note.  The CCI You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login page added the following

All purchases are subject to a $5 handling fee per member.

So if buying three badges, factor in the cost of each member's handling fee.

edit:  full text for archive

Returning Registration

Comic-Con 2018 Returning Registration will begin shortly after 9:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on Saturday, October 28.  We encourage you to read all of the information below and bookmark Toucan - the Official Blog of Comic-Con and WonderCon [1] - for important instructions on how to participate.

Although we strongly recommend that you read all of the information on this page, here are the top six tips for Comic-Con 2018 Returning Registration:

- Your browser should have JavaScript and cookies enabled to function reliably in the Expo Logic waiting room.
- You can purchase badges for up to three people — yourself included — if you are selected for a registration session. Each person must have their own Comic-Con Member ID and must be eligible to participate in Returning Registration. You may not purchase badges for others using your own Member ID.
- In order to purchase a badge for another eligible attendee, you will need their last name and Member ID.
- You must enter the waiting room before 9:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). To enter the waiting room, you will need your personal registration code.
- Only use one browser tab or instance when trying to purchase badges. Multiple tabs within the same browser can confuse the waiting room/badge sales process and cause your transaction to fail.
- Add [email protected] and [email protected] as an approved/authorized sender to your email account.

Comic-Con 2018 Returning Registration is open to all Comic-Con 2017 paid attendees. First-time attendees, professionals, guest of professionals (paid or complimentary), trade professionals, exhibitors (and exhibitor-purchased attendee badges), retailers, volunteers, staff, complimentary passes, and press are not eligible to participate in Returning Registration. Registration for these categories will occur at a later date.

To see if you are eligible to participate in Returning Registration, log in to your Member ID account [3]and select the “Registration Info” tab. Please keep in mind that not all eligible attendees will be able to purchase a badge during Returning Registration. There are more eligible attendees than badges available. You can increase your chances of obtaining a badge by reading the following instructions carefully and having your personal information ready on the day of the sale.

[4]

BADGE TYPE              Adult      Junior**    U.S. Military / Senior**

Preview Night         $45.00    $23.00    $23.00
Thursday                $63.00    $31.00    $31.00
Friday                    $63.00    $31.00    $31.00
Saturday                $63.00    $31.00    $31.00
Sunday                  $42.00    $21.00    $21.00

**Children 12 and under are free with a paying adult. [5] Juniors (age 13 -17) pay junior prices. Seniors (60 years and older) pay the Military/Senior reduced price. Active-duty military with ID pay the Military/Senior price. This deal does not extend to military dependents.

[6]

To help restrict ineligible members from entering the Expo Logic waiting room, Comic-Con requires that you enter your personal registration code to access the Expo Logic waiting room. The link to the waiting room and your personal registration code will be sent to you via email at least 48 hours prior to Returning Registration. You will also be able to access the waiting room link and your registration code in your Member ID account at that time.

Each registration code is good for one entry into the Expo Logic waiting room. Your registration code will authorize one browser and one device only. Do not share your registration code! If you share your registration code with another person or attempt to enter your registration code on multiple devices or browsers, the new device/browser will be authorized and your old session will expire.

If your family plans to authorize multiple registration codes for entry to the waiting room, you must enter each code on a unique browser or device. Attempting to enter a registration code using multiple tabs within the same browser will confuse the registration process and cause your transaction to fail. Remember: One browser instance per registration code!

[7]

The Preview Night badge option may only be purchased if you buy a Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday badge. Preview Night is not a stand-alone option. As in previous years, if you purchase all four daily badges (Thursday through Sunday) they will be automatically converted to a 4-Day badge. You cannot opt-out of consolidation. 

Children age 12 and under are free with a paying adult. Click here for more information on our Child Badge Policy. [5]

Comic-Con accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express only. We're sorry, but we do not accept PayPal. If your debit card has a Visa or MasterCard logo, you will be able to use it for purchase.

PURCHASING BADGES FOR OTHERS

During Returning Registration you may purchase badges for up to THREE people total, yourself included.

• Each individual you are purchasing for must be eligible to participate and they must have their own confirmed Comic-Con Member ID account.
  • You will need the Member ID and last name for all individuals you are buying for. You do not need their Member ID password.
  • You may not purchase badges for others using your own Comic-Con Member ID.

[8]

The Expo Logic waiting room and badge registration system has been tested on the following browsers. We cannot guarantee your results should you use a browser not listed below:

Firefox: Any version
Google Chrome: Any version
Internet Explorer: Version 11
Safari: Version 7 or later
Microsoft EDGE: Any version

Attempting to purchase badges using multiple tabs within the same browser will confuse the badge sale process and cause your transaction to fail. Only use one browser tab when trying to purchase badges.

Your browser should have JavaScript and cookies enabled to function reliably with the Expo Logic waiting room. These features are usually enabled in the default configuration of most modern web browsers. If you do not have these features enabled, it is possible that the waiting room application will not function properly.

The Expo Logic badge registration system is not formatted for iPad, tablets, or mobile devices. Although mobile devices can be used to purchase a badge, Comic-Con is unable to guarantee that the registration system will behave as expected using a mobile device.

Please make sure your computer's power saving setting are off or adjust them if needed. You do not want your computer to power down or go to sleep while you are in the Expo Logic waiting room.

[9]

Do not refresh while you are in the Expo Logic waiting room! The Expo Logic waiting room will automatically refresh every 120 seconds. If the blue circle is spinning, your page is active! Refreshing your browser in the waiting room may cause technical difficulties or remove you from the waiting room.

If at any time you are disconnected from the Expo Logic waiting room, simply return to the landing page and enter your personal registration code again. You will be put back in the same random group you were assigned. This only applies to registration codes that were authorized prior to 9:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).

Your personal registration code will only authorize one device and one browser to enter the Expo Logic waiting room. If you attempt to enter your registration code on a different device and/or browser, your registration code will authorize the NEW device and your old device and/or browser session will expire. You may not run multiple tabs or sessions of the waiting room within the same browser. We strongly recommend that you log in to the waiting room using only the computer and browser you plan to use on the day of the sale.

The Expo Logic landing page will open for registration code entry at 8:00 AM PDT on the day of the badge sale. You do not need to rush to the landing page at 8:00 AM PDT! Eligible attendees will have one full hour to enter their registration code and authorize their device/browser to enter the waiting room. Early arrival to the waiting room does not provide any advantage over those who arrive later than you.

Shortly after 9:00 AM PDT, Expo Logic will begin randomly moving groups from the waiting room to a registration session. It does not matter what time you entered the waiting room and entry to the waiting room does not guarantee you a registration session. Not all members will be selected for a registration session.

The Expo Logic waiting room will close for entry at 9:00 AM PDT. You cannot enter the waiting room after 9:00 AM PDT! Admittance to the waiting room does not guarantee you a badge or a registration session.

If you are selected for a registration session, you will need to enter an eligible Comic-Con Member ID and LAST NAME. Do not enter your Member ID and password. Only Member IDs that have not yet been used for a registration session will be eligible.

Once you have successfully logged in to a registration session, you will be prompted to select the number of people you are purchasing badges for during the sale: 1, 2, or 3. Pay close attention to the number of people you select, as you will not be able to return to this page.

You will have 15 minutes to complete your entire registration session and purchase! We strongly recommend having your credit card information ready and all of the Member IDs and last names of the people you are purchasing badges for. A delay in inputting this information may cause your session to expire.

*Important* It is critical that you do not use your browser’s back button during any step of your registration session! If you need to remove a badge selection, you will be given the option on the final review page. Comic-Con International cannot guarantee that your Expo Logic registration session will behave as expected if you use your back button during any step of the registration process.

[10]

While Comic-Con has made every effort to make the badge purchase experience fair for everyone, it is possible that problems outside of our control could result in the system not working as planned. The possibility exists that anti-virus, anti-spyware, and anti-malware software may aggressively block browser cookies, JavaScript, or other operation of modern web applications. It is also possible that user error, specific hardware problems, local ISP issues, or simply the extremely high level of demand beyond our control may result in your computer and/or browser not behaving as described above. While Comic-Con has done extensive testing, we make no guarantees that your efforts will result in a successful badge purchase regardless of when you enter the process.

As always, we are sincerely grateful for your continued support and interest in our event. We know that purchasing a badge can be a challenge and we are constantly exploring options to improve your online registration experience. We will continue to offer deeply discounted rates for juniors, seniors, and active-duty members of the military, as well as one of the most generous free child badge policies [5] in the comic convention industry.
Source URL: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Links:
[1] You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
[2] You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
[3] You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
[4] You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
[5] You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
[6] You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
[7] You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
[8] You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
[9] You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
[10] You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 12:45:39 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2017, 11:08:39 AM »
Can anyone share what your Google sheets doc looks like?  (The doc you use during the sale.) Trying to set up my own buying group with people I know from work, but I'm trying to figure out how the buying order is randomized so it's fair for everyone.

Unfortunately we cannot share google sheets with you.   We have invested a lot of time and work into them and it would be unfair to the creators to share them with anyone else.

Each of our group buys differently so as for making it fair you will need to discuss with your group.  I know some of ours do lottery, some first come first serve, and others just pick who they buy for.  Would discuss with your group what they think is more fair.   Good luck

2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline dixie626

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2017, 11:23:40 AM »
Each of our group buys differently so as for making it fair you will need to discuss with your group.  I know some of ours do lottery, some first come first serve, and others just pick who they buy for.  Would discuss with your group what they think is more fair.   Good luck

Thanks.  Finding it a little tricky since our group includes two married couples - who I don't think would want to go without their spouse.  Any suggestions on how you normally handle that?  I'll probably just discuss with them but open to suggestions.

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2017, 11:24:08 AM »

[member=314]Transmute Jun[/member]  just a quick note.  The CCI You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login page added the following

So if buying three badges, factor in the cost of each member's handling fee.

Aaargh! Hulk smash! I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate added fees. They're deceptive and smarmy. I understand CCI has costs, but if they need a $5 processing fee per member, then they should just work it in to the badge price. So many people will not see this note and then will just get hit with a random fee at the end, with no choice but to pay it. It leaves a bad impression right when you should be celebrating successfully getting a badge.

Ugh, seriously, I am deeply angry about this. Off to go readjust my budget spreadsheet...

ETA: Also, can [member=1]alyssa[/member] or another mod add this note to the official "2018 Badge Prices" thread? I'd like fellow FoCC members to be prepared for it, at least...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 11:27:07 AM by semigeekgirl »

Offline Louie_rob_m

• Hall H
  • Liked: 364
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2017, 11:48:42 AM »
You can just put their names in an online randomizer, And everyone gets what they get.

Or you can create an online sign up sheet or process That is 1st come 1st serve. Then you can set the buying order based on the order everyone responded

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2017, 12:17:34 PM »
Aaargh! Hulk smash! I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate added fees. They're deceptive and smarmy. I understand CCI has costs, but if they need a $5 processing fee per member, then they should just work it in to the badge price. So many people will not see this note and then will just get hit with a random fee at the end, with no choice but to pay it. It leaves a bad impression right when you should be celebrating successfully getting a badge.

Ugh, seriously, I am deeply angry about this. Off to go readjust my budget spreadsheet...

ETA: Also, can [member=1]alyssa[/member] or another mod add this note to the official "2018 Badge Prices" thread? I'd like fellow FoCC members to be prepared for it, at least...

So a full-on 4-Day + PN = $281...if you're trying to get two others in as well that $281 x 3 = $843...holy !@#$%
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2017, 12:45:45 PM »

Here is a template for random sort.   It basically involves creating a subgroup where people who have to be together are put in the same subgroup, generating a random number and using vlookup on the subgroup value.  Note, to keep the random value static, copy and then paste values into the same group of cells. 

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 12:49:23 PM by rabbitwarren »

Offline dixie626

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2017, 01:46:16 PM »
Here is a template for random sort.   It basically involves creating a subgroup where people who have to be together are put in the same subgroup, generating a random number and using vlookup on the subgroup value.  Note, to keep the random value static, copy and then paste values into the same group of cells. 

Interesting way to do it, thanks!