Author Topic: SDCC 2018 Volunteering Thread  (Read 42864 times)

Offline ToryRoxx

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 30
Re: SDCC 2018 Volunteering Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 09:33:33 PM »
I volunteered last year but my comic con is does not say priority volunteer eligible. I emailed SDCC how quickly do they usually respond?  :(

Offline Loliiz

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 09:38:15 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I volunteered last year but my comic con is does not say priority volunteer eligible. I emailed SDCC how quickly do they usually respond?  :(
You meant SDCC 2017? Did you give your "c" card to your supervisor at the end of your shift? Did you Skip a shift this year?

Enviado desde mi XT1563 mediante Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 06:23:25 AM »

Offline ToryRoxx

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 09:56:40 PM »
Yes my C card was taken at the end of the shift. My mom also had an issue last year and we spoke to the head of volunteering and she said that we both would have priority volunteering but when i checked our member ids only my mom had returning volunteering but we both successfully completed our shifts. :( :( :(

Offline RustyPonds

• Gaming Lounge
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 263
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2017, 10:53:50 AM »

I find that they reply pretty quickly. I had a similar issue a few years back and Sue Lord got back to me and took care of my issue within a day.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2017, 11:30:15 AM »
Yes, if not already if i was u then i would have sent them an email now if not already and see if they can fix it any so u able to check in for the first round later.

Offline ToryRoxx

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2017, 04:28:20 PM »
Thanks y'all. I emailed the volunteer SDCC email. I also called SDCC and they told me to do the same. Still waiting on a response . Hopefully Sue Lord will remember me as my mother and I spoke extensively to her after out volunteer shifts.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2017, 12:05:50 PM »
Thanks y'all. I emailed the volunteer SDCC email. I also called SDCC and they told me to do the same. Still waiting on a response . Hopefully Sue Lord will remember me as my mother and I spoke extensively to her after out volunteer shifts.

Good that u took the time to email asap since they already rolling with different reg right now for next year, hope all goes right and everyone who wanna still get to volunteer and still enjoy the event. this past con was my first time and i planned and learned that u can plan alot but something u may have to miss unless u can work before or after the chosen event u wanna attend, but can also try to get reg badge and volunteer days u cant get reg badge. that what i did and was still able to enjoy the 4 days any way possible.

Offline NYRider

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 185
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2017, 07:23:58 AM »
I signed up for the interest list before. It will be my first SDCC as either attendee or volunteer.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2017, 10:55:40 AM »
I signed up for the interest list before. It will be my first SDCC as either attendee or volunteer.

This past con i learned u can do both, so u can try for both as to be attendee and volunteer so save some how if get chance to do both and not gotta work all 4 days and just go days u can get a reg badge for at time.

Offline Loliiz

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2017, 02:27:20 PM »
In april of  this year, thanks to all the help this forum gave me, I wrote a FAQ about volunteers, for new comers (like I was at the time). Hope you find it helpful, and it'll be update with all your suggestions :)

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2017, 03:08:25 PM »
In april of  this year, thanks to all the help this forum gave me, I wrote a FAQ about volunteers, for new comers (like I was at the time). Hope you find it helpful, and it'll be update with all your suggestions :)

Thanx for posting this link, i read through and pretty basically says what to do. i too was like excited and guess nervouse cause read and was told so much up to con that i made sure to have certain pages along with packet incase i need the whole packet or not i tried be ready. was cool have the badge as souvenior and be sure to have with me incase to recycle or told they issue a new one ea year. kinda felt like vip even was first time cause did what was ok or allowed unless told other wise lol. but im sure alot will be repeated leading up to con later lol but never hurts to ask anytime .

Offline ToryRoxx

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2017, 06:08:57 PM »

Good that u took the time to email asap since they already rolling with different reg right now for next year, hope all goes right and everyone who wanna still get to volunteer and still enjoy the event. this past con was my first time and i planned and learned that u can plan alot but something u may have to miss unless u can work before or after the chosen event u wanna attend, but can also try to get reg badge and volunteer days u cant get reg badge. that what i did and was still able to enjoy the 4 days any way possible.
[/quote]

Last year was my first time as well. I also bought badges last year so I'm waiting for returning reg/open reg. I just want my volunteer opportunity as well.  Still no word from SDCC volunteer dept.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2017, 07:45:16 PM »

Last year was my first time as well. I also bought badges last year so I'm waiting for returning reg/open reg. I just want my volunteer opportunity as well.  Still no word from SDCC volunteer dept.

If u volunteered at SDCC this past con, then they will email u when to check for priority volunteer reg and hope u got email saying all got sorted on stuff u needed to get fixed.  they still getting other stuff sorted for other badges and have not said anything about return reg badges or open reg incase u try get a reg and volunteer. i just check the forum by topic and most times others give any answers possible so u not alone and lost at whats going on.

Offline ToryRoxx

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2017, 06:38:07 AM »
Thanks for the support y'all. They just emailed me , it's all fixed :D

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2017, 11:36:24 AM »
Thanks for the support y'all. They just emailed me , it's all fixed :D

Now i guess u just gotta focus on priority volunteer check and reg badge if u had reg badge last year. then anything u gotta do like get a place , parking and fly if need any.