Author Topic: SDCC vs NYCC  (Read 3538 times)

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
Re: SDCC vs NYCC
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2017, 03:09:19 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I just come here to stare at Henry.

I'll stand with you for a bit with that.... :)
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2017, 03:12:45 AM »
I think NYC and San Diego are just worlds apart. Nothing really phases the people in NYC.  In NY, on any given day, you can see Cumberbatch eating brunch, Liev Schreiber jogging around, or Clive Owen on broadway.  Heck, when Trump was in town a few months ago, the only time the visit even came into conversation was people asking how long he’d be around so they can decide if they need to avoid the area around Trump Tower.

LOL. [member=448]rabbitwarren[/member] - This is soooo true!  Strategic movment through Manhattan is always paramount...how am I gonna get around...swiftly?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 11:47:03 AM by marcia29 »

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 09:43:24 AM »

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2017, 11:41:09 AM »
As others said, NYCC doesn't impact New York in the same way because New York is so much bigger and the Javits Center is in a part of the city that most people don't go to.

But, as anyone who attended could see, there is a massive amount of construction around the Javits Center.  They are trying to create a new neighborhood that will be called Hudson Yards.  When all those buildings are built and people move in, it will be a different neighborhood.  We may see more restaurants and those restaurants may welcome the convention traffic--and not just NYCC.

Offline riotgirl77

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 66
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2017, 01:10:29 PM »
[quote author=dkd link=topic=8804.msg225339#msg225339 date=1509388869

But, as anyone who attended could see, there is a massive amount of construction around the Javits Center.  They are trying to create a new neighborhood that will be called Hudson Yards.  When all those buildings are built and people move in, it will be a different neighborhood.  We may see more restaurants and those restaurants may welcome the convention traffic--and not just NYCC.
[/quote]

Can't wait for that to be done! They are starting to go offsite a bit for activations (like SDCC) with Freeform and HBO setting stuff etc. Hoping there'll be more offsite activations once that neighborhood gets all prettied up

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2018, 06:58:58 AM »
Bumping this up after this year

Morning lines

SDCC: Chill by the waterfront, enjoy the nice breeze and inhale the nice sea air
NYCC: Wait in a basement if you are lucky or get drenched in rain while standing on the side walks inhaling the smell of horse dung

Where you take a break

SDCC: Your hotel room, Nobu, the FX exhibitions offsite, or the hundreds of other restaurants
NYCC: there's a closet somewhere near the food court or if that's full, you can sit by the trash can at the Dunkin Donuts 5 blocks away.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2018, 10:10:37 AM »

Where you take a break

SDCC: Your hotel room, Nobu, the FX exhibitions offsite, or the hundreds of other restaurants
NYCC: there's a closet somewhere near the food court or if that's full, you can sit by the trash can at the Dunkin Donuts 5 blocks away.

:D :D :D