Author Topic: SDCC When will OPEN Reg be held?  (Read 8222 times)

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
Re: SDCC When will OPEN Reg be held?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 10:27:02 AM »
When is Open Registration?

We are hoping to launch Open Registration before the new year! The earlier we can get you your badge, the earlier you can start making travel arrangements. If Professor Toucan keeps working around the clock, be on the lookout for Open Registration announcements in late November or early December.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

bold added

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 04:15:44 PM »

bold added

Which would conceivably be after Press application status get announced, Please.  PLEASE.

I never pay much attention to pro stuff since it's not my thing but it doesn't even look like Trade Pro has their applications open yet.  Us press peeps might not be the only ones facing open reg without knowing our status as something else.  No idea if that's normal.  I don't pay attention to that end of things and now I feel silly having such a big gap in my knowledge there.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 05:46:20 PM »

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 08:59:49 AM »
I'm going to go for 2nd December.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Me too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline angoradebs

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 12:20:34 PM »
My friends and I were unable to attend 2017, and will probably be trying in the open reg sale for 2018. And while personally I appreciate that I'll know by the end of the year whether or not I'll be going to SDCC, I can't help but think it's pretty poor timing with the holidays. December is financially a hard time for a lot of people, and to have to add potentially upwards of $1000 on badges for a family... yikes.

I voted for December 9th. My reasoning is that open reg 2015 was held on a day where I went to a Cincinnati Symphony concert. Returning reg 2016, same. And I have a concert on December 9th. And quite unfortunately that concert is at 2pm, and I will need to be leaving my house by 12:45PM. We only want to go if we can get Saturday, though, so if old patterns hold, then by that point we will already have our badges, or we will have given up. But just to be safe I'm hoping for a different date. December 16th is a possibility, but I definitely don't see them holding it Christmas weekend.

I also have a concert on December 30th (evening that time, though!), so the pattern could still hold!

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2017, 02:29:10 PM »
After seeing Sam's quote from CCI, I changed my vote to December 2nd. I really hope they don't start pushing closer to Christmas etc. It's always chaos in the office in December due to trying to get a ton of documents into the court and heard...

I doubt they'll do it Thanksgiving weekend, because of the potential chaos in families. Of course, if they DO want to do it before they go to trial, that'd be the last date available that I would consider late-November.

Edit: With all this moving so quickly, I'm tempted to post a poll about Hotel Lottery lol, maybe just with months for now...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 02:41:10 PM by Iris_aya »
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline Sonic77

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2017, 05:00:37 PM »
Dec 2 makes the most sense after Thanksgiving break but before most people take Christmas vacation

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2017, 06:45:50 PM »
Yes, because how things went this past con they are on a roll and getting things done sooner then later. but notice some are already bugging and stress do to any plans they have and the time they doing things already. im thankful they give extra time to check in for volunteers and not rush things like they do badge sales lol. cause i guess once badges sales and volunteer check in is done and set, it will be hotel and parking craziness besides flight plans and all.

Offline darkwingotaku

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2017, 09:54:18 AM »
I sit here in Returning Reg and it is extremely doubtful I'll get any badges, so I will have to opt for Open Registration window...

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2017, 11:58:01 AM »
from the Comic-Con 2018 Registration Code and Waiting Room Link! email

Please keep in mind that there are more eligible attendees than available badges. Not everyone who enters the waiting room will be selected for a registration session. You can increase your chance of obtaining a badge by reading all the instructions carefully and having your personal information ready on the day of the sale. If you are unable to obtain a badge during Returning Registration, you will be eligible to participate in Open Registration later this year.

Still saying this year!

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2017, 12:13:29 PM »
from the Comic-Con 2018 Registration Code and Waiting Room Link! email

Still saying this year!

CCI Twitter also:

If you were unable to purchase a badge today, you will be eligible for Open Reg later this year. For more info, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline BenEatsRice

• Gaming Lounge
  • Waiting In Line
  • Liked: 150
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2017, 04:35:39 PM »
My credit card was declined on one of my CCI badge purchases (probably thought something fishy was going on since I managed to buy for 10 people this year - I know, crazy!), but something to note in the email I received was
The deadline to re-submit payment is November 28, 2017. All unpaid badges in your order will be cancelled after this date.
This is why my guess at open registration date is still December 2. They can get a count on all the returned badges and be ready for the sale come Saturday...
What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2017, 04:50:59 PM »
My credit card was declined on one of my CCI badge purchases (probably thought something fishy was going on since I managed to buy for 10 people this year - I know, crazy!), but something to note in the email I received wasThis is why my guess at open registration date is still December 2. They can get a count on all the returned badges and be ready for the sale come Saturday...

Ha, I had the same issue too with one of my purchases being declined, but I had only 5 badges under my CC. Luckily, the Re-enter Credit Card process was smooth and painless. And I noticed the same thing too about November 28th.

I think only December 2nd and December 9th are the only viable weekends. It can't be the weekend of Nov 25th, because it's Thanksgiving, which means a lot of traveling for a lot of people. And after December 9th, you run the same risk of a lot of people being on vacation and not potentially not being in a good place to sit down for 1-2 hours attempting to get badges. If it's going to be after Dec 9th, I think they'll have to postpone til the new year.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2017, 07:08:26 PM »
Guessing they gonna try to have it sometime before the holidays either before it or after any so no one miss chance any.

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2017, 07:49:07 PM »
I predict it will be November 18 (the week before Thanksgiving) because they don't want the sales to conflict with the holidays.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2017, 03:06:39 AM »
With the new information about November 28th being the deadline for re-submission of credit card information for badges purchased during RR, I am changing my vote to December 9th, giving them some time to sort things out. 
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia