Author Topic: SDCC 2018 Open Registration Buying Groups  (Read 13111 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: SDCC 2018 Open Registration Buying Groups
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2017, 09:02:41 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think I'm confused about the number of windows you can have open at one time during open reg. I always thought it was one window per computer. I know that may sound dumb. I have two member id numbers and plan on using two computers during open reg. I'm correct in assuming one pc per member number?

You can have one unique code per BROWSER per computer. So on one computer you could have a window in Chrome, a window in Firefox, etc. etc. Then you could do the same on a second computer.

Offline jmcdougall

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2017, 09:44:09 AM »
So how does one get into a buying group a week before Open Reg? SM? Missed out on Returning Reg this year and am still trying to figure the Registration process 3 years later.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 09:24:09 AM »

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2017, 11:09:46 AM »
So how does one get into a buying group a week before Open Reg? SM? Missed out on Returning Reg this year and am still trying to figure the Registration process 3 years later.
You may be too late at this time, short of an independent 'group' of people you gather on your own.  My group closed a week or two ago I think, and at this point everything is locked & loaded and ready for testing and then Registration; I assume this is similar to other groups.

Maybe you'll find other people who would like 'strength in numbers' that you can form a group with.  Maybe scour some of the other threads and PM folks who have fairly recently expressed desire to join a group

Offline jmcdougall

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2017, 12:49:32 PM »
Damn. But good knowledge for next time, if there is one! I’d never heard of these buying groups until this go around. So being in a buying group somehow increases your odds of getting a badge? And you also mentioned testing? How does that work?

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2017, 01:14:30 PM »
Damn. But good knowledge for next time, if there is one! I’d never heard of these buying groups until this go around. So being in a buying group somehow increases your odds of getting a badge? And you also mentioned testing? How does that work?
Yes. All group by the forum are closed. But I'm sure that some will start some on their own. But be very careful.

Here's a link to all of your questions about a group buys.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2017, 01:15:12 PM »

most of the forum groups have been together for a while so we've developed trust.
at this point we're at the limit for the number of folks we can accept- it's complicated but it has to do with google doc & sharing information from group to group.

It does improve the odds- If you have 3 friends who have 3 codes, only one person in that 3 person group needs to get in. That is multiplied when
applied to a larger group.

best i can suggest at this point is to be active on this site- post interest in joining a buying group- We hope to open a whole another area
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline jmcdougall

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2017, 01:19:40 PM »
Great! Thanks for taking the time!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2017, 03:09:01 PM »
Great! Thanks for taking the time!

It’s a good group of people- most of us pay it forward. If u do something nice for someone usually they’ll do something nice for u back.
There’s also a mission statement at the bottom of the blog that puts it in to a complete sentence way better, if you’re interested
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Tawfik22812

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2017, 12:56:28 PM »
This is my first time using this forum can someone help me to get connected with a badge buying group

Offline Tawfik22812

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2017, 01:04:59 PM »
Hi am my name is Sofia I have been desperately trying to get into a badge buying group, I have an amazing son who has autism so it’s hard to find time to figure out these sights, but he loves comics as well as I and we would love an opportunity to be a part of a group.. please help me

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2017, 04:05:56 PM »
[member=6869]Tawfik22812[/member]  I am sorry, but our buying groups are now closed. We put a lot of preparation time and effort into them, so we need to get them set up on an earlier timeframe.

However, you may be able to find others on this forum (or elsewhere online) who are willing to set up an informal buying group with you. There are even some people who have posted in this very thread. [member=7767]jmcdougall[/member]

I wish you the best of luck!

Offline spongydevotee

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2017, 11:17:48 AM »
Hi, I'm new here. How can I join a buying group? Are there anyone that you know of whose group I can join?

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2017, 11:40:32 AM »
Hi, I'm new here. How can I join a buying group? Are there anyone that you know of whose group I can join?

The buying groups from this site are currently closed, but [member=6869]Tawfik22812[/member]  and [member=7767]jmcdougall[/member]  were possibly interested in setting up an informal group, if you would like to contact them.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2017, 11:42:21 AM »
At this point I think it's way too late to join one of the 'official' FOCC buying groups.  It's still possible, of course, to find a more 'informal' group.  Before this 'cycle' of badge buying I used an informal group of myself, wife, teen son, a good friends, and then sometimes a few other close friends/family to help.  The key to a group is really to have someone super organized about it all, and to have a trust in the group (even if you kind of have to take a leap of faith).
I've always had great luck buying in groups, including this year's Returning Reg.  I'm trying to help some friends with the group tomorrow, so we'll see if I continue my lucky streak (2010 will be SD Comic-Con #19 for me).

Long story short, no, it's too late to join a FOCC group.  Yes, if you know any other friends and want to join together tomorrow I highly recommend it

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2017, 12:44:26 PM »
Hope everyone got their ducks in a row and ready to catch a fish maybe so can be more happy and brag that got chance go more days or help anyone who not got a chance to go any days of event. im sure some my stress and others will just set alarm to be ready to get sorted before the event tomorrow cause i guess it can be a long wait or quick grab and go thing when u know what u want when u get chance to grab any badge left. then can be a short event cause not know how many badge are still open for the taking for this once a year event. then after all said and done then got plan flights and places to stay and be ready to roll out when time comes to get to SDCC and have as much fun as possible.