Author Topic: Power-Con, September 9-10 2017 at Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach  (Read 3699 times)

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

(bold = mine)

Power-Con: The He-Man and She-Ra Toy & Comic Book Experience September 9 & 10, 2017

Located at the Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach hotel
3635 Fashion Way
Torrance, California 90503, USA (South Bay, southwest Los Angeles)
If you need hotel reservations, please click here to check out Hotel section on this site.

Hours:
Saturday, September 9th: 10am to 6pm
Sunday, September 10th: 10am to 5pm

Attendee, Non-Attendee, and Exhibitor registration begins Saturday, April 8th at 9am Pacific / 12 noon Eastern.
Volunteer and Press registration begins late-April.

Day passes (Saturday or Sunday): $25.00 each, online and at the door
Weekend passes (only available online until Friday, August 25th): $40.00 each
Power Passes (extremely limited; only available online): $150.00 each
Kids 12 and under get it for FREE! Must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 18 years or older.

Guests will be revealed on a regular basis as the convention draws closer. Panel programming will be revealed prior to the convention.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 01:24:17 PM by Angology »

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
Re: Power-Con, September 9-10 2017 at Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 11:07:25 PM »
If I didn't live on another continent I'd be all over this. Looks excellent.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 01:22:51 PM »
Forum Housekeeping-shortened the name for the calendar link (no need to put the date in the calendar link)

What exactly is a non-attendee? I am not attending-do I need to register?  ;)
LOL-It just seems like an awkward wording. I think that calendar link title should also be shortened, but not sure how.

I wonder if they know it's the same day as SDCC pre-reg!  :P
Ang

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 06:41:24 PM »
Power-Con 2017 Exclusive: Earl Norem Premium Print Set

Available to Power-Con 2017 attendees and exhibitors, this premium print set includes over 30 11″x17″ prints of Earl Norem Masters of the Universe artwork on 18pt archival stock, housed in a special silk screened flap box. $200/set. Supplies are extremely limited for this set. It will be limited to just 5 per attendee or exhibitor. This item will not be available for purchase at the convention if it sells out during pre-sales on April 8.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 11:58:57 AM »

Ticket and exclusive sales open this Saturday, April 8th, at 9am Pacific for Exhibitors, Attendees and Non-Attendees. In order to give Exhibitors prompt access to exclusive pre-orders, we are now taking New Exhibitor inquiries for table and booth registration.

Once you have contacted us and we have verified what space you require, we will send you the Exhibitor purchase link where you can buy your tables/booths, extras such as wi-fi and power, and convention exclusives. This link is not available through the website and has to be e-mailed to Exhibitors.

Also, Returning Exhibitors have been previously contacted by Power-Con. If you are a prior Exhibitor who may have missed that correspondence, please contact us asap to reserve your booth or table space!

Please click here to access the Exhibitor contact form to inquire about table and booth registration for the 2017 Power-Con show. Thank you!

Power-Con 2017 tickets and exclusives will be available for pre-order this Saturday, April 8 at 9:00 AM pacific / 12:00 PM noon eastern. We have a new ordering system this year and have recorded how-to videos for both Attendees and Non-Attendees! Please review the Attendee and Non-Attendee videos before ordering so you can have the power (of knowledge!). We especially recommend that attendees who plan to order t-shirts watch the video as the checkout process contains extra steps to specify the color and size of your t-shirt.

Click on the images below to take you to each of the videos:

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 01:42:46 PM »
Gee, not like anyone here has anything to do at 9 am on Saturday, April 8....  ::)

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 10:38:59 PM »
Gee, not like anyone here has anything to do at 9 am on Saturday, April 8....  ::)
Yeah. I made mention of that on twitter and PowerCon favoured it. I'm not sure they understood the point of my tweet 😂

However I'd love to go to PowerCon one year. I'm a huge MotU fan.

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 09:35:24 AM »
Now the non-attendee thing makes sense!
Ang

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 11:07:56 PM »
Power-Con 2017 FAQ

Our FAQ has been posted that answers many of the most commonly asked questions. Please click here to check it out, along with basic information about the show.

Is your question not answered in the FAQ? Then click here to contact us with your inquiry and we’ll be back in touch as soon as possible. Thank you!

Power-Con: The He-Man and She-Ra Toy & Comic Book Experience
September 9 & 10, 2017

Located at the Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach hotel
3635 Fashion Way
Torrance, California 90503, USA (South Bay, southwest Los Angeles)
If you need hotel reservations, please click here to check out Hotel section on this site.

Hours:
Saturday, September 9th: 10am to 6pm
Sunday, September 10th: 10am to 5pm

Attendee, Non-Attendee, and Exhibitor registration begins Saturday, April 8th at 9am Pacific / 12 noon Eastern.
Volunteer and Press registration begins late-April.

Day passes (Saturday or Sunday): $25.00 each, online and at the door
Weekend passes (only available online until Friday, August 25th): $40.00 each
Power Passes (extremely limited; only available online): $150.00 each
Kids 12 and under get it for FREE! Must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 18 years or older.

Guests will be revealed on a regular basis as the convention draws closer.
Panel programming will be revealed prior to the convention.

------
FAQ:

Q. There’s a lot of info in this FAQ. Was any of this announced?

A. Much of this info has been posted as news articles on the website, shared on social media accounts, or posted on the He-Man.Org forums. But, we strongly encourage every person to sign up to our mailing list. ALL important announcements are sent to the mailing list. And it’s great to have that info delivered straight to your Inbox. Please click here to sign up for our mailing list!

Q. As a Non-Attendee, how many of each MOTUC 3-pack can I order?

A. You can purchase up to 10 of each MOTUC 3-pack.

Q. As an Attendee, how many of each MOTUC 3-pack can I order?

A. There is no limit on how many MOTUC 3-packs you can order for pick-up at the show. All Attendee orders must be picked up by the person who placed the order. The name on the order, and name on the ID need to match when claiming the items at Power-Con.

Q. I’m a Non-Attendee and I REALLY want a Wave 2 M.O.T.U.S.C.L.E. Slime Can and the Earl Norem premium print set. Would you help me out?

A. Sorry, but these are exclusive to Attendees and Exhibitors. They are limited to 5 per order, so if you know someone attending the show, we suggest asking that person if they could help you out. If either of these items do not sell out during pre-sales, and then do not sell out at the convention, we will probably sell the remainder on eBay after the show.

Q. What are the production numbers of the exclusives?

A. We are unable to provide any information in regards to production numbers, quotas, etc.

Q. Do I need to register an account to pre-order my tickets, passes, exclusives?

A. No. Everything is done via an online shopping cart. You do not need to have a prior registered ID to login like you do at some of the really large conventions.

Q. There’s a password on the links for Non-Attendees and Attendee sales. How do I get that password?

A. The password is only there until the sales go live on Saturday, April 8th at 9:00am Pacific / 12:00 noon Eastern. At that time, the passwords will be removed, the links will be made public, and you can click on those links to start your pre-order. UPDATE: this password has been removed and now the shopping cart is accessible. You will be able to add items when the sale starts.

Q. Do we purchase our ticket / access pass separately from the exclusives?

A. Yes, but they are all ordered at the same time. Once everything is in your checkout cart, the items are secure for 15 minutes as long as you complete your order within that time frame. If you do not complete your order during checkout, you will not be charged for a pass or any exclusives that were in your cart, and those items will be returned to inventory.

Q. So exactly how does the pre-order process work?

A. We have walk-through videos to explain the process.
Click here for the Attendee ordering walk-through video.
Click here for the Non-Attendee ordering walk-through video.

Q. I’m ordering a Power Pass. How do I claim my free t-shirt?

A. We will contact you about what free shirt you want for each pass after you have completed your order. Do not order additional souvenir t-shirts unless you want more than the one free t-shirt that comes with the Power Pass.

Q. It looks like I can proceed to checkout without an Attendee or Non-Attendee pass. Does this mean I can skip those and just order the exclusives?

A. No. The system is unable to make you automatically purchase an Attendee or Non-Attendee pass. But, they are required. So if you place an order without a pass, your order will be cancelled and refunded. Be sure to have at least one pass in your shopping cart before you complete your order!

Q. How much will shipping/handling be on the exclusives for Non-Attendees?

A. First off, all Non-Attendees have to purchase the $25 merchandise access pass (MAP). The MAP covers a number of different fees and expenses, and helps us keep the individual exclusives cheaper. In addition to that, the 3-packs will be charged a shipping and handling fee which covers the cost of the courier, and the cost of the fulfillment center to pack and ship orders, the cost of shipping materials, etc. USA orders will be sent using FedEx Ground. International orders will be shipped using USPS Priority. Rates will be shown in the online shopping cart while placing a pre-order.

Q. Wow, that shipping, especially international shipping, is expensive. Is there any way to get it cheaper?

A. Unfortunately, shipping costs are out of our control. By the time we add in the cost of the courier and the fulfillment center to pack and ship along with the cost of shipping supplies, it DOES get fairly expensive. But if you’re a German fan, we posted some information about two German outlets that may be able to help you get them cheaper. This might also help other fans in the European Union. Please click here for more info.

Q. Does that shipping cost mean the exclusives end up being more expensive this year?

A. No. Instead, they average out to be cheaper than last year in most instances. For example:
For 2016, the total cost for one 6″ figure mailed in the USA was $80.00, and the total cost for two 6″ figures mailed in the USA was $128.00 which equaled $64.00 per figure. But for this year’s 2017 show, the total cost for one 3-pack in the USA is $190.00 which equals $63.33 per figure, the total cost for two 3-packs in the USA is $315.00 which equals $52.50 per figure, the total cost for three 3-packs in the USA is $443.00 which equals $49.22 per figure, and it continues to go down from there on average price.

Q. I’m a Non-Attendee that is ordering different quantities of each 3-Pack. Why does it show one high shipping cost for one 3-Pack and a much lower shipping cost for the other 3-Pack?

A. Ultimately, it’s all about the TOTAL cost of the shipping, and not what it shows per 3-pack if you order both sets. The system is pulling from a database that has shipping prices for quantities. For example, there’s a total shipping price for two (whether you order two of one 3-pack, or one of each 3-Pack), and so forth. If you order different quantities of each 3-pack, the system splits the shipping into two different amounts across both 3-packs. We’re not sure why they broke it down the way they did, as visually it’s confusing to have one amount that’s very high and one that’s very low. But there must be some technical reason.

Q. How long will the pre-orders last for the MOTUC 3-Pack exclusives?

A. The MOTUC 3-packs are made-to-order. And the pre-order for these ends on Sunday, April 30th. This date is subject to change.

Q. How long will the pre-orders last for the Wave 2 M.O.T.U.S.C.L.E. Slime Can and the Earl Norem premium print set?

A. Pre-orders for these two items will end on Friday, August 25th, or when they sell out, whichever comes first. Both of these items are limited so it’s possible they might sell out quickly. But if they don’t sell out by August 25th, the remainder will be available for sale at Power-Con.

Q. How long will the pre-orders last for the souvenir t-shirts?

A. Pre-orders for the souvenir t-shirts will end on Friday, August 18th. You will pick up your t-shirts at Registration when you check-in with your pass barcode. Shirts are pre-order only. It’s possible we might have an extremely small supply of black shirts for sale at the show, but there are no guarantees. So if you want to secure specific sizes, colors and designs, please be sure to pre-order along with your passes and other exclusives.

Q. Are we reserving the pre-order with our credit card? Or are we paying in full?

A. Attendees, Non-Attendees and Exhibitors will be paying in full for their passes, exclusives, and shipping if applicable.

Q. Why are you not offering PayPal as a payment option?

A. We used PayPal in 2016. But when it came time to withdraw money, PayPal placed a hold on the funds. As a result, this caused massive trouble for the show, and eventually cost the convention even more money because we had to explore short-term loan options for considerable amounts. So with 2017 and possible future shows, we cannot take this risk again with PayPal and will no longer offer it as an option. Our apologies for any inconvenience.

Q. I got a receipt for my order but only got barcodes for my Attendee passes. So how do I claim the exclusives at Power-Con?

A. Like in 2016, Attendees will check-in at Registration. You will use your pass barcodes to get your Saturday, Sunday, Weekend or Power Passes. After scanning your pass barcodes, the people working at Registration will have access to your entire order. At that time, they will give you everything you need to pick-up your exclusives. Souvenir t-shirts will be given to you at Registration during check-in. And special redemption tickets will be given to you for the exclusives, that you then take to the Toy Room to redeem for your exclusives at any point during Toy Room hours (which will be posted at the show and listed in the program guide available at the Registration desk). Do NOT lose your redemption tickets for your exclusives, as they will NOT be replaced. Keep them securely on your person at all times until you choose to redeem them at Power-Con’s Toy Room. The volunteer staff managing the Toy Room will stamp your redemption ticket(s) and give you the corresponding exclusives. You can keep the stamped redemption ticket(s) as a souvenir if you’d like. Once they are stamped, they are no longer valid. You will also be required to sign a pick-up sheet that verifies you have received the exclusives and understand and agree to our on-site policies.

Q. What if I pre-ordered an Attendee pass / exclusives and now can no longer make it to the convention?

A. If you have one of the following: a medical emergency, family emergency, or death in the family, we will refund your Power-Con purchases in full. The only condition is that you must provide some proof. We appreciate everyone’s understanding in this matter as we realize it can be a delicate subject. Otherwise, the Power-Con Attendee tickets and exclusive purchases are non-refundable. If your exclusives are not picked up by 3pm Pacific on Sunday, September 10th, 2017, your order will be forfeited. If you are worried that you will not be able to attend, it is recommended that you purchase a Non-Attendee ticket and have your exclusives shipped. Alternatively, you could make an arrangement through another attending fan who can first purchase the exclusives for you and pick them up at the show. That Attendee would be bound by the limits of what an Attendee can purchase for themselves; they would not be able to pick up a separate order for you.

Q. Does the shipping for Non-Attendee exclusives include tracking?

A. All Non-Attendee orders will have trackable shipping. This tracking number should be e-mailed to you, via the e-mail address on file with your order, soon after the order has shipped by the fulfillment center. You will be able to check that tracking at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login if you are an International fan or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login if you are a domestic fan. With that said, it is completely up to the courier to scan the tracking barcode during transit and update the system. Even though mistakes sometimes happen, there should still be a point of origin/received scan at the Post Office / FedEx to show you the package has been mailed.

Q. Can I insure my Non-Attendee order?

A. All Non-Attendee orders automatically come with insurance, to protect against damages caused during transit from the fulfillment center to the Non-Attendee’s address.

Q. When will the exclusives ship for Non-Attendees?

A. Non-Attendee exclusives are planned to ship within 8 weeks after the convention. But we hope they go out much sooner.

Q. What if I need to change my shipping address?

A. If your shipping address changes at some point after you place your order, contact us via the form on our website ASAP so that we can modify your order information. Be sure to include your first and last name, and your order number shown on the receipt you previously received. We will NOT be able to accept any address updates after Friday, August 18th, 2017.

Q. Who is handling the shipping of the exclusives for Non-Attendees?

A. A fulfillment center. They have been instructed on proper and secure packing to make sure exclusives are packed safely with cushion within all sides of the shipping box.

Q. Do we have to pay sales tax or customs on our tickets, access pass, exclusives?

A. The prices you see are the final prices after all taxes and fees have been factored into the price. If you are a Non-Attendee and your shipment will be received outside of the United States, you are responsible for any customs charges/taxes/duties/etc that occur when you receive your shipment.

Q. Can we buy our tickets at Power-Con to enter the show?

A. If you are not interested in exclusives or souvenir t-shirts, and just want to attend the show, you can purchase Saturday and/or Sunday passes at the door. But, if you want any of the exclusives, there will not be any available if they sell out during the pre-order. We encourage anyone who wants exclusives to pre-order while supplies last. Also, Power Passes and Weekend Passes are online-only. Power Passes are subject to early sell-out. Weekend passes will be available to purchase until Friday, August 25th, 2017.

Q. If I pre-order as a Non-Attendee and then find out I AM able to attend the show, will there be a way to “transfer” our reservation to Attendee and pick up our exclusives at the show?

A. Yes. Please contact Power-Con directly via our website’s Contact form so we can make the necessary adjustment. If the upgrade results in you being owed a balance, you will be refunded this amount. Please note that any such upgrade must be done within 60 days of your original pre-order so you can avoid additional fees being deducted from your upgrade refund.

Q. Is the reverse also true? Meaning, if I purchase an Attendee package and then find out closer to the show that I cannot attend, will it be possible to then switch it to a Non-Attendee package and pay the difference on shipping?

A. No. Attendee tickets and exclusive pickups are non-refundable. If you feel there is a chance you cannot make it, we strongly recommend that you purchase a Non-Attendee pass and have the exclusives shipped.

Q. Do the exclusives feature any new sculpting or tooling to change their look or modify the joints and features?

A. Some. The 3-pack containing minicomic Stratos, Trap Jaw, and Prince Adam contain a small about of new tooling. Everything else is a repaint of an existing part.

Q. Will there be customer service stock of the exclusives in case people get figures that are somehow incomplete, broken, or painted incorrectly and need replacements?

A. If you received an item that contains a severe factory error or defect, you can contact us to discuss it. BUT as a general policy, do to the limited nature of the items, the exclusives are sold as-is and are non-refundable. So do not pre-order the exclusives if you are not comfortable with that risk. All sales are final.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 01:39:12 PM »

We have been alerted by some fans that they are receiving AVS errors when trying to process their payment. This SHOULD be resolved now. Please try your order again, and if you have any additional problems, please contact us to let us know! And sorry for any inconvenience.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 09:47:17 AM »

The Power-Con 2017 Exclusive Super7 Earl Norem print set only has 50% stock left thanks to pre-orders! These may last until the show, but we wanted to give everyone a heads up in case you wish to put your pre-order in! Tickets for the show are also already up for pre-order. We hope to see you in September!

Available to Power-Con 2017 attendees and exhibitors, this premium print set includes over 30 11″x17″ prints of Earl Norem Masters of the Universe artwork on 18pt archival stock, housed in a special silk screened flap box. $200/set.

Supplies are extremely limited for this set. It will be limited to just 5 per attendee or exhibitor. This item will not be available for purchase at the convention if it sells out during pre-sales that began on April 8.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2017, 10:20:56 AM »

A number of you asked, so we worked it out with the ticketing company: For those of you who already placed pre-orders for Power-Con 2017, but have since decided you would like to purchase additional MOTUC 3-Packs, we can help you with that.

All you need to do is place a new order with JUST the extra 3-Packs you’d like to add (do not purchase a pass in this second order), then e-mail us both of your order numbers along with a request to combine them. As long as the names and e-mail addresses match on the orders, we will combine both orders and e-mail you a consolidated order summary.

Please click here to pre-order tickets and exclusives. And please click here to e-mail us at Power-Con. And thank you for your support of Power-Con!

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 10:19:50 AM »

Power-Con MOTUC 3-pack exclusive box art preview! Terroar by Axel Giménez, Jeremiah Lambert Art, and Nate Baertsch Design. See the full reveal this Monday at The Fwoosh! Pre-orders for the MOTUC 3-packs end April 30th. These sets are made-to-order and will not be available at Power-Con. So be sure to click here and pre-order your today: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The new box art for one of the Power-Con exclusive MOTUC three-packs is ready for your eyes, and we have the exclusive reveal! Say hello to the box art for Terroar, Plasmar, and Lord Gr’Asp, three figures based on unproduced vintage MOTU characters. The artwork is by Axel Giménez, Jeremiah Lambert, Nate Baertsch and Raunak Singh and will be featured on the back of the box along with brand new character bios!

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2017, 08:12:47 PM »
Possible panel topic by September if more details are locked down by then?

Sony Pictures have set a date for their live-action He-Man & The Masters of the Universe reboot but without a director, according to Entertainment Weekly. Director McG, who has been attached to the project since 2016, has reportedly left the production just as a December 18, 2019 release date has been set.  Comic book movie veteran David S. Goyer, however, has reportedly been hired to write a new screenplay. According to the Hollywood trade, Sony is currently meeting with various unnamed directors and actors for the film. Last June, it was confirmed that Twilight alum Kellan Lutz met with the studio about portraying the titular lead, but no casting decision has been made.

Attendance confirmed:

The Four Horsemen are the toy designers behind the Masters of the Universe Classics and Filmation adult collector lines, as well as the 200X He-Man relaunch from Mattel. Four Horsemen Studios is a collectible figure design studio and manufacturer, specializing in creating sculptures of toys and action figures.Their current creation, Mythic Legions: Advent of Decay, is available for pre-order and they have worked on such properties as Batman The Dark Knight, Harry Potter, DC Universe Classics, and Superman Man of Steel to name a few!

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2017, 10:45:05 AM »
Reminder:

Power-Con MOTU Classics 3-Pack pre-orders end TODAY! These are made-to-order so there will not be extra at the show. Click here to pre-order yours before it's too late: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login #powercon #motu #heman #skeletor #shera #mastersoftheuniverse