Author Topic: DC in DC 2018  (Read 1086 times)

Offline tehlilone

• Ballroom 20
  • It's pronounced "the lil one" ^_^
  • Liked: 185
DC in DC 2018
« on: January 13, 2018, 04:39:19 PM »
I know it was today and just ended but I was wondering if anyone went and what they thought about the event. It's not really a convention compared to other comic cons but it did have panels and signings for a day. There are rumors that they'll do it again in the future if this was successful. But yupp, thoughts?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline marvelmorris

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 36
Re: DC in DC 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 08:05:23 AM »
It was awesome.  All panels and signings were ticketed through eventbrite. While nearly all sold out online, they didn't really do so quickly.

Once there, staff distributed wristbands so you could attend any panel you wanted regardless of whether you had a ticket for the panel or not. The free wristband also gave you entry to the Newseum exhibits without the 24.95 admission fee. 

Some of the signings had a standby line. 

On Friday, I was only there for the Gotham by Gaslight premiere.  (It's awesome btw-go see it!) On Saturday, I attended several panels, attended 5 signings and watched a sneak peak screening for Black Lightning.  There would be no way I could do so much on a Saturday at SDCC.   

Flat and sparkling water with ice and lime were provided for the panels.  For the Gotham by Gaslight premiere, hors d'oeuvres and alcohol was provided.  Candy and flavored popcorn was provided during the screening.    Drinks, candy and popcorn were also provided for the Black Lightning sneak peak (that was also fantastic, watch it this Tuesday!). 

The event didn't appear busy at all and had a very chill vibe. I don't see it coming back based on how many people I saw, but it was a lot of fun and my hope is they hit the number target they want and they do return. 

I have some photos up on my IG , marvelmorris.   

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:14:33 AM »

Offline omraged9

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 242
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 12:25:47 AM »
That sounds awesome. Almost reminds me of early SDCC days where there weren't big long lines for the panels and for signings. Kind of interesting they used eventbrite for ticketing though. It makes me wonder if the WB will use that for their autograph online lotteries at SDCC this year.

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 04:43:07 PM »
Also, the auditorium for the panels and screenings was 450 people with stadium seating.  Much closer and easier to see than most cons!

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 07:48:51 PM »
From what i read it seems to have been kinda a small con like SDCC used to be before it grew over time. i guess SDCC is not as low key as it used to be and all. the buzz got around and guess as they gained traffic they added more over the years and then added the offsites to help control traffic that was in and out of the convention center over time. good to know it went well as some cons do go right as some do go wrong for any reason. there are so many cons now with a variety of themes or all do same but just titled different and all.