Author Topic: the annual couch potato thread or what's your preferd 'get in shape' activity?  (Read 129202 times)

Offline Aaron

• Exhibit Hall
  • Getting #ComicConFit for any con (and for life)!
    • Hall H Show Podcast
  • Liked: 45
Hello all!

Thanks for the mention [member=1]alyssa[/member]!

#SDCCfit recently rebranded to #ComicConFit so please join in on the fun and stay motivated to be fit all year long with other nerds on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram...all under @ ComicConFit (or just search for the hashtag).

A website is also in the works...so please let me know what kind of content you would like to see.

Oh...I'll be throwing a #NoHolidayGainChallenge again this year, starting the week after Thanksgiving until the first week of January 2018. The first weigh-in will be Friday, 12/1/17 and the last weigh-in will be Friday, 1/12/18 (every Friday will be a weigh-in / check in day).

So keep your eyes peeled on any of the Comic Con Fit social media accounts!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Welcome to the sdccfit/comicconfit zone. you're in the right place- we're all about loosing a few pounds, and increasing stamina so we can enjoy life a bit more-
and very supportive!

[member=5419]Aaron[/member] does a twitter feed  at comicconfit with encouragements if you're on twitter

i lost 60 lbs and have kept it off for 2 years- my biggest suggestion is to control how much you eat- i did/do it via weight watchers- there are plenty of other options out there. choose one that is based on the perimeter  of grocery stores- vegg, protein, lean dairy. not dieting- just reducing the amt of food you eat. Ik, Ik easier said then done- believe me i know! it's about retaining your eating for your current level of exertion

if i've been good i treat myself to the following;
Chloe's Dark Chocolate fruit pop or
1/2 cup Breyers delights ice cream with a diet vanilla cream soda- like a rootbeer float
Co-Host of the #HallHshow podcast. #ComicConFit motivator.

Personal:
Twitter/Instagram/Facebook: AaronNabus

Hall H:
Twitter/Instagram/Facebook: HallHdotcom

Comic Con Fit:
Twitter/Instagram/Facebook: ComicConFit

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
Follow ^, top notch motivator and it's awesome the sense of community that he's built around getting fit all around SDCC and more.  While I'm nowhere near where Aaron is, it's really coot to see his tweets on what he's run, plans for staying fit, and various other motivational items.  Makes me strive to do better where I can.  Great stuff!
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Aaron

• Exhibit Hall
  • Getting #ComicConFit for any con (and for life)!
    • Hall H Show Podcast
  • Liked: 45
Follow ^, top notch motivator and it's awesome the sense of community that he's built around getting fit all around SDCC and more.  While I'm nowhere near where Aaron is, it's really coot to see his tweets on what he's run, plans for staying fit, and various other motivational items.  Makes me strive to do better where I can.  Great stuff!
Thank you, sir!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Co-Host of the #HallHshow podcast. #ComicConFit motivator.

Personal:
Twitter/Instagram/Facebook: AaronNabus

Hall H:
Twitter/Instagram/Facebook: HallHdotcom

Comic Con Fit:
Twitter/Instagram/Facebook: ComicConFit

Offline Violet

• Gaming Lounge
  • Gender Biased Reviews www.gbreviews.com
    • Gender Biased Reviews
  • Liked: 118
Anyone doing the #ComicConFit #NoHolidayGainChallenge? I'm down 1.2 lbs from last week's baseline weigh-in! As I mentioned on Twitter, my baseline weight this year was 11.6 lbs higher than last year.  :o This challenge is just the wake up call I need to start getting back to getting fit. Thank you [member=5419]Aaron[/member]!   

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
Anyone doing the #ComicConFit #NoHolidayGainChallenge? I'm down 1.2 lbs from last week's baseline weigh-in! As I mentioned on Twitter, my baseline weight this year was 11.6 lbs higher than last year.  :o This challenge is just the wake up call I need to start getting back to getting fit. Thank you [member=5419]Aaron[/member]!   
oh yeah, i weight myself almost everyday due to not wanting to go back to the weight i was ;)
I'm at about what i was pre-thanksgiving

I don't know if anyone has gone over how to weight yourself... ik, ik it sounds stupid but i just got a question abt the best way of getting a consistent #
the easy reply is at the same time every week but if a more accurate number is desired;
weight yourself in the morning after using the bathroom & strip down, before coffee & breakfast

personally i drink coffee first thing, so that's factored into my daily weight.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline darkron9

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 106
I do a similar thing when I weigh myself.  Nearly first thing in the morning, after a do a #2 and stripped down.  I walk more while the weather is cool and look for ways to cut down on carbs and calories.  <-- My personal Kryptonite!!!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
potato chips are my weakness---

I allow myself to a can or two of principles salt & vinegar chips only during con as a special treat.

If i do need carb's, I try to keep it within the limits

a half cup of white rice
3/4 cup potatoes maybe with some light sour cream if mashed
half to 3/4 cup corn

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline darkron9

• Gaming Lounge
Keep up the great work Alyssa! 

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
I'm at my lowest weight since July---Unfortunately, i think it's either due to stress (which upsets my tummy) or a minor medical condition

Offline darkron9

• Gaming Lounge
Hope you can stay healthy!

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
Lost 40lbs since last Thanksgiving  :D No crazy system or anything, just tried to cut out sugar (artificial as well), fast food,  and watch my carb intake as well as significantly upping my workouts.  Unfortunately between age and poor form suffered a couple of injuries but still chugging along.  Have an obstacle course race through the mountains next weekend that I'm excited about.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
Lost 40lbs since last Thanksgiving  :D No crazy system or anything, just tried to cut out sugar (artificial as well), fast food,  and watch my carb intake as well as significantly upping my workouts.  Unfortunately between age and poor form suffered a couple of injuries but still chugging along.  Have an obstacle course race through the mountains next weekend that I'm excited about.

A while back saw a documentary on sugar and in moderation it ok but too much or any just goes to fat after it goes to liver for any reason so in ways it bad overall even though we may like sometimes. but congrats on the lbs loss and just do what u can to be active and balanced.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator

That is the best way of loosing weight- make it a lifestyle change.
Good luck next weekend!

Offline darkron9

• Gaming Lounge
Absolutely Alyssa and Cable30.  I had to make a lifestyle change that included gradually making my portions smaller and smaller.  Being type 2 diabetic, this was finally the way for me to bring my diabetes under control.  I still have to take prescription meds, but my numbers when I take my blood tests prove out that losing weight the the most effective way to keep things in balance.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
since it's that time of year and i (and Leonard) need a kick in the butt.... I'm roping everyone else into my problems LOL

The hangout will be starting our ComicConFit challenge on Jan 14th- it will be the first of 3 shows
first -giveing out the challenge & rules
second [member=5419]Aaron[/member]  will be a guest, we'll be showing what our we and our viewers came up with
third show- awards (we hope to have Jeff, [member=1987]The Mighty Jerd[/member]  presenting the awards ;) He's always super fun!!

with a cooking mystery box challenge. On the 14th we are giving everyone a list of ingredients (protein starch & veg), folks can add pantry items or other accessories, take a picture & describe it- We'll compare what folks did & put the pictures on the show on the 21-

some of the categories will be

Most CCFit friendly
Best Name
Most likely to try
Most likely not to try
Simplest -
What were you thinking....??

any other Catagory's ?? I've got plenty of stuff to give away LOL

Yes, we will be having a Veg option. I am also looking for suggestions for the mystery box contents.  I don't want to make this too hard but am interested in having it be fun.

it's just a way of us all seeing what other folks come up with to cook with mostly the same ingredients- the kicker is that we have folks watching from the mid west, east coast, so cal, england etc... so it could be really interesting- and there will be prizes

AND I got a fitbit for christmas! so I can join finaly join everyone in the fit bit group! I need to set it up-- i will keep everyone posted.