Author Topic: Post-posting behavior  (Read 4792 times)

Offline Trev

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 33
Post-posting behavior
« on: May 29, 2012, 03:02:41 PM »
Today, when I post a comment in a thread, the behavior is that I'm taken back to the main page. Most other forums the behavior is that I'm taken back to my post. This really works well for me because the main way I navigate the forum is by the 'unread posts' link. So if there is more than a few comments I want to read, and I post a reply to one, I completely lose the thread bec now I've been dropped to the main page instead of to the thread itself.

Any way to change that?

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: Post-posting behavior
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 05:41:07 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Today, when I post a comment in a thread, the behavior is that I'm taken back to the main page. Most other forums the behavior is that I'm taken back to my post. This really works well for me because the main way I navigate the forum is by the 'unread posts' link. So if there is more than a few comments I want to read, and I post a reply to one, I completely lose the thread bec now I've been dropped to the main page instead of to the thread itself.

Any way to change that?

Have you changed anything in your personal profile settings?

If you go to your profile and look up "Look and Layout"  (it should be under "Modify Profile," but depending on your personal settings, there might be a drop-down menu for that option), there are some check boxes for certain settings.  Make sure that the one labeled as "Return to topics after posting by default" is enabled.

Let me know if that helps!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Post-posting behavior
« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:01:10 PM »