Author Topic: SDCC 2017 ADA/Disabled Services Discussion Thread  (Read 13000 times)

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
Re: SDCC 2017 ADA/Disabled Services Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2017, 07:19:30 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Can anyone shed light on the funko line? seems to be a lot of ADA resentment

Was it too much zig zag line or did they try have a separate line for anyone disabled by chance? from what i have read in past, places by law need try and accomidate everyone as much as possible. anyone one of us could be in the same situation so i try see how things might hard to adjust sometimes.

Offline Lavendar

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 71
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2017, 01:29:00 PM »
Was it too much zig zag line or did they try have a separate line for anyone disabled by chance? from what i have read in past, places by law need try and accomidate everyone as much as possible. anyone one of us could be in the same situation so i try see how things might hard to adjust sometimes.

the reports were that the ADA were let in first and by the time the public was let in there were hundreds of ppl in front of those in the first chute. 

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #77 on: Today at 08:42:40 AM »

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2017, 02:16:14 PM »
That is accurate but I don't believe that was the only reason, I also think they let people get in line from the marina side.  The combination of the two meant by the time folks in the first chute that had camped out overnight got through Sails both Funko and Autograph lines were capped out which shouldn't have been mathematically possible.  I for one have no issues with consideration being given to ADA con goers, just like everything else at SDCC it is however taken advantage of by unscrupulous individuals.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2017, 02:52:38 PM »
just like everything else at SDCC it is however taken advantage of by unscrupulous individuals.

This is the problem!   And unfortunately the people who really need it are also getting the back lash for it from con attendees and the security staff.  They definitely need to focus on fixing this situation.

2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Lavendar

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 71
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2017, 04:35:04 PM »
That is accurate but I don't believe that was the only reason, I also think they let people get in line from the marina side.  The combination of the two meant by the time folks in the first chute that had camped out overnight got through Sails both Funko and Autograph lines were capped out which shouldn't have been mathematically possible.  I for one have no issues with consideration being given to ADA con goers, just like everything else at SDCC it is however taken advantage of by unscrupulous individuals.

I volunteer to stand guard at the Marina gate, WTF is the problem?

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2017, 06:30:54 PM »
I wonder if they just have too many ways to enter to take a beeline to funko so some just go and stockpile while others seeing the walls they built of funko start to come apart and so it makes some think they wont get figures they want cause others take so many to start , idk.