Author Topic: It's over, let the Post Comic-Con Depression begin.  (Read 10511 times)

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
Re: It's over, let the Post Comic-Con Depression begin.
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2017, 12:26:45 PM »
I am still in jet lag and will be for several days at least.  Will try to 'catch up' on the weekend.  I had soooo much fun and managed to relax, too.  I am going to get started with saving for next year.  This was my first time trying that and it really relieved my money anxiety.
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2017, 12:36:32 PM »
My big issue is muggles talk funny outside of here or comic con.  They don't quote movies.  I was talking to a dear friend of mine and she is talking about 2 lines at the show and says, "They crossed the streams.  Don't they know you're never supposed to cross streams?"

Non-nerds don't get that because they don't quote movies all day long like whenever anything goes wrong at work I say "Curse you sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

You guys here get that, the weirdos out there in the "real world" don't.  :)

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 03:56:40 PM »

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2017, 12:39:16 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My big issue is muggles talk funny outside of here or comic con.  They don't quote movies.  I was talking to a dear friend of mine and she is talking about 2 lines at the show and says, "They crossed the streams.  Don't they know you're never supposed to cross streams?"

Non-nerds don't get that because they don't quote movies all day long like whenever anything goes wrong at work I say "Curse you sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

You guys here get that, the weirdos out there in the "real world" don't.  :)

That is so true.  I had to stop and think before I talked to anyone this morning at work...lol.  I felt like there was a bubble around me.  Heck I didn't want to talk about real world stuff anyway.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2017, 04:44:25 PM »
I go back to work tomorrow......that's when it will get real. I'm about to frame a couple Mondo posters we got this year and having things like that to do lessens it. This forum lessens it. I post here year-round and that makes it so SDCC is never really over.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2017, 05:00:50 PM »
That is so true.  I had to stop and think before I talked to anyone this morning at work...lol.  I felt like there was a bubble around me.  Heck I didn't want to talk about real world stuff anyway.

I didn't even realize until we were at lunch and they understood what I was saying and quoting things that are interesting to me.  I work in Star Wars, Pulp Fiction, etc quotes at work all the time and no one ever gets them.  :)

I keep waiting for the Cap "I understood that reference", but they never do.

That's one if the best quotes from Scott Pilgrim: 

"Something something I just cashed my last rain check."

"What's that from?"

"My brain!"

Cuz as nerds we do movie quotes all the time.  Non -nerds are so frickin weeeeeeeeeeird!  :)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2017, 06:07:01 PM »
I tend to start feeling anxiety about it being over on Sunday. Then walking around and seeing all the things vanish on Monday leaves me feeling so sad. Now that I'm home I'm longing for the escape again. SDCC is the only
place where I can truly feel like I belong and it's always SO HARD to come back to my life. I'm watching LOTR today and looking at all my pictures. I leave for another trip tomorrow and should help distract me. Thank god for this forum. I love that I'm not alone with this feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It was really sad walking around at 7pm on Sunday. They don't mess around tearing everything down. At the Marriott they already had the signs and people up for the next convention. The Bladerunner tent was faceless, they had already taken apart the front of the tent. I couldn't see the expanse cargo holds where the escape rooms were anymore. The Tick offsite was in pieces. I didn't know there was a vehicle inside. Similarly with the Texas tent, there was a bus in there. I saw them take down the Walking Dead sign that was on top of that little tower. Still at 7pm there were still quite a few people strolling along the front of the  Convention Center.

I went VR this year. So I have quite a bit of footage to relive the experience. I'm stitching it together right now. Takes a while. The bad part I couldn't do it from my point of view. I was carrying the camera so it's form the viewpoint next to me. My big melon head is blocking things in every shot. :(
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 06:09:34 PM by chocolateshake »

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2017, 08:08:41 PM »
It was really sad walking around at 7pm on Sunday. They don't mess around tearing everything down. At the Marriott they already had the signs and people up for the next convention. The Bladerunner tent was faceless, they had already taken apart the front of the tent. I couldn't see the expanse cargo holds where the escape rooms were anymore. The Tick offsite was in pieces. I didn't know there was a vehicle inside. Similarly with the Texas tent, there was a bus in there. I saw them take down the Walking Dead sign that was on top of that little tower. Still at 7pm there were still quite a few people strolling along the front of the  Convention Center.

I was the last person in my room at the MMM and I nearly teared up watching them take down the tents behind the convention center.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2017, 08:10:02 PM »
I liked the "and so it begins" thread better.  :)

Offline Kevin Rutan

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 360
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2017, 09:45:12 PM »
The real depression doesn't start for me until I go back to work tomorrow. It was nice not having to deal with people as lazy and stupid as most of my coworkers. The only non-management person that I interact with on a daily basis that isn't stupid sexually harasses every woman he comes across. I would start looking for another job but the pay/ hours/ location are all pretty good and I have a lot of vacation time stored up.
Geology isn't a real science. -Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2017, 09:48:16 PM »
The real depression doesn't start for me until I go back to work tomorrow. It was nice not having to deal with people as lazy and stupid as most of my coworkers. The only non-management person that I interact with on a daily basis that isn't stupid sexually harasses every woman he comes across. I would start looking for another job but the pay/ hours/ location are all pretty good and I have a lot of vacation time stored up.

Can we not talk about work?  I'm T-minus 8 hours to go and I'm trying not to think about it.  :)

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2017, 11:05:39 AM »
Today is my first day back to the work and WOW! Trying to get back up to speed, but it is great because everyone wants to know about con, so I do get to relive it somewhat.
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2017, 11:24:17 AM »
One of the fun things was going home on the plane. There were many who had SDCC stuff on, and stuff with them in San Diego, but once we changed planes, we got lots of looks.  I had one of those giant Shark Week blue bags and got many smiles.  I was wondering what people were smiling about and then I remembered.  Back to the mundanes! :-\

Offline EightiesKid

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2017, 02:14:34 PM »
I always feel a lot of joy even after SDCC, not sure what to call it: the post-con buzz?  I am definitely coming down off of it now, and pretty tired.  It usually takes me several days to recover. 

And yes, it is odd to be out among the real world again, instead of in the world of "our tribe."  Oh well, back to "real life!"

Offline jontargaryen

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 65
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2017, 02:19:37 PM »
I must admit, moving the Comic Con app off the front page of my phone gave me a huge sad.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2017, 03:27:44 PM »
Today is my first day back to the work and WOW! Trying to get back up to speed, but it is great because everyone wants to know about con, so I do get to relive it somewhat.

Yeah, it hurts us, precious.