Author Topic: Video Games  (Read 32372 times)

Offline CptMyCpt24

• Hall H
  • myth of the chupacabra is just that - utter crap
  • Liked: 115
Re: Video Games
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2014, 05:45:12 PM »
The steam boxes will be upgradable as well, but I prefer my pc which can play most games pretty easily.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

SDCC: 2011-2014, 2016-2019, 2022-| ECCC: 2015-2018, 2021 | WonderCon: ? | DragonCon: ? | NYCC: ?

Zim: Ummm, is it supposed to be stupid?
Tallest Purple: It's not stupid; [sarcastically] it's advanced!

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2014, 08:49:14 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Another point to be considered, money-wise, for console players migrating to steam is that even though that at long term you will have backwards compatibility, at short term you will still have to either keep your old console or buy every game you own all over again.

I just can't get behind having to rent last gen games.  I bought left 4 dead 1 and 2 off Seam for$7.99 total!  :)
Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 04:51:26 AM »

Offline Mike

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 27
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2014, 06:08:16 PM »

I got a Day One Xbox One from Amazon and have had absolutely no issues so far.  Then again, I got lucky with my Xbox 360 as well and never had the premature Red Ring of Death (although sadly it did red ring over a year later and Microsoft still honored the replacement).

However, a friend of mine actually got the smoking XB1 issue (smoke actually eminated from the casing...no buring smell or anything just smoke and then it stopped working shortly thereafter).  Good news was Microsoft quickly sent him a replacement unit and gave him a code for a free game.  The best part of the story is the code they sent him was for Dead Rising which he already had so guess who got a free game.   ;D

Haha good deal for you!

Originally I was definitely 100% ready to buy the XB One on launch day, but then they had all that silliness with not being able to share games (DRM overkill) and it completely turned me away. No points for backpedaling, Microsoft!

I was bummed too cuz I wanted to pay Sony back for their horrible customer service and I was sure Microsoft would treat me better. Seriously have you ever dealt with Sony support? They are horrid. I actually renamed one of our PSN accounts sny_spp0rt_sux after having a 3rd PS3 die. Yeahhh I was a tad bitter.

Anyway, good to know that the XB One has treated you well, and even better to know Microsoft handled the situation with your friend's faulty XB so well. My only real concern with consoles is losing game saves and/or digital content that's tied to the one specific console you install it on. I ran into this on the PS3 too many times to count! Okay it was three times let's not get dramatic.

Point is, a replacement unit is awesome but what about his game progress? Did he have to start some games over or was everything saved to some sort of XB Live cloud where he could easily pick back up where he left off after setting up the new XB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bionic 7

• Room 6BCF
  • Fist of the North Star
  • Liked: 78
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2014, 06:07:10 AM »
Point is, a replacement unit is awesome but what about his game progress? Did he have to start some games over or was everything saved to some sort of XB Live cloud where he could easily pick back up where he left off after setting up the new XB?

No problems with game progress...everything was backed up to the cloud.  The biggest pain he said was reinstalling all his games.

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Offline Bert Su

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2014, 11:35:42 PM »
For xbox, super hero games I've played are Superman Returns, Batman Arkham series, Spiderman 3, amazing Spiderman, Spiderman Web of Shadows, Spiderman Shattered Dimensions, Spiderman Friend or Foe, Thor, Captain America, Ironman 2, and Lego Batman
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to my YouTube channel for Transformers reviews

Offline Mike

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2014, 08:38:32 PM »
I love those Batman Arkham games - haven't played many of the others although as a Spider-Man fan I'd love to.

I was never a huge Batman fan until I got to walk in his bat-shoes. The combat system is so fun you find yourself smiling when you see a ridiculously large number of enemies clustered together. And then you smile REALLY big when you realize they're all unarmed. So many ways to attack once you've mastered the basics, it's really hard to get bored even after finishing Arkham City (I got bored quickly after finishing Arkham Asylum mostly because Arkham City was out at the time I beat it).

I love open world games but in Arkham City I found it a bit easier to get lost. Apparently I'm directionally challenged in real life AND video games. Great design, but I detest invisible walls. I like the cruel GTAV style of dismantling whatever you're piloting once you cross the threshold. And then surrounding you with sharks once you sink into the ocean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Offline Legal Eagle

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 32
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2014, 10:00:40 AM »
How did I just now find this thread!?

I've been gaming all my life. Trying not to age myself too badly here but my first console was the Atari lol. I've gone from pong to currently playing Titanfall, COD: Ghosts, and Outlast amongst a few other indie horror games on the Xbox One console. Once Advanced Warfare comes out I'll probably stick to that for quite some time.

I also dabble in WoW once in a great while because I love the feel of that open world style gaming. I mostly work on end-game professions and questlines because it's fun to just do something on my own time without the worry of getting kicked in a raid for low dps or being under-geared lol.

Work does consume me for the most part I definately try to make time to unwind and not go insane.
"Now, is my client guilty? Probably....but who cares!? DID HE DO IT? I don't know!!"

Offline Mike

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2014, 02:15:21 PM »

Work does consume me for the most part I definately try to make time to unwind and not go insane.

I hear ya on that one! Part of the reason I'm playing through Prototype 2 again. The other reason being that I had to factory reset my ps3 and didn't have my save backed up anywhere. :(

Lost everything except trophies, DLC, etc. which sucked but at least I get to play through an epic game again! And I find that game is an even better (offline) cure for a bad day than GTA.

Offline Legal Eagle

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2014, 02:33:25 PM »
Lost everything except trophies, DLC, etc. which sucked but at least I get to play through an epic game again! And I find that game is an even better (offline) cure for a bad day than GTA.

Oh you got off lucky! I could not believe that none of my DLC transfered over from Xbox 360 to Xbox One except for movies. Another huge issue I had is that the One won't have any of the cable on-demand apps until November. And even that is just speculation lol
"Now, is my client guilty? Probably....but who cares!? DID HE DO IT? I don't know!!"

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2014, 05:56:32 PM »
Aeris lives!

Offline Mike

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2014, 06:13:42 PM »
Oh you got off lucky! I could not believe that none of my DLC transfered over from Xbox 360 to Xbox One except for movies. Another huge issue I had is that the One won't have any of the cable on-demand apps until November. And even that is just speculation lol
Wow that's pretty bad! I'm still a generation behind (360 & ps3...Wii U doesn't count) and I've been amazed by some of the headlines I've seen for the PS4 and XB1, finally adding features any reasonable person would think would be included at launch.

For example, PS4 (and vita) finally getting theme support. Had no idea such a basic feature was missing. I guess there must be reasons for it being held back but on the surface it just looks silly.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2014, 09:54:34 AM »
Gamer myself, and been pretty much Sony all the way, and have a PS4, and will prolly pick up a 2nd when Destiny comes out.  Played the heck out of Lego Marvel, currently on Diablo III, and love the God of War and Metal Gear games.  Looking forward to Destiny.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline Legal Eagle

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2014, 10:22:51 AM »
Looking forward to Destiny.

I was struggling with Destiny for a while. I did the beta and it just felt like another Titanfall. I had some bestbuy gift cards laying around so I used them to pre-order Destiny. I just got my confirmation email saying that I can pick it up beginning tonight at midnight lol. I did the camp out thing for COD but I might pass this time. Midnight launches at my local BB are pretty fun. Last time they had taco trucks, djs, and the Monster energy drink girls passing out free cans.

Offline Bionic 7

• Room 6BCF
  • Fist of the North Star
  • Liked: 78
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2014, 11:00:29 AM »
Cool...to see some new activity on this board.

In personal updates, I got a PS4 for my birthday a couple of weeks ago.  I've enjoyed playing some DC Universe Online and am experiencing Last of Us Remastered for the first time.  WOW!  Really a great game.

Anyway, I also have Destiny pre-ordered for PS4 (system most people I knew were getting it on).  So I guess I'm looking forward to that.  Probably wont be able to put any real time in until this weekend.  Other than that I guess I'm looking forward to Alien Isolation and WWE 2K15 next month.

By the way PS4 or XB1 users can feel free to add me as a friend.

PSN: PeaceCrusher
X-Box Live: PEACECRUSHER

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2014, 12:34:13 PM »
And in that vein...