Author Topic: Hoping Nerd HQ will be back in 2016!  (Read 64595 times)

Offline battlestar81

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 66
Hoping Nerd HQ will be back in 2016!
« on: February 24, 2016, 01:29:54 PM »
Fingers  Crossed NerdHQ will be back this coming year! I didn't like the new location as much as petco park but if that's where they have to be for it to happen then so be it!

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
Re: Hoping Nerd HQ will be back in 2016!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 01:47:18 PM »
Pay close attention to their Twitter account for announcements. Or better yet we all can start asking them on Twitter.

If they have enough demand then it makes the decision easier and it will show our motivations to see it return.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:45:33 AM »

Offline NoOtherOptions!

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 144
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 10:04:25 AM »
LOVED NerdHQ last year, EXCEPT during the night parties.  The wait time was so frigging long to get a drink and it felt like they either didn't have bartenders who cared or were just grossly inexperienced.  Otherwise I attended the Mr Robot panel (was great minus the humidity/heat), played Battlefront upstairs about 10? times, did the VR sessions twice, and just kind of enjoyed myself.  Was a blast. 

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 01:08:54 PM »
Nerd HQ needs to go back to Petco park and Geek and Sundy needs to go back to Jolt and Joes. I would gladly found another indiegogo if it could be so!

Offline cire_raeb

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 01:31:49 PM »
You get wish as I heard last year's zombie con bombed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline juliafrood

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 185
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 03:21:36 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
LOVED NerdHQ last year, EXCEPT during the night parties.  The wait time was so frigging long to get a drink and it felt like they either didn't have bartenders who cared or were just grossly inexperienced.  Otherwise I attended the Mr Robot panel (was great minus the humidity/heat), played Battlefront upstairs about 10? times, did the VR sessions twice, and just kind of enjoyed myself.  Was a blast.

I think their panels are pretty much what they do best.  They might be better off renting a school building or something more set up for that format (if there ever are any).

Offline NoOtherOptions!

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 06:02:18 AM »
You get wish as I heard last year's zombie con bombed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? Any info on that? That was the "walker stalker fan fest" right? 

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 07:23:46 AM »
Really? Any info on that? That was the "walker stalker fan fest" right?

I went to that, just to check it out. It was okay, but honestly, with SDCC going on next door, it wasn't worth it. They didn't have any 'alive' actors there and it was three quarters empty.

Offline fivexfive84

• Exhibit Hall
  • Twitter: @fivexfive84
  • Liked: 58
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 08:43:07 AM »
I had a great time at the Joss Whedon panel last year (still can't believe I managed to get those tickets)! However, the panel room at the Children's Museum was super hot and stuffy. I much preferred the setup at Petco Park. And I agree about the bar setup. We waited in line forever only to get to the front to be told that they were completely out of ice. Warm cocktail, no thank you. Either way, if I can get tickets, I'll be back regardless of the venue!
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019
EMCC 2011
Wondercon 2017

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 09:47:58 AM »
Pay close attention to their Twitter account for announcements. Or better yet we all can start asking them on Twitter.

If they have enough demand then it makes the decision easier and it will show our motivations to see it return.

TheNerdMachine had a podcast called Picking Favorites at Wolfpop.com.  They had been doing it for over a year, but recently did their final podcast.

During that podcast, Dave Coleman (Zachary Levi's business partner) mentioned that they are already working on trying to bring Nerd HQ this year.  That isn't a formal announcement, but no one needs to convince them that there is demand for it.

As a merchandise retailer, I'm sure SDCC is to their sales what Christmas is to a regular retailer.

I'm hoping that they fix the panel situation.  If you weren't in the first few rows, you could see nothing except the TV screens.

I'm also hoping they fix the drink situation at the parties, but I fear these parties have gotten too well known and popular and will get more and more in demand every year.  I couldn't even get into the building the second night last year.

Offline justboogie

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 161
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 10:29:50 AM »
I hope they have a better system in place or improve upon the wristband scanners. The scanners were terrible and held up the line. The wristband themselves were great souvenirs to keep, but having to wear it the entire weekend (because it was so hard to take off) was a pain.
"I have three kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and three money?"
-Homer Simpson

Offline NoOtherOptions!

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 11:52:08 AM »
I hope they have a better system in place or improve upon the wristband scanners. The scanners were terrible and held up the line. The wristband themselves were great souvenirs to keep, but having to wear it the entire weekend (because it was so hard to take off) was a pain.

Yeah you either had to have them on (and if you got them on you couldn't loosen the damned wrist band and they didn't bother to tell people that) or they were so small you'd lose them in your bag.  Plus it seemed like they needed more than one entrance.  The main entrance was so chaotic.  Thursday was easy to get in, Friday/Saturday fahget about it. 

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2016, 12:21:21 PM »
I think their panels are pretty much what they do best.  They might be better off renting a school building or something more set up for that format (if there ever are any).
An ideal space for their panels would be at the now-closed Reading Cinemas Gaslamp.  8)
It could work.

Offline juliafrood

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 185
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2016, 07:47:20 PM »
An ideal space for their panels would be at the now-closed Reading Cinemas Gaslamp.  8)
It could work.

OOOOOoooooh, I like it!

Offline jenluciabb

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2016, 07:55:47 PM »
A theater would be an amazing place to hold NerdHQ panels