Author Topic: D23: July 14—16 2017  (Read 39041 times)

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
Re: D23: July 14—16 2017
« Reply #315 on: July 17, 2017, 09:32:56 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
And I had heard that for some signing on Saturday, they accidentally gave out all of the wristbands on Friday.
I believe this was for the Auli'i Cravalho signing. It (like all signings at the Disney Music Emporium) required an album purchase (wristband given at time of purchase) and the booth distributed all of them before Friday was over. They tweeted about a limited number of additional wristbands potentially being available on Saturday, but I don't know if that actually panned out.

(I did not personally attempt this signing, but there was fairly extensive discussion of it on a D23 facebook group I belong to).

Offline Cut That Meat

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 176
« Reply #316 on: July 18, 2017, 09:54:10 AM »
My favorite thing about D23 is how self-contained it is and how you can walk away feeling like you did most, if not all, of what you wanted to do without feeling like you missed too much like at SDCC. On the downside... whew, the event organizers have a lot to learn (again). Not sure what happened between Saturday and Sunday that the entrance line flow was completely altered when I arrived (it didn't help that they weren't using the outside metal detectors or more than one entrance inside the building). I also felt like the Pixar/Animation booth was run fairly well Friday/Saturday, but it devolved into pure chaos on Sunday. Don't think the floor is adequately prepared to deal with all the extra people on the floor who aren't shacked up in Hall D23 for the movies or parks and resorts panels.

I have a question: Does anyone know if any of the unsold D23 Expo or exclusive shirts/clothing from the three main Expo stores end up being shifted over to Disneyland or Downtown Disney? Since I'll be passing through Anaheim on my post-SDCC drive, I thought I might stop by and reconsider some of the items I couldn't completely talk myself into originally.
SDCC 2008, 2010-11, 2013-19, 2022-23
WC 2014-16, 2023
D23 2015, 2017, 2019, 2022
ECCC 2019

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #317 on: Today at 07:49:07 AM »

Offline indiglow

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 51
« Reply #317 on: July 18, 2017, 10:17:29 AM »
What happened with ouat?

i heard to get the photo op with colin, you needed a wristband. the problem the wristband was secretly distributed at a random time. so unless you were lucky enough when they distributed the wristband, you were out of luck. the problem too people had already lined up for the photo op, not knowing you needed a wristband. this is just what i heard, im not sure how accurate this is.

The short shory is what [member=2397]TheNeck[/member] said. The long story is that there was a Descendants disaster on Friday where (I may not have it exactly correct) the Talent Central area was either they were mobbed by fans wanting the wristbands for the photo op or signing (whichever) OR it was apparently unknown (on the app or otherwise) that a purchase was required to get the wristband. Either way, it resulted in a huge mob that made TC wary of this happening again with OUAT bc of safety issues/fire marshall.

So on Saturday, OUAT's panel was at 3 and lineup started a few hours early for that. Apparently (and this is what I read from D23 fb groups), around 1ish PM, a guy started hanging out wristbands in the OUAT panel line, but you could only get them if you went to TC and asked for the name of someone (the manager guy I think), then go back to the wristband guy, give him the "password," and get the wristband. People who got them were warned NOT to tell anyone what they were for and to NOT tell them what they were in line for when they got in line for the photo op. What the manager guy told us was that he told his staff that only people who came up to TC and asked about the wristbands were given the info of how to get them (but this might've only been during the distribution hour so like right time, right place). All this was to prevent another mob incident, but they completely failed obviously, because  a lot were already upset before the panel and of course, once that let out, they swarmed all around the TC area. At least 5-10 TC staffers were getting harassed/yelled at and had to repeat the same bad news/info over and over.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 02:13:06 PM by indiglow »