Author Topic: 2016 Funko Fundays event chat  (Read 30711 times)

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
2016 Funko Fundays event chat
« on: May 13, 2016, 12:45:03 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"Fundays tickets will go on sale on
Wednesday, June 1, 2016 - 12:00pm PT

$120 (plus fees) per ticket

Please read our policies ahead of time so you aren't faced with any surprises when you go to purchase your tickets or arrive at the event!

It's that time again! This year promises to be bigger and better with more entertainment than ever. You'll spend the evening at the Grand Hyatt Manchester in lovely San Diego with your fellow funatics, Funko employees and special guests. Everyone will be enjoying food, drinks and a full evening of entertainment hosted by Funko's very own Brian Mariotti and Mike Becker. There will be prizes galore, contests, corn, and a whole lot more. And, of course, every attendee receives a legendary Funko "Box O' Fun" just for being part of this annual event. Each attendee also receives two drink tickets, heavy appetizers and enough memories to last three lifetimes.

Tickets will go on sale Wednesday, June 1st at 12 noon Pacific Time. Be ready - tickets will go fast!

Doors will open at 6pm and the evening's entertainment starts at 8pm. In an effort to allow as many different people to attend as possible, there is a limit of TWO (2) tickets per customer. You must register the names for each ticket holder. Only ONE "Box O' Fun" will be given to each attendee. One ticket, one attendee, one box! Repeated for emphasis: one person cannot redeem multiple tickets for multiple boxes of fun!

FAQs

Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?

No. While we do not recommend this event for small children, children are welcome. However, every attendee will require a ticket, regardless of age.

Is my registration/ticket transferable?

No. Any attempts at transferring tickets will result in cancellation of said ticket.

Why is the limit only 2 tickets per customer?

Our ticketing limitations are designed in order to allow as many different people to attend Fundays as possible. We want to make sure we spread the tickets out and don't want people purchasing blocks of tickets. We reserve the right to cancel any attempts to purchase more than 2.

Why is the policy only ONE box of Box of Fun per customer?

We don't want people to purchase multiple tickets just to collect multiple boxes. Instead, we want those tickets to go to other fans that would like to attend the event. The idea is to come to the event and experience Fundays together - not just collect the free stuff!

Can I update my registration information?

Yes.

Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?

No, but we recommend it.

The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?

Yes, but you can only redeem ONE ticket per customer. If you have multiple tickets, you will not receive multiple boxes of fun. Only ONE Box of Fun will be given to each ticket-holder.

See you there!"

eta to modify the title
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 05:35:51 PM by alyssa »
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline CaseyJones14

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 146
Re: Re: Funko 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 01:08:15 PM »
Ugh that's so far away!!
Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
Trouble ahead, trouble behind
And you know that notion just crossed my mind

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: 2016 Funko Fundays event chat
« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:40:56 AM »

Offline nedoeht3705

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 109
Re: Re: Funko 2016
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 01:36:46 PM »

Fundays tickets will go on sale on
Wednesday, June 1, 2016 - 12:00pm PT
$120 (plus fees) per ticket

Please read our policies ahead of time so you aren't faced with any surprises when you go to purchase your tickets or arrive at the event!

It's that time again! This year promises to be bigger and better with more entertainment than ever. You'll spend the evening of Friday, July 22nd at the Grand Hyatt Manchester in lovely San Diego with your fellow funatics, Funko employees and special guests. Everyone will be enjoying food, drinks and a full evening of entertainment hosted by Funko's very own Brian Mariotti and Mike Becker. There will be prizes galore, contests, corn, and a whole lot more. And, of course, every attendee receives a legendary Funko "Box O' Fun" just for being part of this annual event. Each attendee also receives two drink tickets, heavy appetizers and enough memories to last three lifetimes.

Tickets will go on sale Wednesday, June 1st at 12 noon Pacific Time. Be ready - tickets will go fast!

Doors will open at 6pm and the evening's entertainment starts at 8pm. In an effort to allow as many different people to attend as possible, there is a limit of TWO (2) tickets per customer. You must register the names for each ticket holder. Only ONE "Box O' Fun" will be given to each attendee. One ticket, one attendee, one box! Repeated for emphasis: one person cannot redeem multiple tickets for multiple boxes of fun

Offline ALF

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 320
Funko Funday 2016
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 02:46:15 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ^-^

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
Re: Funko Funday 2016
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 02:49:04 PM »
Why not let Funko Fundays have its own thread?  8)

Offline ALF

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 320
Re: Funko Funday 2016
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 02:51:47 PM »
Yea i agree.. I had a very difficult time finding out when was ticket went on sale last year.
This way there are not mystery.. Its an OFFSITE not a COLLECTIBLE. =)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: Funko 2016
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 04:10:51 PM »
Please only discuss sdcc funko exclusives in the funko SDCC exclusives thread

funko fundays convo. belongs in the "off site' area

funko products in general belong in the funko thread in the con suite area
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 04:19:06 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
Re: Funko 2016
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 05:22:27 PM »
Mods-can this thread be renamed for clarity?
Ang

Offline squidward

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 59
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 05:20:18 PM »
I have a question. Last year I saw the ticket sales notification too late for Fundays.
The tickets had names on them. Did anyone capture the sequence of screens for how to check out, like a step by step walkthrough?
I just want to know exactly what to do in advance to make my checkout go quickly.
Thx

Offline NoOtherOptions!

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 144
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 10:59:08 AM »
I have a question. Last year I saw the ticket sales notification too late for Fundays.
The tickets had names on them. Did anyone capture the sequence of screens for how to check out, like a step by step walkthrough?
I just want to know exactly what to do in advance to make my checkout go quickly.
Thx

Theya re using eventbrite, just go check another set of their sales pages.  They will likely be the same.

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 08:47:07 AM »
So who is all nervous for tomorrow?  This is my first year trying to go.  Hopefully the tickets last an hour or so like last year did!

Offline NoOtherOptions!

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 144
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 10:20:13 AM »
So who is all nervous for tomorrow?  This is my first year trying to go.  Hopefully the tickets last an hour or so like last year did!

They won't since they announced in advanced the sale date last year there was very short notice.  That said, it's not going to make or break anyone's con and if it does that's pretty unfortunate and any singular event shouldn't determine your experience. 

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2016, 11:30:59 AM »

I'm nervous and I'm just helping a friend  :D!  I wouldn't count on tickets lasting an hour, get there right at the sale start time.  Better safe than sorry.

Offline Kevin Rutan

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 360
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2016, 11:52:16 AM »
If you haven't already done so, make an Eventbrite account. It will save you time at checkout.
Geology isn't a real science. -Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2016, 03:05:26 PM »
I know I can't believe it is tomorrow. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I have arranged to combine my lunch and break starting at 11:50, my son will be at home ready, Kurt's gf Alana is participating from her house; unfortunately, Jordan will be at work and Lexi will be at school, but I am trying to be positive. I'm just hoping not to get shut out.
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23