Author Topic: Body paint?  (Read 5879 times)

Offline epicaz

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 264
Re: Body paint?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 03:59:26 PM »
I'm doing body paint for my Ahsoka cosplay this year. I've been using Temptu Pro paints with an airbrusher and I highly recommend it. Alcohol based paints are more long lasting and will look excellent throughout the day, and will come off easy peasy with some coconut oil when you're done

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2016, 04:07:28 PM »
[member=473]epicaz[/member] Wow, that's definitely a level beyond anything I've ever tried! I always think airbrushed makeup looks amazing, but the bulk of my cosplay skills are on the sewing side so I try to keep the makeup simple since I have no talent for it. :P

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 01:32:18 AM »

Offline MarvelGurl

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 273
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2016, 07:29:30 AM »
I did Mystique 2-3 years ago which required me to do my arms, underarms, midriff, back, hands, and face. After some research I settled on Mehron Paradise paint. A big plus for me is the fact that the brand is cruelty free and lightweight. It's water activated so it's super easy and smooth to put on and easy to wash off with soap and water. It didn't even stain the hotel shower.

It didn't smear on anyone I took pictures with and I probably took over 100 pictures that day. It lasted about 8 hours before the paint started to lose its luster. It started to rub off and got a little paler in color. I initially applied two coats for even coverage and used Mehron sealer spray.

When I did this look I used a foundation brush to do the makeup myself and it took about two hours. Without an airbrush machine I highly recommend using a sea sponge to apply body paint. It will cut the time significantly.