You are not allowed to view links.
Register or Login
The reason is that it keeps the multiple entries as low as they can get it. If you have to keep a browser open, and be able to realize when it gets in the room and enter the info your gonna have around 16 entries max. But if you can just send in a form anytime over the course of a day then you can enter the hotel lottery hundreds of times.
Not if.... dun dun dun.... the submission was associated with your Member ID!!!!
And there are a ton of reasons why this would be bad or hard to implement.
Thanks to you both. What's the name of the doggy day care? I live in LA as well and would like other doggy day care options other than Petsmart.I really like the Marriott Gaslamp last year, but if they're not pet friendly than I have always wanted to try Hotel Indigo. I'll also look into Solamar, but that might be pricey?
Is April 6 still the unofficial tentative date for hotels to go on sale?
Press does have to have a Member ID as well. I agree that the people who don't know if they have badges by the time the hotel lottery comes around is a very small pool, and CCI could easily hold back a small number of rooms for them. But this is something they have been reluctant to do, despite numerous requests.
With 130,000 total attendees, my definition of a very small pool would be anything less than about 2,600 people, although I realize others might disagree.And I agree there's no way CCI would know which rooms to set aside for those people - but I'm not sure it matters. There's no way CCI can match everyone with a room they want. So, while I don't have any desire to make the late-room-needing people more disadvantaged than the main bulk of the attendees, I don't want to see them more advantaged, either. If they can only get the MMM and not the Omni, or the HBF but not the Hard Rock...I'm afraid I don't see that as a problem.Frankly, if you offered me the opportunity to reserve, right now, ANY room in a six-block radius from Comic-Con at the negotiated convention rate, I would take it. I have specific preferences, and there are definitely hotels in that list that I'd prefer not to stay at, but I'd take it and be grateful. I agree that limiting the hotel sale to badgeholders would be unfair to the 1-5% of people who don't know they'll be attending until quite late, and if there was a way to do it without disadvantaging those people I'd be all for it. But I do also think that it would make it fairer for the other 95% of attendees, and for me that means the good outweighs the bad. I do understand how reasonable people might feel the opposite, but this is how I see it, so I'll keep advocating for CCI to make the change. (Not that they've ever shown any inclination to do so.)
You are not allowed to view links.
Register or Login I don't want to keep arguing with you, because I agree that many of your points are valid, and it's clear that we're just never going to agree.I will say, though, that I believe you've identified the crux of our disagreement: you believe the hotel sale should be open to everyone, and I believe it should be open only to badgeholders. The nitpicky points of who exactly is a badgeholder (FWIW, I mean anyone participating in SDCC itself in any capacity, but not anyone connected only with the offsites or other properties) and when people know they will need a room aside, that seems to be where we diverge, and we're just never going to see eye to eye on that.