Author Topic: SDCC 2017 Pro Registration  (Read 56481 times)

Offline spoox

• Exhibit Hall
  • Alaska, The Real Hoth!
  • Liked: 27
Re: SDCC 2017 Pro Registration
« Reply #255 on: March 25, 2017, 04:01:07 PM »
I logged in around 9:15 with Firefox and was able to get a free and a paid badge :) I am so stoked! Congrats guys! Looks like most here got what they wanted :)

Offline jeffa

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #256 on: March 30, 2017, 07:03:01 PM »
Has anybody made a "delayed" login recently and tried for a paid guest badge? If those are being limited for Creatives more this year than in the past, undoubtedly they will be limited for Trades too.

By the way, here's the courtesy email they sent to qualifying Trade Professionals. (if you think you should have received it but didn't, it's a good time to check with CCI.) It answers one of the questions I've seen here, namely "what if I'm in my last year of eligibility .. should I buy a day in Open Registration in order to be eligible for Returning Registration next year?" Not if you later buy a Pro badge, so consider it only if you're attending just part of the time, are eligible for the senior or military discount, or need 4 days + PN for a pro guest.

Dear Trade Professional,

We wanted to send you a courtesy notice that trade professional badge registration for Comic-Con 2017 will open later this spring. You will receive an email with additional information regarding online trade professional badge registration at a later date. No action is required from you at this time.

The professional badge registration period opening on March 23, 2017 is for creative professionals only.  Trade professionals may not register during this period.

Open Registration for attendees will occur in early April.  We recommend that you also do not purchase a badge during this sale, and wait for trade professional badge registration to open later this spring. If you purchase an attendee badge and later register for a trade professional badge, your attendee badge will be automatically cancelled and refunded, less a 10% processing fee.

For more information, please visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:31:28 PM by jeffa »

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #257 on: Today at 08:18:59 AM »

Offline EscoBlades

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #257 on: April 05, 2017, 12:55:21 PM »
I feel like i saw a post recently about this, but can't find it.

Anyone have a rough guesstimate of when Trade Pro badges are likely to go on sale?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jeffa

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #258 on: April 06, 2017, 04:19:11 AM »
Last year it was two weeks after Open Registration. It stayed open for more than a month, but I think they want the initial Trade Pro registration to come before the Hotel Lottery starts.

Offline EscoBlades

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #259 on: April 07, 2017, 09:56:00 AM »
Last year it was two weeks after Open Registration. It stayed open for more than a month, but I think they want the initial Trade Pro registration to come before the Hotel Lottery starts.

That would be perfect timing. Thanks for the info :)

Offline jeffa

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #260 on: April 17, 2017, 09:50:22 AM »
One thing I missed in the fine print this year: "Trade professionals may not register for a badge during creative professional registration." Because that deadline is May 12, I hereby amend my prediction to May 13. (I guess the Trade guest-badge sales are closely tied to the numbers left after the Creatives are through, but it's strange to start the hotel bookings before then.)

Offline EscoBlades

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #261 on: April 17, 2017, 01:47:28 PM »
One thing I missed in the fine print this year: "Trade professionals may not register for a badge during creative professional registration." Because that deadline is May 12, I hereby amend my prediction to May 13. (I guess the Trade guest-badge sales are closely tied to the numbers left after the Creatives are through, but it's strange to start the hotel bookings before then.)

Yeah, primarily because of the hotel sale, i anticipate that you were correct first time round. I realise CCI doesn't place all that much importance on us Trade Pros, but ultimately, we pay for our badges so...

Offline lukabratzi

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #262 on: April 18, 2017, 08:48:06 AM »
Yeah, primarily because of the hotel sale, i anticipate that you were correct first time round. I realise CCI doesn't place all that much importance on us Trade Pros, but ultimately, we pay for our badges so...
I... can't imagine they would wait until *after* hotels to book trade pros.  At that point trade pros wouldn't even have anywhere to stay if they did get badges.

I'm new to this, but I have to imagine that comment about not being eligible during the creative window simply means that trade pros can't register until comic con says they can.  It could very well be that there's a period of time where both creative stragglers and trade pros can register simultaneously.

Anyone from past years have thoughts on this?

Offline EscoBlades

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #263 on: April 21, 2017, 03:34:58 PM »
Well looks like hotel sale is happening BEFORE Pro badge registration.

We really are bottom of the pile, haha

Offline lukabratzi

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #264 on: April 21, 2017, 03:44:12 PM »
Well looks like hotel sale is happening BEFORE Pro badge registration.

We really are bottom of the pile, haha
Ughhhhhhh it would be insane of them to do trade pro after hotels.  In the past 3 years they've always done trade pro before hotels.  One year they did trade pro 2 days before the hotel lottery, and I'm hoping thats the case here.  If pro hasn't opened by EOD Monday I'm going to start freaking out.

Offline EscoBlades

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #265 on: April 21, 2017, 04:36:12 PM »
Ughhhhhhh it would be insane of them to do trade pro after hotels.  In the past 3 years they've always done trade pro before hotels.  One year they did trade pro 2 days before the hotel lottery, and I'm hoping thats the case here.  If pro hasn't opened by EOD Monday I'm going to start freaking out.

They sent an email out to Trade Pros, so worth checking.

Basically states that you are guaranteed a badge and should participate in this hotel sale.

Offline jeffa

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #266 on: April 26, 2017, 07:18:29 AM »
I'm patting us all on the back thinking that they sent out that email because we were starting to be concerned. 8)

Offline lukabratzi

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #267 on: May 03, 2017, 02:33:39 PM »
Trade Pro registration is up and as of now they still have paid guest badges available.  Good luck everyone!

Extremely relieved to have gotten badges for my brother and I.  Does anyone know if Trade Pro's get preview night access?

Offline dunkaroos

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 22
« Reply #268 on: May 03, 2017, 02:36:41 PM »
My friend who was going to be my trade pro +1 got a badge elsewhere, so I have a guest badge available. Is there a thread here of people requesting badges? Not sure what the protocol is but I'd hate to see a badge go to waste. It's been claimed, thanks!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 03:43:36 PM by dunkaroos »

Offline EscoBlades

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #269 on: May 03, 2017, 02:59:47 PM »
Does anyone know if Trade Pro's get preview night access?

Yes we do