Author Topic: D23: How will SDCC be affected? Star Wars/Marvel?  (Read 8956 times)

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
Re: D23: How will SDCC be affected? Star Wars/Marvel?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 04:28:17 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Here's my guess -- D23 will have Last Jedi and Thor:Ragnarok.  San Diego will have Infinity Wars.  Given the cast size of Infinity Wars, I feel like SDCC is better for that.

Other possibility with Star Wars -- Young Han Solo has a May 2018 release date.  There's no Celebration or D23 next year.  Maybe we'll see something from that movie at D23 or SDCC?

In any event, I have tickets for both cons, so I'll be good and dead when I get back from California.
I doubt Disney would withhold Infinity Wars at their own expo. It will be there. All that stuff will be there, imo. The question is, will it be recycled stuff from D23, new behind the scene stuff or nothing at all?
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2017, 05:43:02 PM »
D23 they do all of the live action films in a 3 hour panel.  In 2015, Force Awakens had all of 15 minutes, and I think only 4 of the stars were there (Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Harrison Ford, and Lupito N'uyongo).  Much smaller than their SDCC panel.  They might not want to bring everyone for Infinity Wars in for such a brief appearance.

I just haven't gotten the sense that D23 does the 10+ person panels like we've seen at SDCC.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 12:31:16 PM »

Offline lawboysam

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2017, 10:01:28 AM »
Looks like Marvel's back: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2017, 10:02:37 AM »
Beat me to it! Lol

So, Hall H group happening now? ;) I'm in if so. Hehe!
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline mdla

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 171
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2017, 10:12:59 AM »
Looks like Marvel's back: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Woah, did they just reveal that the second Avengers movie is a Secret Wars film?

EDIT: Looks like whatever language I saw/hallucinated is now gone haha.  Wouldn't mind a Secret Wars film and I could see the end of Infinity Wars being a natural bridge to it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 10:39:28 AM by mdla »

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2017, 01:25:05 PM »
Woah, did they just reveal that the second Avengers movie is a Secret Wars film?

EDIT: Looks like whatever language I saw/hallucinated is now gone haha.  Wouldn't mind a Secret Wars film and I could see the end of Infinity Wars being a natural bridge to it.

What did you see???  ???

Offline mdla

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 171
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2017, 01:51:03 PM »
What did you see???  ???

I thought I saw the words "second untitled Avengers Secret Wars" movie but I was prolly wrong

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2017, 08:16:50 AM »
D23 they do all of the live action films in a 3 hour panel.  In 2015, Force Awakens had all of 15 minutes, and I think only 4 of the stars were there (Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Harrison Ford, and Lupito N'uyongo).  Much smaller than their SDCC panel.  They might not want to bring everyone for Infinity Wars in for such a brief appearance.

I just haven't gotten the sense that D23 does the 10+ person panels like we've seen at SDCC.
To be fair, last D23 was a few weeks after Comic-Con: meaning they already got HUGE publicity and what-not from that event and could take it easier at D23.  With D23 the week before Comic-Con, I expect the opposite may happen: bigger at their own event, maybe toned-down at SDCCI.
Or they'll go big at both and be hyped that they 'gave' all the cool stuff to Disney first, and then do an encore at SDCCI.

As for 15 minute panels or what not, last year Marvel was promoting a TON of films and brought out practically the full cast/director for each one.  So each of the Marvel films only had about 15 min. at best last year and that worked out fine.

I'll be curious to see if D23 is radically different this year being the week BEFORE the San Diego action

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2017, 08:17:53 AM »
I thought I saw the words "second untitled Avengers Secret Wars" movie but I was prolly wrong
Probably saw "second untitled Avengers INFINITY Wars" movie.
You were pretty darn close!  ;)

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2017, 02:57:55 AM »
Does anyone know what Kevin Feige actually said? I can't seem to find a quote. I guess I am just being picky, but if he said they will have a presence, or will be in Hall H. I see reports that he mentioned Hall H, but other reports just said there would be a presence. I can't find a quote of what he actually said. Did I give up too soon-did anyone else find it?

Okay-I will take the multiple reporters' word for it, and go back to being happy that Marvel will be in Hall H.
Ang

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2017, 07:55:23 AM »
Does anyone know what Kevin Feige actually said? I can't seem to find a quote. I guess I am just being picky, but if he said they will have a presence, or will be in Hall H. I see reports that he mentioned Hall H, but other reports just said there would be a presence. I can't find a quote of what he actually said. Did I give up too soon-did anyone else find it?

Okay-I will take the multiple reporters' word for it, and go back to being happy that Marvel will be in Hall H.

I feel like they would have corrected it fast if it wasn't the case.  Marvel would not want that out there if it wasn't true.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2017, 08:39:28 AM »
I feel like they would have corrected it fast if it wasn't the case.  Marvel would not want that out there if it wasn't true.
Good point. I just kept seeing two different wordings, and wondered why there was no direct quote.

This is such great news, any way you word it!
Ang

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 08:53:23 AM »
Good point. I just kept seeing two different wordings, and wondered why there was no direct quote.

This is such great news, any way you word it!

I think it was a press release they sent out.   Everyone is trying to reword the same press release so it's not word for word in the email they received.

We do the same thing on the forums blog when we get press releases. 
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline kohyuta

• Ballroom 20
  • Be water, my friend.
    • World Gone Geek
  • Liked: 226
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2017, 03:11:54 PM »
I suspect Marvel will have more than just a "presence" this year with so many movies upcoming. Even if they just repeat D23, I'm hyped to see anything from Black Panther (trailer please!), Infinity Wars (trailer please!), Ant-Man & Wasp, and Captain Marvel. I doubt they'll pull out all of the stops like they did last year (what an amazing panel!), but then again, how amazing would it be to see the ENTIRE cast of Infinity Wars on stage?!?
-----
Be Water, My Friend

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2017, 07:04:19 PM »
I suspect Marvel will have more than just a "presence" this year with so many movies upcoming. Even if they just repeat D23, I'm hyped to see anything from Black Panther (trailer please!), Infinity Wars (trailer please!), Ant-Man & Wasp, and Captain Marvel. I doubt they'll pull out all of the stops like they did last year (what an amazing panel!), but then again, how amazing would it be to see the ENTIRE cast of Infinity Wars on stage?!?
Stop it! I am trying to convince myself that I don't want to try for Saturday Hall H!
Ang