Author Topic: D23: How will SDCC be affected? Star Wars/Marvel?  (Read 827 times)

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
    • My Super Cool Comics, Movies, and Video Games Blog
  • Liked: 195
Re: D23: How will SDCC be affected? Star Wars/Marvel?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 04:28:17 pm »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Here's my guess -- D23 will have Last Jedi and Thor:Ragnarok.  San Diego will have Infinity Wars.  Given the cast size of Infinity Wars, I feel like SDCC is better for that.

Other possibility with Star Wars -- Young Han Solo has a May 2018 release date.  There's no Celebration or D23 next year.  Maybe we'll see something from that movie at D23 or SDCC?

In any event, I have tickets for both cons, so I'll be good and dead when I get back from California.
I doubt Disney would withhold Infinity Wars at their own expo. It will be there. All that stuff will be there, imo. The question is, will it be recycled stuff from D23, new behind the scene stuff or nothing at all?
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise
Blog: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

2014: SDCC & LBCC.
2015: WonderCon, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Zappcon & Comikaze.
2016: SVCC, WonderCon, SDCC.
2017: ECCC, WonderCon, SWCO (Maybe), SVCC, E3, D23,

Offline sefton42

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 124
Re: D23: How will SDCC be affected? Star Wars/Marvel?
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2017, 05:43:02 pm »
D23 they do all of the live action films in a 3 hour panel.  In 2015, Force Awakens had all of 15 minutes, and I think only 4 of the stars were there (Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Harrison Ford, and Lupito N'uyongo).  Much smaller than their SDCC panel.  They might not want to bring everyone for Infinity Wars in for such a brief appearance.

I just haven't gotten the sense that D23 does the 10+ person panels like we've seen at SDCC.