Author Topic: My AL PACINO Book  (Read 1392 times)

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
My AL PACINO Book
« on: April 28, 2017, 02:19:13 AM »
Maybe not as geeky as this forum is used to, however I've written a book about the iconic actor Al Pacino.

Here is some blurb about it:

Al Pacino: The Movies Behind The Man is the ultimate insider’s guide to the filmography of the legendary Hollywood actor.
Consistently recognised as one of the greatest actors of all time, Al Pacino has a huge legacy within film and an equally impressive archive of awards to his name. Unlike many other books that hold a sole character in their title, whether you’re a fan of his repertoire or not, Al Pacino: The Movies Behind The Man gives a remarkable and often unexplored insight into film and one of it’s key actors, making this an accessible and inspiring read.
Giving an in-depth look at the films made by this icon throughout his career, Al Pacino: The Movies Behind The Man explores his legacy from his breakout performance in The Panic in Needle Park through to the early highs of the 1970s and 80s with The Godfather Parts I and II, Serpico, Dog Day Afternoon and Scarface. Each chapter of this book guides the reader through the inception, pre-production and filming of Al Pacino’s entire film catalogue, delving in to previously unearthed critique and opinions of those that worked so closely with him.

Readers can explore the reviews and the box office returns and digest a critical analysis on every film Pacino has ever worked on. His big box office hits such as Heat, The Devil’s Advocate and Donnie Brasco through to the smaller, independent and personal productions including The Local Stigmatic, Looking For Richard and Chinese Coffee make for an inspirited variation of accounts and insight into the workings of such a highly regarded character.
Featuring over fifty exclusive interviews from actors, directors, producers and writers, interviews include the likes of Stephen Bauer (Scarface), Jerry Schatzberg (The Panic in Needle Park), Israel Horovitz (Author! Author!), Hugh Hudson (Revolution), Bruce Altman (Glengarry Glen Ross), Lowell Bergman (The Insider), Jay Mohr (S1m0ne), Cary Brokaw (Angels in America), Kris Marshall (The Merchant of Venice), Lawrence Grobel (Salome and Wilde Salome) and many more.

Pre-order links are on here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I really can't wait for you all the read it. I spent two years writing it in secret. Now it's ready for the world.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 09:59:48 AM by FBS »

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Re: My AL PACINO Book
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 07:29:48 AM »
That is awesome. And 645 pages? Very impressive. Do you have any plans to release in other formats? (Asking as maybe the last person to not have a Kindle.)

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:50:49 AM »

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 07:49:16 AM »
Congrats FBS! I'll have to check it out.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That is awesome. And 645 pages? Very impressive. Do you have any plans to release in other formats? (Asking as maybe the last person to not have a Kindle.)

You can actually use a Kindle for PC App [Free] for your computer for reading e-books, if you don't have issues with reading a lot of text on a screen (of course there's also apps from Amazon for your phone as well.)
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 08:13:49 AM »
Congrats FBS! I'll have to check it out.

You can actually use a Kindle for PC App [Free] for your computer for reading e-books, if you don't have issues with reading a lot of text on a screen (of course there's also apps from Amazon for your phone as well.)

I didn't know that at all, thanks!

Mandatory Brydon & Coogan impersonation clip

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 08:28:36 AM »
Now for the real question... did you get to interview Al as part of writing the book? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7002
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 08:41:09 AM »
AARRRGGG [member=1130]FBS[/member] , you're putting me in a tricky spot. I like the book & i certainly want to help you but it's against the forum rule's on "No personal advertising."

Maybe if you presented it as a project your working on as opposed to linking to Amazon?

and yes, you can point out the hypocrisy on the Hangout on Sunday, LOL
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 08:45:27 AM »
AARRRGGG [member=1130]FBS[/member] , you're putting me in a tricky spot. I like the book & i certainly want to help you but it's against the forum rule's on "No personal advertising."

Maybe if you presented it as a project your working on as opposed to linking to Amazon?

and yes, you can point out the hypocrisy on the Hangout on Sunday, LOL

Oh shoot. Sorry Alyssa.

Shall I remove the Amazon links and just put a link to my website? Would that be OK?

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 09:01:48 AM »
Oh shoot. Sorry Alyssa.

Shall I remove the Amazon links and just put a link to my website? Would that be OK?

I believe a link to your personal website is totally fine.

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 09:50:07 AM »
I didn't know that at all, thanks!

Snipped

No problem! You can actually send e-books to multiple devices too and keep your progress.I used to use it for e-book textbooks a lot because I didn't have to carry around huge books and could make highlights/notes/etc. and pick up where I left off as long as I had internet access to sync.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 09:56:49 AM »
I believe a link to your personal website is totally fine.
Thanks. Shall sort shortly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2017, 09:58:03 AM »
Now for the real question... did you get to interview Al as part of writing the book? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Sadly not :(
I asked twice and got turned down. However the interviews include are with some of his closest friends and colleagues.

Offline Xircuits

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 01:42:05 PM »
This is pretty neat. I interned on a play that starred Al Pacino I think back in 2002. The National Actor's Theatre Company wanted to help revitalize Downtown Manhattan after 9/11 and it was their first production there. I had just transferred from Hofstra University to Pace University and NAT became kind of a resident theatre company in the Michael Schimmel Center (Pace's largest theatre). The play was called "The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui" and it had an all-star cast. I was lucky to get an internship there helping the stage managers and production managers out and learning a thing or two about what goes into a big budget theatre production. The crew was really nice. I didn't speak much to the cast because I figured they probably wouldn't care about a student intern, plus I'm also terribly shy. Good production. One night I was backstage after the show and Robert DeNiro came to see it. Al and Robert seemed like good friends with each other. Al Pacino was really into playing chess during the production and was always looking for someone to play against and I think there was a mention that he liked licorice.
Handle for most social media & gaming accounts: @Xircuits

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 01:48:52 PM »
That is an awesome story. Certainly something you'll never forget.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk