Author Topic: Halloween ComicFest 2017  (Read 2244 times)

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
Halloween ComicFest 2017
« on: May 09, 2017, 09:16:48 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Want more Free Comics? Head to your local comic shop on October 28th, 2017 for Halloween ComicFest! See more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Celebrating its sixth year, Halloween ComicFest is an annual event where participating local comic shops across North America and beyond celebrate the Halloween season by giving away free comics to fans. The event takes place the Saturday on or before Halloween each year and is the perfect opportunity to introduce friends and family to the many reasons why comics and comic shops are great! Comic shops are the perfect location to get into the sppoktacular season: from zombies, vampires, monsters, and aliens to costumes and more, comic shops have it all when it comes to Halloween fun!

Major publishers like DC Comics, Marvel Comics, Dark Horse Comics, and IDW Publishing put out free comics for fans to enjoy during Halloween. Also available are all-ages mini-comics, perfect to give out to trick-or-treaters or as party favors to inspire the next generation of comics readers! Popular series from past years have included Archie, Pokemon, and Grumpy Cat.

Fans can also enter "The Greatest Halloween Costume Contest Ever" each year during Halloween ComicFest. By dressing up in costume and taking a photo with one of the year's free books, adults and kids can win prize packs from popular companies like Funko and Scholastic and win a $500 shopping spree at their local comic store! It's a fun way to get the opportunity to broaden your horizons and pick up a product you might not otherwise get--it's also a great way to support your local comic store and the small business owners that manage the store.

To find out which local comic shops are participating in Halloween ComicFest, use the store locator here.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
Re: Halloween ComicFest 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 04:48:09 PM »
From You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Halloween ComicFest (HCF) 2017 is fast approaching! We'll be announcing the official HCF 2017 titles on Tuesday, 6/20 on a livestream broadcasted to the Halloween ComicFest Facebook page.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:32:02 AM »

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 07:47:12 PM »

Diamond Comic Distributors, the leader in the distribution of comic books, graphic novels, and pop culture merchandise to comic book shops, is excited to announce that the Netflix original series Stranger Things 2 will partner with Halloween ComicFest 2017 bringing participants in-store activations, branded merchandise and more.

An annual event held on the Saturday on or before Halloween, Halloween ComicFest celebrates its 6th year in 2017, with participating local comic shops around the world giving away free comics to all who go to participating shops. This year's event takes place on Saturday, October 28th, with nearly 2,000 comic shops expected to participate and give away over two million free comics to 500,000 fans.

As Halloween ComicFest's title sponsor, store bags and printed promotional materials distributed by local comic shops in advance of the event will include Stranger Things 2 branding. Stay tuned for more exciting announcements regarding in-store activations on Halloween ComicFest, Saturday, October 28th.

"The overlap between comic book fans and Stranger Things fans is incredible," said Michael Moccio, Advertising Partnerships Marketing Manager for Diamond. "We're thrilled to have Netflix and one of its premiere original series participate in Halloween ComicFest, which will serve as a great platform to drive one of the largest and most influential fan communities to local comic shops and to tune in this Halloween for the premiere of Stranger Things 2."

Netflix and Stranger Things 2 join other Halloween ComicFest sponsors including Dark Horse Comics, DC Comics, IDW Publishing, Image Comics, and Marvel Comics.

With full-size comics that range from action-packed superhero fare to adaptations of widely beloved films and novels and all-ages mini comics with recognizable characters from companies like Disney and DreamWorks, Halloween ComicFest 2017 is poised to attract readers and fans of all tastes to participating local comic shops on October 28th.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 11:57:39 AM by AzT »

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 11:53:28 AM »

2 more weeks until #HCF17! Do you know what comic shop you'll be going to on October 28th? You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 03:08:09 PM »

Hellboy confronts folklore's most horrific figures in HELLBOY AND THE BPRD 1953 from @DarkHorseComics: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  #HCF17
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 03:29:11 PM by AzT »

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 04:35:05 PM »
Was gonna try to hit up 2 or 3 shops but gotta job grr, so do what i can after and hope the shop i can get to has all the comics and lets u get a copy of ea one posted on the site and not just say u can only have so many of any titles lol. like free comic day one place said u was able to have 3 titles even though they had all titles to choose from lol so had chance get 4 instead of 3 lol.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 11:01:09 PM »

1 More Day Until Spooktacular Excitement Haunts Comic Shops! Don't Miss Out On #HCF17! Use Our Store Locator: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2017, 01:07:06 PM »
I was gonna go try for freebies after saw a site say what was gonna be possible, but knowing shops gotta buy supply it doesnt mean all shops will get all 10 or 20 plus comics just certain ones or none if not particapating for any reason. and since i been to shops alot past month , i need to take break cause got so many can read lol. so may do or go to a shop before free comic day , if not i can wait to get free comics and maybe buy any at time as well.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2017, 02:02:33 PM »
I hear you!  Just got the free Kindle versions of one of two DC titles (and three Harley Quinn Day comics) on Amazon, and hope they have some of the mini comic polybags at the shop!

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2017, 02:23:38 PM »
I remember at the sdcc i saw a guy saling modern comics and some was free comic day comics by chance, so i see he was trying to recoop or try to get some money back for what he spent to get the free comics for the day. i have learned from others that shops dont really get the comics free even if they are given to shoppers for free, they actually buy the supply what they can and u get them free on that certain day at time and by any chance free if any left over at the shop. but to retailer they gotta buy so i can see a retailer try to sale any to recollect whatever they spent to have for certain days. even in back issues i think a shop added any free comics to try and get back some pay for what they spent for the day or by chance bought from other shops to fill in back issues cause they have good deals and sale alot.

sorry about the ranting lol , just stuff i seen and know from learning over time.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2017, 06:44:41 PM »
I remember at the sdcc i saw a guy saling modern comics and some was free comic day comics by chance, so i see he was trying to recoop or try to get some money back for what he spent to get the free comics for the day. i have learned from others that shops dont really get the comics free even if they are given to shoppers for free, they actually buy the supply what they can and u get them free on that certain day at time and by any chance free if any left over at the shop. but to retailer they gotta buy so i can see a retailer try to sale any to recollect whatever they spent to have for certain days. even in back issues i think a shop added any free comics to try and get back some pay for what they spent for the day or by chance bought from other shops to fill in back issues cause they have good deals and sale alot.

sorry about the ranting lol , just stuff i seen and know from learning over time.

That's right and I think it's good to mention, a lot of people don't realize that the shops have to pay for the comics. My rule is to buy at least one thing from the shop for every free comic I take. (This isn't difficult, I cannot be trusted in any sort of bookstore.)

I was hoping our local library would participate like they did for FCBD but they didn't. However, even though I got to the closest comics store pretty late in the day they still had everything, so i was able to get the ones I wanted as well as the Emma pop. They didn't get nearly the crowd they get for FCBD.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2017, 08:52:20 PM »
I got so many great books, and made some purchases, too. And the icing on the cake: DH won a free Astonishing Ant-Man poster. He wasted no time getting it into a frame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ang

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2017, 11:37:29 AM »
I might have mentioned before , but if not i dont know why they dont put a disclaimer or waning about not all shops get all comics they post that to be at shops. i told that to one gal i called when i called a shop about the event and she was like that is true they should say not all shops gonna have same comics. one guy i know who owns a shop and does online sales besides any in shop sales showed he had like i think all the comics almost and in stacks but was able to get rid of some by telling shoppers to online sale u had to spend so much to get any or so many for free so he find ways to make back what he orders somehow. and i go to a shop who has back issues like crazy and they have it where u buy 12 for 10 bucks so it pretty good deal i guess or just a buck ea lol so it a nice deal get 2 extra and pay less or u buy like 10 u paying like 10 or more cause tax and stuff i guess. and if lucky and u aware u can find some already bag and board or gotta pay 15 cent for any at check out. but overall place has alot and alot good deals i think besides adds to back issues over time so u never know what u gonna find lol.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2017, 06:49:26 PM »
Forum Housekeeping:

Un-stickied Halloween ComicFest 2017, carry on discussion of your hauls! :)

Thank You For Making Halloween Comicfest 2017 A Success! #HCF17