Author Topic: DC Animated Premiere: Batman and Harley Quinn set for Friday night!  (Read 2991 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Premiere will be Friday, July 21.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
Re: DC Animated Premiere: Batman and Harley Quinn set for Friday night!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 10:27:00 AM »
Argh!  Right at Funko Fundays!

I wonder if they'll do a double-showing.  I vaguely remember them showing Batman: Flashpoint and then showing it right away again that evening...
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 10:39:17 AM »

I wonder if they'll do a double-showing.  I vaguely remember them showing Batman: Flashpoint and then showing it right away again that evening...
That was the one down side of getting Fundays tickets. Hopefully, they will do a double showing. They didn't last year, but that may be because it was rated R. I can't tell if this one is. Con-flicts! :)

Here is the Toucan blog article.

World Premiere of Batman and Harley Quinn at Comic-Con International

Celebrating a decade of DC Universe Original Movie world premieres in San Diego, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) will once again give fans their first look at an all-new animated feature with the presentation of Batman and Harley Quinn on Friday night (July 21, 2017) at Comic-Con International.

Since the debut of the DC Universe Original Movies in 2007 with Superman: Doomsday, WBHE has premiered its next-to-be-released film (when available) before 4,250 ardent fans in the San Diego Convention Center’s massive Ballroom 20.

In Batman and Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy and Jason Woodrue (a.k.a. The Floronic Man) embark on an ecological quest to save the planet-and, unfortunately, eliminate most of humankind along the way. To save humanity, Batman and Nightwing are forced to enlist Harley Quinn to catch Poison Ivy, Harley’s BFF and frequent partner-in-crime. But Batman’s patience is put to the test by the unpredictable and untrustworthy Harley during the twists and turns the reluctant companions face during their bumpy road trip. The result is a thrill ride of action, adventure and comedy no Batman fan has seen before.

The world premiere of Batman and Harley Quinn will include a post-screening panel discussion among available members of the core cast and filmmaking team. The latest DC animated film features a stellar voice cast led by Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series) reprising his role as the Dark Knight, alongside Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) making her debut as the irrepressible Harley Quinn. Loren Lester, the voice of Robin in Batman: The Animated Series, returns as Nightwing. Paget Brewster (Criminal Minds) and Kevin Michael Richardson (The Cleveland Show) provide the voices of the villainous duo Poison Ivy and Jason Woodrue.

Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment, Batman and Harley Quinn is directed by Sam Liu (Batman: The Killing Joke) from an original story by Bruce Timm (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns) with a teleplay written by Timm & Jim Krieg (Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox). Co-Producer is Alan Burnett (The Batman). Executive producers are Sam Register and Bruce Timm. Benjamin Melniker and Michael Uslan are executive producers.

Spawned from an original story by animation icon Bruce Timm, Batman and Harley Quinn arrives August 29, 2017 as the first Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack ($44.98 SRP) release of a DC Universe Original Movie; Blu-ray Deluxe Giftset ($39.99 SRP), featuring an exclusive Harley Quinn figurine; Blu-ray Combo Pack ($24.98 SRP); and DVD ($19.98 SRP). The Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack features an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc in 4K with HDR and a Blu-ray disc featuring the film; the Blu-ray Combo Pack features the film in hi-definition; and the DVD features the movie in standard definition. The Ultra HD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Combo Pack include a digital version of the film. Batman and Harley Quinn comes to Digital ($19.99 HD, $14.99 SD) on August 15, 2017.

eta: The movie is PG-13, so maybe there is a better chance that there will be two showing. Fingers crossed!
Ang

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 10:48:47 AM »

As far as I remember, they have always done a double showing EXCEPT for last year. But last year's showing started later, and they said in the panel that they had to start later specifically because The Killing Joke was rated R. So I'd predict they'll return to the double-showing model this year. I hope so, anyway!

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 12:29:30 PM »
Yeah, this is why I was reluctant put all my Friday eggs in the Funko Fundays basket. The DC Animated Premiere is my favorite event at SDCC and it's always Friday night.

Since the article says there will be a post-screening panel, my opinion is that they'll return to the regular schedule and have a 7 PM first showing followed by a panel and an encore showing. Last year at the Killing Joke, they said since it was rated R they weren't allowed to show the movie until 10. But 10 probably would have been too late to start, so they started at 9 (and even then, the wait from when Scream Queens got out at 7:45 until 9 was kind of tiresome) and did a panel pre-screening. Although, it was kind of awkward since it was hard to make an hour long panel about a movie no one has seen yet. (And the Q&A after the movie was even more awkward, but that's a whole 'nother story... :P )
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 02:20:26 PM by hikanteki »
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 08:39:23 AM »
hmmm...so I might be able to get to this after FF...maybe...
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline thawk

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 124
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 12:21:51 PM »
I'm always conflicted by this panel because it's tough to do it along with Hall H for Saturday
nana nana nana nana BATMAN...!

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 11:12:12 AM »
It's official-there will be an encore screening!!

9:30pm —  11:00pm
Encore Screening: Batman and Harley Quinn
Ballroom 20
Ang

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 02:10:16 PM »
I arrived slightly before the first showing at 7...it wasn't quite a walk-in, but it was pretty close. The room had a good turnout but it was still nowhere near full. This is consistent with the previous DC animated premieres with the exception of The Killing Joke last year, probably because that only had one screening and higher than average anticipation.

Batman & Harley Quinn was amusing, and as usual had great animation...but was almost all fluff. It never took itself seriously, although to its credit, it never pretended like it was going to...in some ways, it was the complete antithesis of The Killing Joke. I think it could have done without the bathroom humor, though.

Also...are all DC animated movies shown at SDCC from now on going to have two superheroes get it on? That's two in a row... :o

Next year: Death of Superman.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15