Author Topic: Disney XD Bringing DuckTales Reboot to San Diego Comic-Con  (Read 5850 times)

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
Re: Disney XD Bringing DuckTales Reboot to San Diego Comic-Con
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 07:30:14 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
No schedule conflicts but debating on whether I want to put in the time for it. This would be the only panel I'd be interested in for that room and day. :-/
I have the opposite problem. I am most interested in the panel before, but am afraid I will be shut out because of Duck Tales. It is what it is! Yes, I can get in with a little planning, but trying to decide if I want to miss out on other stuff. (as with every day of the Con!)

It's a nice situation for the Duck Tales panel. Hopefully, lots of people will check out the show!
Ang

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2017, 10:45:10 AM »
You and I are in the same boat.  It looks like I'll have to drop in the middle or earlier of the TMNT panel get a seat for Star Vs the Forces of Evil.  I am surprised they are in a bigger room, but I think the show is starting to gain ground, plus I think its Disney's way to try to build up hype for their shows by placing them in front of a show they KNOW people are going to be lining up ahead of time.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 11:28:39 AM »

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2017, 11:06:06 AM »
You and I are in the same boat.  It looks like I'll have to drop in the middle or earlier of the TMNT panel get a seat for Star Vs the Forces of Evil.  I am surprised they are in a bigger room, but I think the show is starting to gain ground, plus I think its Disney's way to try to build up hype for their shows by placing them in front of a show they KNOW people are going to be lining up ahead of time.
So nice to see a fellow Star fan here on the forums. I love that show. I have done the autograph two years in a row, and have some great posters! Maybe the show will gain even more ground with this scheduling. Eden Sher is the beat (I am also a big Sue Heck fan).

I still haven't decided what to do...
Ang

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2017, 10:08:44 PM »
There are wayyyyy too many tough decisions for me to make for Friday programming....Young Justice (had math and science classes with Danica McKellar though I don't even know if she would be at this panel), MLPFIM, TMNT, Duck Tales.   
Perhaps I could make it easier on myself by attending DuckTales at the D23 Expo  :D

I did watch Star in season 1.   Had no idea when season 2 began because Disney XD is sooooo great at promoting these things so I'm very behind
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 10:25:49 PM by brand4d2 »

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2017, 11:02:28 PM »
So nice to see a fellow Star fan here on the forums. I love that show. I have done the autograph two years in a row, and have some great posters! Maybe the show will gain even more ground with this scheduling. Eden Sher is the beat (I am also a big Sue Heck fan).

I still haven't decided what to do...

Yea, its an awesome show and I can't wait for the new season.  But each panel has gotten bigger and bigger and while I have already got their autograph on posters, there is something really cool about meeting them live and chatting with them.  As cool as it would be to see and check out the new Ducktails, I'm not that nostalgic nor am I a Dr Who fan, so I'll probably skip out once the Star portion of the panel is done and head to get their autograph, if the line for that isn't already too big.

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2017, 06:28:09 AM »
Yea, its an awesome show and I can't wait for the new season.  But each panel has gotten bigger and bigger and while I have already got their autograph on posters, there is something really cool about meeting them live and chatting with them.  As cool as it would be to see and check out the new Ducktails, I'm not that nostalgic nor am I a Dr Who fan, so I'll probably skip out once the Star portion of the panel is done and head to get their autograph, if the line for that isn't already too big.
The line wasn't too bad last year. I keep telling myself I don't need to line up again, and to give someone else a chance...
Ang

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2017, 11:34:09 PM »
So did everybody make it into this panel?  I wanted to get into the Star Vs panel and got in line about 1:30 (halfway thru the TNMT panel) but got shut out.  I wasn't even close to that door and everybody around me was actually waiting on the Ducktails panel.  There were a ton of other people lining up behind me to when I decided to cut my losses at 2:20.  I will never underestimate the Whovians again.

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2017, 12:35:06 AM »
I got shut out of it as well.   I overheard someone saying "I feel sorry for whoever is really here for Duck Tales" and that totally sums it up.   

If I really, really, really wanted to, I could've camped out through all the sessions in that room as I was there for the first one of the day (MLPFIM).  But then that would have meant giving up on a signing with Tara Strong so in the end I feel I made the right call. 

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2017, 06:23:40 AM »
6A seemed to be packed all weekend. We looked at about 11:30 and the line was in the tents. We just didn't feel like standing outside. Although, it does seem we could have made it in, but would have to sit through other stuff (and stand in line for a while). What was a bummer is that 6bcf was fairly empty the whole time. Does anyone know if there was swag at the Star panel? I treasure my Star buttons from last year, since there isn't merchandise out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ang

Offline ripresa

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2017, 08:05:40 AM »
I couldn't get in, was greedy and tried to do both the Hall H Game of thrones and Ducktales. Showed up 1 hour before the session was about to start, my friend had stood there 30 mins earlier. 1 hr 30 mins is not long enough for David Tennent!

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2017, 09:37:23 PM »
Wooo-oooo!    The premiere was so outstanding!!!   

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2017, 06:18:32 AM »
And no excuse to miss it. I'm glad they showed it several times. It was really fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ang