Author Topic: Marvel Television Returns to San Diego Comic-Con!  (Read 3718 times)

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
Re: Marvel Television Returns to San Diego Comic-Con!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2017, 01:34:58 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Do we think the Strain crowd will hang around for Legion and Inhumans? I'm not looking forward to being in that room all day, but I would do it, to see those two panels.

There's a chance that a few people will leave, but I feel that Marvel has a larger fanbase than The Strain so it's likely to be a very small number.

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2017, 01:51:05 PM »
Agree, I would imagine the vast majority interested in strain are going to be interested in legion.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 06:53:03 AM »

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2017, 02:33:11 PM »
From Clerk's Gregg's twitter, it sounds like it was a timing thing why AoS isn't there, but they'll be at NYCC.

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2017, 02:35:48 PM »
really wish defenders wasnt in hall h. i dont really want to sit through walking dead and game of thrones. love the shows but hve been through their panels twice alredy,

Offline omraged9

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 242
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2017, 04:28:13 PM »
I think a lot of people will be camping out for the Game of Thrones and Walking Dead panels. I think some may leave after those panels. I'm only planning on going to Hall H after those panels.

Offline marvelmorris

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 36
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2017, 06:32:40 PM »
In the past, MAOS have had a panel and signing at both SDCC & NYCC.  Unless MAOS is starting later in the fall season this year, I don't believe Clark Gregg's plausible, but unconvincing reason for it not being at SDCC. 

On the plus side, excited for Inhumans! 

Offline indiglow

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 51
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2017, 06:36:56 PM »
In the past, MAOS have had a panel and signing at both SDCC & NYCC.  Unless MAOS is starting later in the fall season this year, I don't believe Clark Gregg's plausible, but unconvincing reason for it not being at SDCC. 

On the plus side, excited for Inhumans!

They actually are starting late this year. AOS is premiering midseason.

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2017, 07:48:35 PM »

Ditto but they were at Wondercon and it can be expensive to launch new shows. I'll cut them some slack. I want to see Defenders too but yeah I don't have any desire to camp out in Hall H that day or the night before?

Pretty bummed no AoS panel this year. Not sure why Marvel or ABC is too cheap to bring the cast over. Don't they film in LA? They'd just need to bus the cast the over. Unless they aren't starting their filming in July this year, hmm.

Offline indiglow

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 51
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2017, 09:06:23 PM »
Ditto but they were at Wondercon and it can be expensive to launch new shows. I'll cut them some slack. I want to see Defenders too but yeah I don't have any desire to camp out in Hall H that day or the night before?

It's bc AOS is premiering late this year.

Offline omraged9

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2017, 11:00:51 PM »

Yeah I wouldn't camp out for Defenders or Preacher right before it. Last year when Preacher had its panel at Hall H later at night, it was only 1/5 or 1/6 filled. I don't really see Hall H at full capacity for either panel. However, due to the massive traffic flow exiting and going to Hall H, I'd still get there an hour early for the Defenders panel.  Last year when I tried to see the Prison Break panel in Hall H on Sunday and got there 20 min before it started and Hall H was maybe 2/3 full at most, I still ended up missing the entire panel since they were so inefficient in getting people inside.

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2017, 07:31:44 AM »
Hate that they do that. Panel starts, room is half full and they don't queue the line outside in? Ugh. What's after Defenders? The room campers make it harder to tell if the room empties.

Yeah I wouldn't camp out for Defenders or Preacher right before it. Last year when Preacher had its panel at Hall H later at night, it was only 1/5 or 1/6 filled. I don't really see Hall H at full capacity for either panel. However, due to the massive traffic flow exiting and going to Hall H, I'd still get there an hour early for the Defenders panel.  Last year when I tried to see the Prison Break panel in Hall H on Sunday and got there 20 min before it started and Hall H was maybe 2/3 full at most, I still ended up missing the entire panel since they were so inefficient in getting people inside.

Offline omraged9

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2017, 03:19:38 PM »
Hate that they do that. Panel starts, room is half full and they don't queue the line outside in? Ugh. What's after Defenders? The room campers make it harder to tell if the room empties.

It's not just a campers issue. This happened on Sunday after all the campers were gone. They just have really poor room flow inefficiency. I think the biggest problem is the area where everyone exits Hall H is in the same pathway where people in line/queues have to cross to go inside Hall H. Plus there are also stragglers walking around in that area and people who need to go to the Hilton Bayfront walk that same path. So that pathway is a gigantic traffic jam no matter which day it is. I understand on Thurs to Sat, they need to control the room flow since panels do completely fill up in those days but on Sunday, there's usually enough empty seats left to just let people walk in but for some reason they feel a need to keep a tight leash on letting a certain number of people in at a time.

I don't think there are any panels after Defenders.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2017, 03:45:26 PM »
This will be the final Strain panel. This coming season is its last. I wish it was still on Sunday in Hall H b/c I'd love to see it. That's one of my shows.

As to AoS, I am surprised they aren't bringing it just b/c it's would likely be the last AoS panel. I feel pretty strongly this next season will be the last one for it.

I'd also love to see The Defenders and I bet a lot of money you will be able to get into that one after GoT ends. However, I have Fundays that night and b/c people are dumb and line up early for that, I will have to be in line for that and have to skip a chance at The Defenders.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2017, 04:35:41 PM »
Yeah, the traffic flow/jam outside probably doesn't help. I've been both inside and outside H when the label starts, it's half empty and there's a line outside. Ok, cool. If the room empties as usual we have a shot but you probably still need to dedicate a few hours wait to get in on time. Maybe a crowd control fire Marshall thing. Idk

It's not just a campers issue. This happened on Sunday after all the campers were gone. They just have really poor room flow inefficiency. I think the biggest problem is the area where everyone exits Hall H is in the same pathway where people in line/queues have to cross to go inside Hall H. Plus there are also stragglers walking around in that area and people who need to go to the Hilton Bayfront walk that same path. So that pathway is a gigantic traffic jam no matter which day it is. I understand on Thurs to Sat, they need to control the room flow since panels do completely fill up in those days but on Sunday, there's usually enough empty seats left to just let people walk in but for some reason they feel a need to keep a tight leash on letting a certain number of people in at a time.

I don't think there are any panels after Defenders.

Offline omraged9

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2017, 09:53:16 PM »
As to AoS, I am surprised they aren't bringing it just b/c it's would likely be the last AoS panel. I feel pretty strongly this next season will be the last one for it.

Ugh, how depressing. I hadn't thought about that. It makes me really glad I saw their panel at Wondercon earlier this year. I hope they can do another panel at Wondercon next year but if it may be their last season, not sure if Marvel wants to spend anymore money to promote it.

Yeah, the traffic flow/jam outside probably doesn't help. I've been both inside and outside H when the label starts, it's half empty and there's a line outside. Ok, cool. If the room empties as usual we have a shot but you probably still need to dedicate a few hours wait to get in on time. Maybe a crowd control fire Marshall thing. Idk

The only thing I can think of why they did it that way is that the Prison Break panel last year was after Dr. Who (I think) and after that panel ended, there was a mass exodus that probably took 15 min long to clear out and they didn't open the line and let people in line inside until they could clear that pathway.  I wish there was a way to re-direct the traffic of people exiting into another pathway, or let the people in line inside through another entrance, but it seems hopeless.