Author Topic: Bathroom Passes  (Read 3071 times)

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
Bathroom Passes
« on: July 06, 2017, 12:19:17 PM »
Didn't see anything posted in a couple years concerning this.  Last year how did Hall H bathroom passes work?  If say GOT finishes on Fri and you don't care about Twin Peaks could you leave immediately after GOT then be back before Preacher starts or is it before that?  I have to pick up a preorder from a booth and was wondering how much time you have with a bathroom pass.

Offline rk23

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 19
Re: Bathroom Passes
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 12:27:59 PM »
There's no guarantee it will be the same year after year, and Hall H does have bathrooms inside, but generally they do give out bathroom passes.  If you leave during a panel, you have to return within that panel's time slot; the slip you're given will say the panel's name and time.  If you're planning to leave during the passing time between panels, make sure they're giving out slips with the upcoming panel's name on them; if they're not, wait a few minutes until they have them ready.  You can then be gone for as much of that panel as you want. 

I suspect the room will no longer be full after GoT ends, and I especially don't think it will be full for Preacher, so there's probably not a lot to worry about.  But there's always a risk that if people abuse the bathroom passes, they'll stop giving them out.  (Preacher was a super fun panel last year, I definitely want to be there for this year!)

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:46:05 PM »

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 191
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 03:12:05 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Didn't see anything posted in a couple years concerning this.  Last year how did Hall H bathroom passes work?  If say GOT finishes on Fri and you don't care about Twin Peaks could you leave immediately after GOT then be back before Preacher starts or is it before that?  I have to pick up a preorder from a booth and was wondering how much time you have with a bathroom pass.

What??!!

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 08:19:30 PM »
You have to be back before the end of the following panel.. so I'd be back by 40 to 45 minutes but remember to factor in however long will take you to get through the crowds inside and out. You might be fine with an hour since they start late sometimes but it's better to return earlier than later in case something happens

Offline lilredrubi74

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 141
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 12:58:19 AM »
This is from the Toucan blog July 5 2017 
' Please remain seated once an event starts, and leave only after the event finishes.

There are restrooms in Hall H. When you are facing the stage, the restrooms are to your right. If you leave the hall-for any reason-you may not be allowed back in or you may have to get in line to get back in. Again, because of Fire Marshal rules, this policy will be strictly enforced, with no exceptions.

Comic-Con International has the best attendees in the world, and comics publishers, Hollywood studios, and everyone in the pop culture industries knows this. That’s why Comic-Con has the most incredible guests and programs of any convention. We know you’re here because you love this stuff as much as we do. We are all fans. Please keep the above guidelines in mind at all times, and everyone will have a safe, courteous, and fun time at the show!'

Sounds like if you leave you have to go back into the line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 03:50:49 AM »
They've said that every year, but still had bathroom passes.

Offline Alwaysmidnight

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 22
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 11:14:33 PM »
I'm kind of wondering about bathroom passes as well. In 2015, my son and I watched walking dead panel  and he didn't watch Game of thrones stop he wanted to go catch something else so he left and got a bathroom pass, he gave up his seat returned before it was over and I gave him my seat for Star Wars... BUT with the new I'D cards that you have to scan every time u leave and enter a room... will they still use paper passes? Won't they see if that Badge hasnt ever been in hall H before if u swap out? For instance, Sat. Me and my son will b there WB... I want to watch it all til 2... Then at Women who kick ass 2pm if I get a bathroom pass have my son save my seat,  and then I will give my hubby the bathroom pass to get back in by end of panel maybe 230.. and he will stay til 515 and I us like to swap out seats with him again for marvel at 530. It's this possible with the new scanner ID cards?

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 03:06:01 AM »
I don't know with 100% certainty, but I don't recall having to specifically tap in and out of Hall H last year.  Just the convention center as a whole. That said, I was extremely tired that morning and may have forgotten details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 04:28:34 AM »
They had the scanners there, but you didn't scan in and out of Hall H.  And when you got a bathroom pass, you went out into the convention center from a separate place, so you didn't have to tap in and out if you left on a bathroom pass.

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2017, 06:08:04 AM »
They had the scanners there, but you didn't scan in and out of Hall H.  And when you got a bathroom pass, you went out into the convention center from a separate place, so you didn't have to tap in and out if you left on a bathroom pass.

Hall H has bathrooms , so not bathroom passes there.
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2017, 07:19:39 AM »
No, it does have bathroom passes (at least it has the last four years), you just have to go back out into the Hall H lobby, and if you go towards the side where the rest of the convention center is, there's someone there handing out the passes.  That's also where you re-enter with a pass.  Trust me, I've used them every year to go upstairs where there are more food options or to use the facilities up there since the lines aren't as long.

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2017, 11:48:32 AM »
No, it does have bathroom passes (at least it has the last four years), you just have to go back out into the Hall H lobby, and if you go towards the side where the rest of the convention center is, there's someone there handing out the passes.  That's also where you re-enter with a pass.  Trust me, I've used them every year to go upstairs where there are more food options or to use the facilities up there since the lines aren't as long.

I figured they would not have any because of the bathrooms , its nice they still have them for Hall H :D
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 10:10:06 AM »
And where the bathrooms might actually not be too nasty.  Hall H bathrooms = yuck...

Offline Alwaysmidnight

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 22
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2017, 11:23:21 AM »
Ok. So then it would work for swapping us out. I thought you had to scan into every room.
Yeah. They gave my son a pass in 2015... Friday and saturday..just said to be back before panels over.  it kinda feels like they should  allow us to leave and come back to get food or drinks ... especially as I will be there from 8am-7 pm on Saturday... couldn't bring 3 meals in. I have disabled badge so that might make it easier for me as well to get one and come back. But you've got to have someone save your seat right..

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2017, 11:48:43 AM »
it kinda feels like they should  allow us to leave and come back to get food or drinks ...

There are dedicated food vendors inside the Hall H area.