Author Topic: Anime NYC November 17-19 2017  (Read 1276 times)

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
Anime NYC November 17-19 2017
« on: September 23, 2017, 11:12:46 AM »
Anime NYC
Javits Center
Friday, November 17; exhibit hall hours 1pm — 7pm, programming until 10pm
Saturday, November 18; exhibit hall hours 10am — 7pm, programming until 10pm
Sunday, November 19; exhibit hall hours 10am — 5pm

Daily and full weekend passes available
Friday Only Admission: $35
Saturday Only Admission: $45
Sunday Only Admission: $40
3-Day Weekend Ticket: $60

Kids 6 and under are admitted for free. VIP passes are $275 and include admission during all Anime NYC hours and access to various special guest appearances and exclusive events. Attendees who purchase tickets by October 10 will receive their passes in the mail; attendees who purchase tickets after October 10 will pick up passes at Anime NYC.

Website: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is updated regularly with new guests, exciting exhibitors, and special programming.
Facebook: facebook.com/AnimeNYC
Twitter: @AnimeNYC
Instagram: @AnimeNYC

Anime NYC convention powered by Crunchyroll, a 3-day convention celebrating Japanese culture and anime, at the Javits Center this fall from November 17-19. The convention looks to bring 20,000 fans together around musical performers straight from Tokyo, special guests from the worlds of anime and film, the chance to preview the latest in gaming technology, and more.

Attendees will be able to view exclusive anime screenings and meet major guests courtesy of international animation and manga publishers like Aniplex, Bandai Visual, Crunchyroll, Funimation, Sentai Filmworks, Sunrise, Yen Press, and VIZ Media; play the latest in Japanese gaming technology; chow down on Japanese delicacies and fusion cuisine; rock out to musical guests direct from Tokyo; and more

Special Guests and Events:

Sailor Moon Crystal Cast Panel and Screening with Stephanie Sheh (Sailor Moon), Kate Higgins (Sailor Mercury), Cristina Vee (Sailor Mars), Amanda Celine Miller (Sailor Jupiter), Cherami Leigh (Sailor Venus), Sandy Fox (Chibi-Usa), Erica Mendez (Sailor Uranus), Lauren Landa (Sailor Neptune), Christine Marie Cabanos (Sailor Saturn), and Robbie Daymond (Tuxedo Mask)
    US Premiere of the film Gundam Thunderbolt: Bandit Flower and concert lead by composer Naruyoshi Kikuchi
    Anime Diva Night powered by Anisong World Matsuri concert featuring Japanese singers Yoko Ishida, Chihiro Yonekura, and TRUE
    NY Ramen Summit featuring a discussion between famed ramen chefs from around NYC
    Talk from LeSean Thomas, an NYC native who has successfully worked in the anime industry in Japan and whose Children of Ether is now on Crunchyroll and whose Cannon Busters will be debuting next year on Netflix
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
Re: Anime NYC November 17-19 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 12:12:37 PM »
I'll be at this!
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:12:44 PM »

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 05:03:16 PM »
This is next weekend! I'm very excited about the Haikyuu panel as that's my favorite anime.

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 12:17:19 PM »
Was anyone else there? I had a really great time, even though I was sick on Sunday and couldn't go that day. It was my first anime convention and I really enjoyed it.

It was interesting to see how they set up the Javits. I've been to a bunch of different cons at Javits and this is the first time I've ever seen the panel rooms be on the show floor.

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 02:43:33 PM »
ell us more. I went to Pax Unplugged on Sunday and that was fun
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 03:05:15 PM »
There was some big stuff that I didn't go to - they had a concert with a trio of anisong singers who were collaborating for the first time, and the premiere of the Fullmetal Alchemist live-action film was on Sunday - but the Haikyuu panel was fun, and so was Princess Principal and IDOLiSH7. For IDOLiSH7, they screened the first two episodes, and I was in the front row surrounded by cosplayers. (Crunchyroll You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - I'm the awkward-looking one in the blue hoodie.) The Sailor Moon panel was amazing - it was the largest gathering of English voice actors ever. Basically all of them were there. I think there were 11 guests? They did trivia and gave away some cool prizes, and one of the anisong singers that was there sings the theme song, so she performed it for us.

There were a lot of signings. You had to get there early and get tickets for most of them, which I didn't do (too tired to get up early!), but I did do the booth signing for Haikyuu so I got a Haikyuu bag signed by the English dub voices of Hinata and Kageyama. They were also my only interview from the weekend.

The floor was cool. It looked like it was going to be really small because they were only using, like, a fourth of the floor, but it didn't seem that small. I was, sadly, broker than broke so I couldn't buy anything, and man I wish I had money because there was some awesome stuff at some of the booths. They set up a tabletop area in the back and brought a bunch of Japanese arcade games that were free to play all weekend.

The Main Stage was in the back of the queue hall, which was just so weird. (There was another convention in the Javits on Friday and they had the actual Main Stage booked.) Then there were three other panel rooms were on the show floor - they were bigger than I expected when I saw them on the map. Artist Alley was in the River Pavilion - I liked it up there because it was nice and airy but the sun was a killer.

Everyone I met was friendly, and it never felt crowded or overwhelming. I didn't have any problem getting into any of the panels I was interested in. This was just a really great convention.